Wedding Etiquette Forum

NWR: Baby Shower Etiquette

13»

Re: NWR: Baby Shower Etiquette

• Really, the ' I know you are but what am I' defence? 

You keep telling yourself that you are standing up for yourself to your sil- I almost believed you. I'm sure rescheduling that lunch instead of clear and final words really had her changing her tune. I sincerely hope you rethink your approach to people, because this doormat routine must be exhausting. If you're willing to start standing up for yourself, then you genuinely deserve better. Otherwise, you can look in a mirror if you need someone to blame for situations like this. 

Meanwhile, I'll be over here NOT spending £1000 with my MIL on some selfish bint's baby shower out of crippling conflict avoidance. 
    I hate to be provincial, but in anticipation of next summer's UK trip, I am hoarding all of the British phrases and slang I stumble across.  After Googling it, this one is definitely a keeper.  (It actually replaces "bin lorry" as my #1 favorite.)
  • Heffalump said:
    Really, the ' I know you are but what am I' defence? 

You keep telling yourself that you are standing up for yourself to your sil- I almost believed you. I'm sure rescheduling that lunch instead of clear and final words really had her changing her tune. I sincerely hope you rethink your approach to people, because this doormat routine must be exhausting. If you're willing to start standing up for yourself, then you genuinely deserve better. Otherwise, you can look in a mirror if you need someone to blame for situations like this. 

Meanwhile, I'll be over here NOT spending £1000 with my MIL on some selfish bint's baby shower out of crippling conflict avoidance. 
    I hate to be provincial, but in anticipation of next summer's UK trip, I am hoarding all of the British phrases and slang I stumble across.  After Googling it, this one is definitely a keeper.  (It actually replaces "bin lorry" as my #1 favorite.)
    Wanker is a fave of mine as well.

I've been reading Elizabeth George's "Banquet of Consequences" which is part of a murder mystery series that features New Scotland Yard detectives, and it's making me crave a proper English breakfast and fish and chips with malt vinegar.

There's a bunch of other dishes mentioned that I'm not sure what they are exactly, but they sound really good. . . I have refrained from Googling them because craving the above is enough for me, lol!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards