Wedding Etiquette Forum

RSVP date

Is it rude to contact people ON the RSVP date?
I didn't have mail in responses so it's not like I need to give the mail a couple of days to arrive. The only reason I ask is because I made the RSVP date on a Saturday which was probably not that well thought out. Saturday would be a very convenient day to start contacting people and I probably should have said it was Friday. 

Obviously it wont kill me to wait but just wondering if this is rude since it will make my life easier. 

Re: RSVP date

• I have no idea what the proper answer is. But from my experience, if I was comfortable calling up or texting the person to ask, I did so. A few people I even asked before the RSVP date because I was curious and was talking to them anyway. 

For other people (mainly my FI's side), I waited several days to a week before contacting them. I purposely made my RSVP date a bit early so I could give that extra time. We also did mail in RSVPs though. So your situation sounds different. 

Not a clear answer, sorry! Hope it helps though.
  • edited September 2016
    My rsvp deadline is a Saturday also. I plan on contacting people after the mail comes on Monday.

Eta: our numbers are due to the caterer the saturday following our deadline.
  • edited September 2016
    It would only be our friends or my relatives (so people I know well). FI's family friends and family either him or his mom will be contacting and I can give them the list of remaining people on Saturday evening or Sunday. 
    (I don't know if that makes a difference)
  • I think that is borderline.  What if someone put mail in the post and it's just a day late?  I would wait three days after the RSVP date and then start calling.  

• levioosa said:
    I think that is borderline.  What if someone put mail in the post and it's just a day late?  I would wait three days after the RSVP date and then start calling.  
    I didn't have any mail in rsvps. It was either website, email or phone. 
  • Ironring said:
    levioosa said:
    I think that is borderline.  What if someone put mail in the post and it's just a day late?  I would wait three days after the RSVP date and then start calling.  
    I didn't have any mail in rsvps. It was either website, email or phone. 
    My bad.  I skimmed the initial post.  Yeah, then give them the rest of the day and then start calling.  

• SaintPaulGalSaintPaulGal member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2016
    If you say "RSVP by October 1st", then give people ALL of October 1st to contact you. They aren't late until it's October 2nd. Don't call people until they are officially late.
    I agree with this.  They haven't missed the deadline until 12:01 Sunday morning.  Don't bug them until they have actually missed the deadline.
  • Agreed. Start your phone calls the next day.
  • I'd start reaching out on Sunday. Someone that you call at 1pm on Saturday very well may have been planning on RSVPing Saturday at 7pm.
  • Alright. I assumed this would be the answer. I'll wait until Sunday. I know it's not the end of the world. I just have a bunch of free time on Saturday and am stupidly anxious about some things. Oh well. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards