Chit Chat

Let's gossip

So I'm out of work and have nothing better to do.

So Brangalina is over.   Is anyone surprised that a hollywood couple who started out as an affair is over?

I mean, I actually know a few couples who are started out as affairs make it.  But add in the Hollywood angle and well, this is hardly surprising.  Maybe just surprising it lasted as long as it did.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: Let's gossip

• I'm surprised that the listed separation date is just days before the divorce filing.  In Hollywood that doesn't happen.  They usually quietly separate for months, but still show up to functions together, then get divorced.  So this is new.  Its all supposed to be over how Brad rears the kids since Angie doesn't even want to share physical custody.  This might become a crazy one.  Thank God TMZ has the scoop! 

Did anyone see Corey Feldman on the Today show?  It's pretty bizarre.

• I'm not overly shocked, but I am surprised they were only married for two years. For some reason, I thought they got married around the same time I did, which would make it 4 years. I can't say anything about a two year marriage, though. My first barely made it to two. 

• I did see Corey.  It's was VERY bizarre.  Very hard to watch.

According to Daily Mail Brad was cheating.  I can see Angelina filing right away if that is the case.  Makes more sense than filing fast over child rearing.  Unless there is some sort of child abuse.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I mean, is anyone in Hollywood not cheating though?  I'm obviously not famous, but I can't see how their career/lifestyle really lends itself to a monogamous relationship.
  • I mean, is anyone in Hollywood not cheating though?  I'm obviously not famous, but I can't see how their career/lifestyle really lends itself to a monogamous relationship.
    There are a few long term marriages out there, I just figure they have an agreement of some sort.     Like i don't believe for one moment John Travolta is monogamous.   He's at least bi-sexual and well the only way to satisfy that is to "cheat".

• I'm not shocked.  I'm also not saddened the way I was when, say, Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner split.  (Are they back together again?)  Brangelina always seemed a bit out of touch and i couldn't relate to them at all.
  • Personally, I want to know exactly what Brad was doing re: the kids that caused her to separate and file for divorce in a 5-day period... 

And the Corey Feldman thing on the Today Show - I really wanted to turn it off after about 30 seconds, but I stuck it out. So. Weird.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • eileenrob said:
    I'm not shocked.  I'm also not saddened the way I was when, say, Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner split.  (Are they back together again?)  Brangelina always seemed a bit out of touch and i couldn't relate to them at all.
    DH was living in T&C and was their wedding chef :)   

I agree Brad and Angelina are a little hard to relate too.   I grew up moving around a lot and sometimes it was hard.  However, I've gotten to see a lot of things others didn't see.  

They took my experience to a whole new level for their own kids.  It would hard to make friends moving from set location to set location like they do.   Cool they get to see parts of the world most will never get to see, but IDK, there still needs to be some stability/routine.

• Personally, I want to know exactly what Brad was doing re: the kids that caused her to separate and file for divorce in a 5-day period... 

And the Corey Feldman thing on the Today Show - I really wanted to turn it off after about 30 seconds, but I stuck it out. So. Weird.
    I was like:

• lyndausvi said:
    I mean, is anyone in Hollywood not cheating though?  I'm obviously not famous, but I can't see how their career/lifestyle really lends itself to a monogamous relationship.
    There are a few long term marriages out there, I just figure they have an agreement of some sort.     Like i don't believe for one moment John Travolta is monogamous.   He's at least bi-sexual and well the only way to satisfy that is to "cheat".
    If you have an open marriage, is it cheating? I'd say no, but I'd also say no to an open marriage.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• lyndausvi said:
    I mean, is anyone in Hollywood not cheating though?  I'm obviously not famous, but I can't see how their career/lifestyle really lends itself to a monogamous relationship.
    If you have an open marriage, is it cheating? I'd say no, but I'd also say no to an open marriage.
    That's why I say they must have some sort of [undisclosed] arrangement and put "cheat" in quotes.    Meaning, if they have an undisclosed-to-the-public arrangement then it's not cheating in my opinion.    

People I think who might have such an agreement would be John Travolta and Kelly Preston and Will and Jada Smith.   Both guys have been reportedly been with other people multiple times over the years and are still married.    Way too many times for them all to be false, I'm guessing they have open marriages.

• lyndausvi said:
    lyndausvi said:
    That's why I say they must have some sort of [undisclosed] arrangement and put "cheat" in quotes.    Meaning, if they have an undisclosed-to-the-public arrangement then it's not cheating in my opinion.    

People I think who might have such an agreement would be John Travolta and Kelly Preston and Will and Jada Smith.   Both guys have been reportedly been with other people multiple times over the years and are still married.    Way too many times for them all to be false, I'm guessing they have open marriages.
    Agreed. I figure, I don't care who consenting adults screw, as long as one of them isn't my husband. I figure there are even more of these arrangements when you factor in athletes and musicians. Not my bag, but if it works for you.

I just always expect someone who actually cheats, to eventually do it again...like Brad. It's hard for me to have a lot of sympathy for the other person if they knowingly were party to cheating on the previous spouse. You knew what you were signing up for, right or wrong.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith have publicly stated they have an open marriage.

@eileenrob The last tabloid I saw at the grocery store said Ben is back with J.Lo! But who knows with those magazines ;).

I'd like to think a loving, monogamous relationship is possible in Hollywood- mostly because it's sad to see so many people divorce (though it seems a lot of them rush into flings too- but who am I to judge). But I feel like the couples who do seem to make it last, they do their famous "thing" and then retreat back to their private home, often not in Hollywood.

Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas are still together. Ellen Degeneres and Portia De Rossi. Iman and David Bowie. Yeah, the list does seem quite small... I know there are a few actors/actresses who married "nobodies" and have stayed together (Matt Damon).

Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed are still together, though it's pretty public he's a notorious womanizer and cheater.

• lyndausvi said:
    Wait what? That's not true at all generally. It's absolutely possible to be bisexual and in a monogamous relationship with one partner. Same as being straight but choosing not to partake in the plethora of other available partners. Not saying Travolta isn't cheating, but just as a general rule bisexuals can be monogamous. 
    Thank you for saying this, @STARMOON44! I wanted to but didn't want to come across like I was taking the assumption about bisexual folks not being monogamous personally (I didn't, BTW).
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2016
    lyndausvi said:
    Wait what? That's not true at all generally. It's absolutely possible to be bisexual and in a monogamous relationship with one partner. Same as being straight but choosing not to partake in the plethora of other available partners. Not saying Travolta isn't cheating, but just as a general rule bisexuals can be monogamous. 
    Thank you for saying this, @STARMOON44! I wanted to but didn't want to come across like I was taking the assumption about bisexual folks not being monogamous personally (I didn't, BTW).
    I'm sorry, you are correct.  

I should know better than make a blanket statement like that.  I apologize.

I meant how it relates to being Hollywood, not the general public.   Hollywood is different world and I don't think it lends itself to be any orientation and monogamy.   Long term monogamy seems to be the exception not the rule.

I don't believe for one moment Travolta is monogamous.  Open relationship?  Totally.

• To be honest, I was a little shocked this morning, when I knew that they had been together for 12 years. Kinda feel sorry that they did not make it happen. IDK, I just feel sad...
    You know is love when flowers bloom ;)
  • I don't really follow this type of stuff, but if this article is true, Karma is definitely a bitch.  While on the set of a new movie, Brad cheated on wife #2  with his co-star?  Deja vu?
    http://pagesix.com/2016/09/20/angelina-dumped-brad-after-private-eye-uncovered-marion-cotillard-affair/  
  • In other celebrity gossip let's talk Brittney Spears AW video of her dancing to Me Too. We get it. You've lost the weight. Stop trying so damn hard. 
  • i guess I missed that one @kimmiinthemitten.  Is it even worth watching?

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2016
    Thin about the lives that show business people live:

They never have a stable income.
    They are often separated due to work schedules.  (On the road, on tour, filming overseas, etc.)
    The nature of their work focuses on their personal talent and attractiveness.
    If successful, they are subject to huge media speculation and rumor.
    They have no privacy in their lives.
    If they are successful, they must employ bodyguards to keep themselves from being mobbed by fans.
    When dating, people are attracted by what they are, not who they are.
    If they are intimate with someone, there is always the fear that they will read about it in The National Enquirer the following week.

Not very many of us could survive these conditions.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • lyndausvi said:
    i guess I missed that one @kimmiinthemitten.  Is it even worth watching?
    No it's a short clip of her in very little clothing and dancing very quickly. It's like one of her photoshopped bikini Instagrams came to life to do a "I told you so" dance.
  • MobKaz said:
    I don't really follow this type of stuff, but if this article is true, Karma is definitely a bitch.  While on the set of a new movie, Brad cheated on wife #2  with his co-star?  Deja vu?
    http://pagesix.com/2016/09/20/angelina-dumped-brad-after-private-eye-uncovered-marion-cotillard-affair/  

Well, he definitely has a type.
  • H and I were an "affair" (I guess). Ten years later I'd put us on the "made it" category. Or well on our way.

I'm probably getting old and I'm all "get off my lawn" but I couldn't give less of a shit. About them, about any famous person's private life, I guess. Another day, another divorce. BFD.

I'm going to come sit on your lawn with you because I also don't care. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards