Chit Chat

Re: crazy wedding related story on jezebel

• Options
    I think I'd explain it to little sister and see what she thinks, then if she agrees do it. 
  • Options
    Assuming it isn't MUD which it sounds like: My answer is nope! Sounds like selling your soul. She doesn't sound like someone I would even have any contact with forget allowing her to pay me to be my MOH. Granted, I am also not strapped for $10k.
  • Options
    This sounds trashy to me. I'd say no. 
  • Options
    Sounds like MUD to me, but my answer is no.  It's not just switching out your MOH, it's potentially losing a friendship with someone who is your ultimate BFF... you couldn't pay me enough for that repercussion.
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    Does it ever say (I don't really want to read through the thread) WHY Mary is apparently obsessed with paying to do things like be MOH, give a speech at her brother's graduation, chaperone Anne's field trip? Those details make the whole thing sound super fake to me, like why would this person be repeatedly willing to shell out money to participate in the life events (and non-events, a field trip isn't really a big momentous occasion that people covet a chance to participate in...) of people she knows don't like her?

If Anne was cool with it I'd totally take the money and split it with her. It's $10,000 for someone to stand next to me for 20 minutes! 
  • Options
    Sounds like MUD for sure. But If these were my sisters, I would talk to Anne about whether to do it and split the money with her. If I were Anne, I would tell the poster to take the money. $10k is a lot between two people. TBH I would take my $5k if I were Anne and be happy about it. It would mean losing an honorary role, sure, but I honestly don't think being MOH is THAT important to a lot of people.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Nope!

I wouldn't want Mary involved in my wedding at all, never mind my MOH.
  • Options
    No. Mary wouldn't even be a guest.

Also, these people make my family look downright normal.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I don't believe for a second that this is a real situation being grappled with by a real person, but as a hypothetical...I would do it in a heartbeat.  And if I was the sweet and kind sister, I would absolutely tell the bride to take the cash and run. Ten thousand dollars is a lot of money.  If the two nice sisters split it, that is still a lot of money for each one.  
  • Options
    I don't think my sister cared if she was in my wedding (we weren't really on speaking terms), but if my parents had paid me $10k to make her my "maid of honor" - hell yeah I would take it, because who cares! It's one day! I think it's a stupid "role" anyway, and not really sure what the point is.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards