Nevada-Las Vegas

Tipping etiquette

I am getting married at Caesars and my package includes a photographer and an assigned wedding planner through the hotel. I was wondering who I have to tip. Is it required to tip one or both of them?

Re: Tipping etiquette

• I wouldn't feel obliged to tip either; the planner is a salaried employee, photog is probably staff for the company that has the contract with caesars (Imagine I think?), and typically the staff photography photos you get at resorts from the required vendors are priced insanely high.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• I personally wouldn't tip either, unless your wedding planner helps you bend the rules or waives some outside vendor fees. I wouldn't tip Cashman on principal, given as that they gouge with their pricing (and that's using a nice word.) If it were an outside photography vendor, I definitely would, though.
  • I've got the wedding planner that came with the resort, and a second day-of-coordinator. I'm currently planning on tipping both, mostly because they've both been a big help as I've gotten close.  We've got a photographer through the hotel, but it's Gin & Sake, which generally gets great reviews, and is usually an "outside" photographer.  I'm tentatively planning on tipping him too, but I'm not sure how much is reasonable yet.
  • I've got the wedding planner that came with the resort, and a second day-of-coordinator. I'm currently planning on tipping both, mostly because they've both been a big help as I've gotten close.  We've got a photographer through the hotel, but it's Gin & Sake, which generally gets great reviews, and is usually an "outside" photographer.  I'm tentatively planning on tipping him too, but I'm not sure how much is reasonable yet.
    I would plan to tip Gin & Sake around $50-$150, depending how much you love your photography and if they put in anything extra for you. Their work is amazing and their pricing is reflective of the work they put out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards