Wedding Woes

TGIW

Crossing all crossables for an easy day.  Errands at lunch, swim after work, then home, dinner, baths, and everyone off to bed.  We are probably about 90% packed, so I'll just finish that up and plop down with Mr. Heff for the final episode of Stranger Things. 

Looking forward to the trip.  It will be good to see everyone.  Looking forward to taking the kids to the museums and stuff, too.  Wooz is psyched about her first pair of heels, though they're all of about 1/2".  :) 

Re: TGIW

• I'm off work and getting ready to head out shopping.  I finally changed my license to my current address and registered to vote on this side of town.  It's only been almost 2 years.  ;)  I just hate the BMV more than the dentist. 
  • @DrillSergeantCat  yay so close :)

@ShesSoCold  no laces I'm guessing is how they get by

Woke up late. Not on the fucking ball this morning, and then almost missed bus because stomach decided it hates everything. Guhh ....

Tonight is final walk through. I made a mini list of a few things I wanted to check. When we were there before they were doing some renos, so two things I need to do is check for a shower rod and closet rod.

I'd really like to know why my eyes are so damn itchy when ragweed is down. Grr!

Also, we made a decision last night to leave Angel at my mum's an extra week. Since Thanksgiving is the week after we move, we'll have her over and bring Angel also. I want more calmness in our place for him, he'll be freaked out enough as is.
  • I'm at daycare I mean work. How these people grew to be adults and tie their own shoes is amazing to me.
    This is exactly the day I'm having. Granted, I'm on day 10 of a 10 day stretch for work and I was up all night fighting with FH and I'd probably be irritated with people even if they weren't being stupid...but they are.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • they measured for granite and are painting our cabinets. hooray for starting to get our kitchen back!!! (it will probably be at least another week, but it's something.)
  • @kimmiinthemitten how are you feeling other than worried? 
    I'm pretty calm. I met with the caterer last night and she was shocked that I was being so not picky. She said she wished every bride was like me. LOL. 
    I'm pretty calm. I met with the caterer last night and she was shocked that I was being so not picky. She said she wished every bride was like me. LOL. 
    Sore!  They took the tape off of the stitches and my nerve endings are just feeling everything!  It's a very strange sensation.

I'm glad you're calm.  Yeah, there are some crazy brides/families out there.  I worked a wedding last year where I was told:
    1.  The brother of the bride will throw his plate if you bring him a salad.
    2.  The mother of the bride will be furious if her plate isn't too hot to touch.  Umm, how exactly and I supposed to bring her the scalding hot plate then?
    Sore!  They took the tape off of the stitches and my nerve endings are just feeling everything!  It's a very strange sensation.

I'm glad you're calm.  Yeah, there are some crazy brides/families out there.  I worked a wedding last year where I was told:
    2.  The mother of the bride will be furious if her plate isn't too hot to touch.  Umm, how exactly and I supposed to bring her the scalding hot plate then?
    this is gonna sound super weird, but when i was healing, probably right around 2 weeks post op when my nerve endings were reconnecting, it is the weirdest feeling. i would feel these little electric jolts every few minutes. not really painful or unmanageable, but uncomfortable and weird. i took a couple classes at community college that semester and remember hopping out of my seat a couple times!

today's fine so far - built a fundraising campaign for a local food bank today and prepping for my meeting tomorrow with the local universities pan hellenic council to set up their end of the year fundraising events. things are about to get super crazy around here and i am trying to enjoy the little amount of downtime i have at work until it's gone until the end of the year.

this weekend is my nieces 5th birthday party and while her parents prep the house DH and i offered to take her and her brother to the fall festival at an alpaca farm in town, which should be fun. the kids don't care about anything lately that isn't pokemon, so i might just tell them the alpacas are real life pokemon, but not sure which one makes sense.
  • @kimmiinthemitten  At least they know ahead of time and can keep an eye out. Always good to have extra information!
  • My day, again, is one big meeting. I have 8 minutes to eat a salad and Knot. 
  • Left the house at 715 to take 6let to the doctor, then to school, then headed to a 2 hr planning meeting. Max was in tow and thankfully so well behaved.  I've got a bunch of work work to do but that meeting left me a little spent.  

6let and m2 have soccer tonight. 
  • I was craving nachos all day yesterday so FH and I went to our local tex-mex joint last night. I was so disappointed. They layered it all wrong and all the chips were soggy by the time they reached the table. Luckily,everything else thay have is yummy so I just won't order those again.

Our fridge is still not fixed and we have no healthy food in the house so I am taking myself out to lunch. FH is the one in communication with the landlord so who knows how long this will take.

Glad you're feel alright @kimmiinthemitten
    I am excited for you @DrillSergeantCat!
  • @DrillSergeantCat  - wow.  Things are getting real ugh?     Have fun and remember "don't sweat the small stuff"

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • bleve0821bleve0821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2016
    I'm not sure if it's the stress getting to me, or if it's some kind of weird premonition, but I have had this horrible recurring dream that I can't have kids.  They started about 6 months before the wedding and have been getting more and more frequent in the last 3 months.  We haven't even had a real discussion on when we want to start TTC, but I've spent most of the week in a blind and irrational panic about my ability to conceive.  It's such a stupid thing to be worrying about now, when we have so many other things to worry about, but I can't get out of my head.

Final performance review next Wednesday (they'll give me my certification to do field work if I pass), then the house hunting trip. I don't know which stresses me out more.

@kimmiinthemitten, glad to hear your recovery is going well, and I'm sorry to hear about your added concerns.  

ETA @DrillSergeantCat, good luck with all the last minute details!  YOU GOT THIS!

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

•  Church BFF and I are doing a yard sale at church this weekend for the Children's Dept and its kicking my arthritic butt.  This about to turn 50 is no fun, I want to do stuff without pain. And every year I forget how much work a yard sale this big is, but if like last year and we profit well over $1000 I will be happy!
  • @kimmiinthemitten  oh good! at least they do it in shifts ;)
  • *Barbie* said:
    I had a DSW rewards certificate that was set to expire this weekend, so did a quick shoe shopping trip last night. Got 2 pairs - these ones were free with the certificate. 

I don't usually wear flats, but these were really comfortable.
    Jess Kluczniks portrait

OMG, I am wearing those right now, but tan.  They are comfy.
  • The refrigerator in the office had been turned off. Not broken, not unplugged, intentionally turned off. Of course no one did it, no one knows who did it and no one else noticed so I spent the last half hour cleaning up all the water everywhere.

I should need a license to take care of these people.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • The refrigerator in the office had been turned off. Not broken, not unplugged, intentionally turned off. Of course no one did it, no one knows who did it and no one else noticed so I spent the last half hour cleaning up all the water everywhere.

I should need a license to take care of these people.

Seems like nursing a hangover would be more enjoyable than work.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

There are some weddings I work that I'm like:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards