Wedding Woes

Am I over reacting ???

2»

Re: Am I over reacting ???

• Heffalump said:
    If you are being bullied, then by that definition, I guess you're super-bullying your venue.

(For the record, neither is anywhere close to bullying.)
    Well maybe that's why I asked - so I would no longer continue to "bully" them. 
  • Speaking of bullying, we need that calendar guy to come back.  That was an amazing day.  

Also, it was like...4 or 5 years ago?  I don't want to talk about how long I've been around.  :D 

• Barbie was comparing your post to all of the other over reacting titled posts and making an observation about what is common amongst them. 

In non-shocking news, your response and jump to bullying was yet another over reaction. 
    Well maybe. 
  • Yes it is not the greatest customer service to straight up ignore your email.

Yes you are overreacting.

The venue contact person should have found the time to shoot you a quick email saying "we will be in touch mid-2017 to set something up," but it's pretty understandable that it fell through the cracks this far out.  

I, too, work at a place where weddings are held.  We do almost 50 a year, and there is one employee who is in charge of nearly all of them.  (Her boss takes on a couple a year, mostly if she is out of the office when the lead comes in or it's someone who was referred directly to him.)  And she doesn't just do weddings, either. She is also in charge of tons of corporate/education/nonprofit/association/etc. groups as well.  Suffice it to say that she is not a person who has down time at work.  

We had a running joke at the office about someone who was bringing in a sports team and started calling continuously 6 months out trying to pin down details.  Dude, we will deal with what vegetable you want in your egg bake in about 5 months.  Right now we have far more pressing matters to attend to.

Ya I get that now. I didn't even factor in the funeral thing. I can wait but the whole no communication thing is what was getting me. I figured I'll wait a few more months or even wait until the beginning  of next year and reach back out. Thanks   

• mrsconn23 said:
    Yes it is not the greatest customer service to straight up ignore your email.

Yes, yes, and yes.  Also though, the venue as a phone number, no?  You could always call them and just chat with the person who answers the phone.  They should know basic/general information on how events work there.  You don't need 'personalized' service right this minute.  

I would recommend called midweek, since their biggest events from probably Fri-Sun.  So Tues/Weds would be the best days to call. 

I did call had to leave a message. I don't want personalized service I just wanted a quick email with whatever info they had. I would have been happy with just a Hey we will call/email you when it's time. It was the total lack of/No communication that was my problem. I get that's pretty common now though so I'll let things sit for a while. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Yes it is not the greatest customer service to straight up ignore your email.

Yes, yes, and yes.  Also though, the venue as a phone number, no?  You could always call them and just chat with the person who answers the phone.  They should know basic/general information on how events work there.  You don't need 'personalized' service right this minute.  

I would recommend called midweek, since their biggest events from probably Fri-Sun.  So Tues/Weds would be the best days to call. 

I did call had to leave a message. I don't want personalized service I just wanted a quick email with whatever info they had. I would have been happy with just a Hey we will call/email you when it's time. It was the total lack of/No communication that was my problem. I get that's pretty common now though so I'll let things sit for a while. 
    So I just re-read your initial post in case I was missing something, but didn't you say you emailed and when you got no response followed up, to which they replied they were busy and they would get back to you at a later date? 

If if that's the case then there really wasn't "no" response. It might not have been the response you were looking for but they did say they were in the busy season and would contact you later. 

Im glad you're letting things sit for now, I think that's a good plan. I really would wait for them to contact/invite you at the right time. They're not going to forget about your wedding, or not schedule a tasting. 
    Right that was back in June and the way he made it sound was like he was getting it together now and would be sending it out in the next few WEEKS. I didn't hear anything so I waited and email back this month. I haven't heard anything back at all this time. That's why I was concerned. If it wasn't going to be until next year he could have told me that when we booked and I would have been happy. But yes i'm letting it go, since I now know I was completely wrong. Thank you   
  • @flantastic
    I totally want to hug your owl, even though it would probably claw the crap out of me if I tried. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards