Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

NEED HELP! Best Option for DIY Videography- Wedit, Wedding Mix, etc.

I would love input from brides if they have used any of the DIY videography services and if so which ones did you use and why? 

I don't need an extravagant video of my wedding but I would love something to remember!  

Thanks!! 

Re: NEED HELP! Best Option for DIY Videography- Wedit, Wedding Mix, etc.

• Options
    I don't have any experience using DIY videography. However, I wanted video but not that ridiculous price tag-coming to the end of our budget here. I went on thumbtack, put in my max budget and found someone that seems of really good quality. My videographer isn't by any means a top notch video artist, hes got a very small company but I got a great price. The important part is I will be getting A video and I'm happy with that. Not to mention the day of you're probably going to be so busy I'm not sure you'll have the focus on doing video too, you'll be enjoying yourself and living it up on the dance floor, haha!
  • Options
    Thanks I will check it out on Thumbtack!! 
  • Options
    I think a company like WeddingMix would be the way to go, my cousin used them and was very happy, she said it was great because she got the memories of a video but also the personal point of view of her guests
  • Options
    I know that this is old but Thumbtack is great! I use it for my business and I used it to find my vendors for my wedding (they all were wonderful!)

If you're looking to do the video yourself, I would suggest buying a couple of go pros ( you can get them cheap at walmart) or renting out some DSLRs (I think you can get a weekend set for $30-$45) and setting them unto take video for young then run them through an editing software ( theres a lot of good free ones out there) that way you can atleast have something nice to watch back!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @monniiauddii What types of vendors did you trust getting from thumbtack? Is there an editing software that doesn't take up a bunch of time? I considered buying a go-pro but my fiance said that renting one from one of the services was cheaper because it had editing included.
  • Options
    @Clarissaisdabride I found my officiant and bartender on thumbtack for my wedding plus a wedding planner to consult with (I was on a tight budget so just did consulting with them, but they were great). And then for my friends wedding, we found a DJ from there as well which was all fantastic.

And I would say, it depends on what you mean by 'a lot of time'. I know that all go pro's come with editing software that supposedly really easy to use, but I never used it (I have final cut pro and that's what I prefer).

Also one pro of buying over renting is that you can use the go pro over and over again (we used it for our honeymoon since we spent most of it on the beach and that camera is rugged and waterproof :) But if you rent, you could rent out more and get more angles too. IDK anything about their editing severe tho.

Just make sure to use a mic or some app (like on your phone) to pick up audio to sync later if you do use go pro's since the internal mics they have aren't the best 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker