Wedding Woes
Options

MONDAY!

How was the weekend?

Friday: The day was OK.  DefConn did all right, but was still up and down.  I went out to dinner with my sisters and some friends for my older sister's bday.   My younger sister and I ubered back and forth to downtown.  Our driver on the way down was awesome, the guy on the way home gave me weird vibes.   I heard his whole life story (what is wrong with talking about the weather?).  He pretty much Maria Von Trapped his wife. 

The boys went to FIL's for the night.  Which I wasn't thrilled about since DefConn was sick, but whatever. 

Saturday:  I worked.  DH and DefConn got home right after I got off work.  The kiddo stayed with FIL.

DefConn still seemed warm and was complaining about a sore throat.  I looked in his throat and it was very questionable.  We hauled him off to MedCheck and he had(has?) tonsillitis and an ear infection. He's been such a freaking trouper.  He hardly complained at all and wanted to play and eat like normal.  I think we may be starting down the road having his tonsils yanked.  I hope not, but he's had ENT issues since 6 mos old. 

After medcheck, we went to dinner and then home to relax the rest of the night. 

Sunday:  I made a big Sunday breakfast and then went grocery shopping.  I spent the rest of the afternoon in the kitchen making stuff (pb&j banana bread and breakfast casserole muffins, plus enchiladas and burritos for dinner).  The rest of the night was just hanging out.  FIL and the kiddo went to the southern part of the state on FIL's motorcycle and got back to our house about 6:30 or 7.  

Re: MONDAY!

• Options

My weekend was okay.

That table that I've been obsessing over arrived. It's fine. but we're not sold. We may have to move.

The couch came on Saturday, which was a PITA. The one part wouldn't fit in the front door (there's a coat closet right there so once it gets through the doorway, it's gotta get around a corner kinda), so they tried the back sliding glass door. Nope. So they had me sign a waiver that I was okay with any damage to the house or couch and they jammed it through the front. No damage to the couch but a little paint came off the corner of the wall. NBD.

So we can't move because the couch is never leaving the house.

H said something shitty Friday night, felt bad, but this wasn't the first time he's made a comment like this so I was upset. Saturday morning I was trying to get over it and I knew he had a long hard day at work so I got up early, went to the store to get stuff for crockpot dinner, cleaned the entire house, dealt with the furniture guys and the cable guy, etc. Then H calls at like 8 when he's on his way home. The crockpot was done hours ago and I turned it off, but the rice was just mush. H said ANOTHER shitty comment. FFS, guy. So he got home, got mad at me for being mad at him, argument ensues.

Then last night I asked him to get me cash out of the safe (I always forget the damned combination) for the Bears game today and he forgets. Story. of. my. fucking. life. I'm tired of being the one person in H's life who hasn't shat on him, but is continuously being shit on by him.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

Ugh sorry I wrote an essay on my weekend.

I hope DeffConn doesn't have to have his tonsils removed - poor dude! I hope he feels better soon! :)

Also BEARS GAME TONIGHT. I'm leaving the office at 11 and getting drunk all day.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Poor DefConn, although it doesn't sound like it's slowing him down which is awesome. 

My niece is having tubes put in her ears on Wednesday. I told my sister if was worse for her than the nugget baby, but you know, I just don't understand. *eye roll*. 

My BFF came over yesterday and brought me flowers and cookies and Bernie Sanders earrings. She's awesome and it was nice to just sit around and BS with someone. 

The cats woke me up this morning, so now I'm up and cranky and can't have caffeine and now that I'm awake they want nothing to do with me. Assholes. 
  • Options

My niece is having tubes put in her ears on Wednesday. I told my sister if was worse for her than the nugget baby, but you know, I just don't understand. *eye roll*. 

It totally is worse on you as the parents.  DefConn had them placed almost 3 years ago (which they've fallen out since) and he was just fine as soon as the anesthesia wore off.  DH and I were exhausted all day and he was bouncing around like nothing happened. 

There was one kid in recovery having a huge fucking meltdown though.  I was crossing my fingers that DefConn wouldn't be the same or let that kid upset him.  Thankfully, neither happened. 

But yeah, your sister sounds fun.  ;) 
  • Options

Weekend was good. Pretty uneventful. A few weeks ago, DH and I went to dinner with my brother and his GF at this awesome Cuban restaurant. They had the best black beans I've ever had. I decided that I was going to learn how to make black beans that were as good as theirs, if not better. I did a bunch of research and found a recipe with almost 5 star ratings.

So, Friday night I started soaking some black beans. They soaked all night, and I put them in the crock pot to cook on Saturday. They didn't get done until 11:30 pm on Saturday. Like, what???? I was following the recipe closely and per the recipe they shouldn't have taken nearly that long. I'm pretty sure my crock pot wasn't getting hot enough to cook them in a reasonable amount of time. So I bought a new one :) Sadly, we ate the beans last night and they were totally not worth the wait. I'm trying a different recipe next time.

Today is when the real fun begins :) Our anniversary is tomorrow! I'm getting off work early today, and DH is taking me flying. Then we are driving down to Atlanta for the night. One of his flight students bought us a night at a really nice hotel in downtown Atlanta for our anniversary completely out of the blue. I'm so excited!

• Options
    Saturday I went and got my hair done and had a hair trial. We then went to FI's Employee Appreciation Day and I, again, regret going to it. I don't know anyone there and he basically forgets I'm there. This place has a bowling alley, laser tag, ropes course, and arcade and his company gave us a $20 game ticket but all we did was, I'm sorry all he did, was bowl. I didn't take socks (my stupidity) and we had the baby with us so I was basically stuck sitting there watching him bowl. Then, he had his bachelor party. He stumbled in the door around 2 so drunk that he doesn't remember talking to me so I wasn't real happy with him yesterday. 

I ended up taking the baby to Target at 8 am (so glad they open that early) so that FI could sleep a bit hoping he wouldn't be a complete slug when he woke up. That didn't happen. He didn't really become human again until late yesterday afternoon. Then he watched football allllllll day knowing I don't like football. 
  • Options

Poor DefConn.  I hope he's feeling better soon!

Just got back from taking the kids to the dentist. No cavities x 2!  We are halfway packed for our trip.  New laptop is up and running so I can actually get work done.

I forgot my rings all last week after I took them off when painted Wooz's room last weekend.  I finally remembered to put them on Saturday a.m., and then Wooz and I went for mani/pedis yesterday, so I took them off before we left.  Guess who forgot to put them on again?  People are seriously going to start to talk.

Also, I finally managed to get DH sucked into Stranger Things.  It took a little work, but it was so worth it.  We finished episode 5, and now otherwise-smart Nancy went through the tree into the Upside Down.  Girl, what were you thinking? 

• Options
    I'm fairly certain my life is just one big meeting these days broken up by times I go home and think about what I have to do for meetings. 

I ran the half marathon Saturday! My time sucked but I finished!!!!!. And took pictures in front of airplanes. 

FIFY. :) Good job!!! A finish, regardless of the time, is exciting and worth celebrating!

• Options
    @mrsconn23  sorry to hear about DefConn :( How old is he?
    I had my tonsills and adinoids removed, and tubes put in my ears at 4yrs old. I was fine later but didn't want to take the medicine popsycle so apparently my dad had to hold me while I got the shot. Lol and my mum passed out when she saw tiny me in huge 

@ShesSoCold  rawr I'd be bitchy with my H too if he kept saying shitty things :(

@DrillSergeantCat Sucky :(

Friday - since my mum was home and I needed to bring more cat food over, I went and hung out for awhile.

Saturday - we went to H's grandparents place. He was suppose to fix his grandpa's computer but it crashed. There has been issues with this thing since day 1, so I wasn't surprised. H was/is really hard on himself about this.

We also picked up a dolly to help us move stuff NEXT WEEK

That evening we went to a friend's place for a BBQ. My friend and I were going to go for a walk, but it started to torrential downpour so we got soaked and came back. Found out her building has a games room, and we played ping pong for a bit and watched tv

Sunday - H's friend ended up crashing at our place, so I made breakfast for everyone {French toast}
    Afternoon was pretty low key. After dropping H's friend home, we took a spin around our new neighbourhood. Lots going on for a Sunday! Drove to H's parents place to pick up an old iPhone H needs for his job. Dropped/picked up some stuff at my mum's place and basically lazed around rest of the day.

H napped, but I packed up some stuff. We have glasses we're either giving back to MIL or holding until BIL moves, but regardless we're not using them anymore. I was never a huge fan, so we're getting some iKea ones {nothing too fancy obv}

Also we were joking around, and I went to pull H towards me for a hug and he fell half on me and crushed my arm. Now I have a huge painful bruise from the couch :'(

Tonight is lawyer's appt and they tell us what kinda cheque {type and amount} we bring in and when. Later this week is final walk through So close!!
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger thanks. I'm still kind of struggling with the whole concept of the bachelor party. It seems really gross to me to think they're partying and getting drunk to celebrate the "last night of freedom." I told him it didn't bother me, but I'm letting my insecurities get the better of me. I know he doesn't feel trapped in this, but at the same time why the need to get so wastyface?
  • Options

So, Friday night I started soaking some black beans. They soaked all night, and I put them in the crock pot to cook on Saturday. They didn't get done until 11:30 pm on Saturday. Like, what???? I was following the recipe closely and per the recipe they shouldn't have taken nearly that long. I'm pretty sure my crock pot wasn't getting hot enough to cook them in a reasonable amount of time. So I bought a new one :) Sadly, we ate the beans last night and they were totally not worth the wait. I'm trying a different recipe next time.

@thefanciestbeckler try to boil the beans in salted water for at least 15 minutes, take them off the heat, and let them continue to soak for 1.5-2 hours before you put them in the crock pot. (you could do overnight at well)
    I do this when I add them to chili, and typically cook everything in the crock pot for ~8 hours, the first 4ish hours on high, and then switch to low. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2016
    @MissKittyDanger, DefConn is 5.5.  He's already had ear tubes.  He's gotten fewer EI's since they fell out, but he's still getting them. And now with the tonsillitis, paired with huge tonsils...it's not looking positive if this pattern keeps up.  :/ 

I have huge tonsils myself.  I struggled with strep many times as a kid.  I was one strep infections away from getting them yanked in elementary school.  I've had strep twice in the last 2 years and it took two Rx both times to get rid of it for good.  I've been told that if I get it again within a year since I had it last (which was Feb this year) that I'm likely to get an ENT referral. 

Maybe we'll get a 2 for 1 deal.  LOL   DH and the kiddo would tire of being nurses awfully quick, hee. 
  • Options
    @DrillSergeantCat  Fair point. It may just be "hey I'm having fun and not thinking about having to stop drinking" kinda deal. For my H's bachelor party, they did football game {since he's a sports fan and some of the guys are too} and then went downtown. He wanted to pub crawl and ended up drinking at the back of a strip club. I wasn't thrilled on that part {despite knowing that's not his scene} until he said he had more fun people watching at the drama.

Are you having a bachelorette party?

@mrsconn23  yikes! Yeh might be a road you're looking at. My parents didn't realize tonsils were cause of issues, until I kept getting ear infections and got sent to the ENT - my 4 yr old self was quite tiny, and then I ended up having huge tonsils so those got snipped out quick :\
  • Options
    @DrillSergeantCat  Fair point. It may just be "hey I'm having fun and not thinking about having to stop drinking" kinda deal. For my H's bachelor party, they did football game {since he's a sports fan and some of the guys are too} and then went downtown. He wanted to pub crawl and ended up drinking at the back of a strip club. I wasn't thrilled on that part {despite knowing that's not his scene} until he said he had more fun people watching at the drama.

I'm sure that's what it was. He did say that the guys kept buying him drinks. I think he really wanted to go to the strip club, but didn't want me to know he wanted to go. I am not having a bachelorette party, which he didn't find out about until Saturday and then he said he "felt like a dick for having one."
  • Options

I'm sure that's what it was. He did say that the guys kept buying him drinks. I think he really wanted to go to the strip club, but didn't want me to know he wanted to go. I am not having a bachelorette party, which he didn't find out about until Saturday and then he said he "felt like a dick for having one."
    Oh no :( You should do something with your side or something. I wasn't big on doing anything, so for my bachelorette we went to breakfast and got our nails done. They offered to do something bigger, or something else but I wanted low key. You should do something even small
  • Options
    Oh no :( You should do something with your side or something. I wasn't big on doing anything, so for my bachelorette we went to breakfast and got our nails done. They offered to do something bigger, or something else but I wanted low key. You should do something even small
    I told my BP I just wanted to go to dinner and maybe just hang out watching movies and doing girly things, but that didn't happen.
  • Options
    I told my BP I just wanted to go to dinner and maybe just hang out watching movies and doing girly things, but that didn't happen.
    Booo BP!! Now I want to come and throw you a bachelorette party like that :(
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    The MOH decided that since she planned the shower on her own (even though the other BM offered to help repeatedly) then the BM should plan the bachelorette. The BM is getting married next month and just kicked her MOH out of the wedding so the other BM and I are planning her bachelorette, but it's not until October and I'm getting married Saturday. We were originally going to do a joint party.
  • Options
    The MOH decided that since she planned the shower on her own (even though the other BM offered to help repeatedly) then the BM should plan the bachelorette. The BM is getting married next month and just kicked her MOH out of the wedding so the other BM and I are planning her bachelorette, but it's not until October and I'm getting married Saturday. We were originally going to do a joint party.
    Are they staying with you the night before? Is there a chance something could happen?
    AND HOLY CRAP SATURDAY!? :smiley:
  • Options
    DSC, does your schedule this week allow you for a movie and carry out night?  Even if it's just to relax with the girls, it sounds like you could use it.

@charlotte9875 congrats!  That's huge!

I love my parents, I really do and despite what I'm about to say in super appreciative that they they are here.  My dad did the cat litter and swept and took the trash out. My mom hand washed my surgical bra and just made me a sandwich. 

But damn I forgot how loud Deaf people are!  I'm trying to nap and my dad is guzzling a Diet Coke like its a beer chugging contest, my mom is making humming noises while on Facebook and if one of them gets ice, forget it!  My sis and I are texting about it and cracking up. 
  • Options
    Are they staying with you the night before? Is there a chance something could happen?
    AND HOLY CRAP SATURDAY!? :smiley:
    No. My BM offered to stay the night, but I don't feel right subjecting my infant who still wakes 1-3 times a night on other people. My mom has a broken back and can't lift him and my FMIL has blatantly said she doesn't want to watch him, so it's on me and FI. BM is coming over Friday to help me with all the flowers and we're going to go get our nails done. Yep, Saturday!
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 6let has always done terribly with anesthesia.  He had a horrible recovery with tonsils.  It was so bad I was seriously questioning if we should have done it.  It was awful and yet I'd still do it again in a heartbeat.  He had huge tonsils and it was affecting his breathing and eating and sleeping.  Not to scare, but to say that even with the worst recovery I'd still do it again.

Dh's stepsister tried to OD last weekend.  It was all a big mess of a story I don't really want to tell.  She spent time in the hospital and is home and stable-ish for now. 
  • Options
    Oh @6fsn,  re: stepsister...that sucks.  :( 
  • Options
    Tonsillectomy recovery sucked (I had mine at 20) - but I think I've only had strep once or twice since then, and it was never as severe. When I had mono as a teenager the swelling was dangerous - I was having trouble breathing. 
  • Options
    The Mr. had emergency tosillectomy recovery as a gown up and it sucked, but the kids around him bounced right back.
    (And my mom had to have tubes in her ears this winter, she thought it was NBD, FWIW)

This weekend was the girl scout retreat.  thunderstorms, ants and...well, camp is hard for sensory issues and introverts.  But we managed.  It was mostly fun.
    And I just got a call from the school because tired child mashed heads on the playground and had a meltdown, but she's doing a bit better at the moment, so I'm not going to go get her *quite* yet.

• Options
    @6fsn  :( Sorry to hear *hugs*
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about step sister 6, glad she's safe.
  • Options
    Hi y'all.

I think I might be fighting off something. I have taken a nap the last 2 days which is out of character for my body but I am a firm believer in resting when your body asks. I just hope it doesn't affect my nightime rountine.

RSVPs are trickling it. We had our final walk through at the venue last weekend; I am meeting with our DJ next week. We are almost to the 30 day mark and I am so excited. I know I am being a little annoying trying to figure out everyone's schedule but I have 2, potentially 3, couples staying at my house the days leading up to the wedding so excuse me for being a little ocd about who is where, when.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards