Wedding Woes

Do call back wrong numbers?

2»

Re: Do call back wrong numbers?

• I had a wrong number text this weekend. It read, "I am mad." I responded, "I'm sorry to hear that. Who is this?" I haven't heard back. I googled the number and we have a mutual friend in common, but it must have been a transposition on their part.
    I texted this exact phrase to FSIL last week and she didn't reply. But no response from you either. ;)
    The weird thing is, when I looked up the number on facebook, we have a friend in common. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    I have called people back or text to tell them it's the wrong number.  

For the last 4 years, about once a quarter DH gets a collect call from Angola Prison in Louisiana.   He doesn't answer, but thinks it's funny.  He even added them as a contact.  It's something like "LA Prison system - do not answer".     

DH gets another wrong number pretty regularly.   He added them as a contact "Looking for Bob".   He never answers it either.

DH has some creative contacts.  I'm  "The Wife".   One co-worker's contact was "it's raining and Sails is busy, need help NOW".   Sails was one if his restaurants and this person only called when it was raining and cried wolf that she was slammed.  Most of the time she wasn't.
    Ooh, now that you mention this, I do remember getting a call like this twice. A year or so ago, about 3 days apart, I got two identical calls from a prison in the city we used to live in. The message was a recording but had the woman's name in it. I don't recognize the name and don't know anyone who'd be in prison there. I declined the call both times. It was a recording so no real way to say, hey wrong number, unless I give the prison itself a call, and I doubt they'd go out of their way to find the woman and tell her. It hasn't happened since. 
  • levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2016
    Oh, I forgot about when I got my cellphone.  I had just gotten my phone, and I would get these texts and calls.  

"Where are you?"

"I know you're there.  You need to answer me."

"You can't leave me like this."

One time I answered and told the guy it was a new phone and the woman who owned the number previously no longer had it.  He called me a lying bitch and told me I was covering for her.  He demanded to know where she was.  I never answered a phone call from that number again, and I was chilled to think of the poor woman trying to get away from what was obviously an abusive stalker ex type situation.  I really hope she is okay.  I still think about it, and it happened over ten years ago. 

• lyndausvi said:
    I have called people back or text to tell them it's the wrong number.  

For the last 4 years, about once a quarter DH gets a collect call from Angola Prison in Louisiana.   He doesn't answer, but thinks it's funny.  He even added them as a contact.  It's something like "LA Prison system - do not answer".     

DH gets another wrong number pretty regularly.   He added them as a contact "Looking for Bob".   He never answers it either.

DH has some creative contacts.  I'm  "The Wife".   One co-worker's contact was "it's raining and Sails is busy, need help NOW".   Sails was one if his restaurants and this person only called when it was raining and cried wolf that she was slammed.  Most of the time she wasn't.
    Ooh, now that you mention this, I do remember getting a call like this twice. A year or so ago, about 3 days apart, I got two identical calls from a prison in the city we used to live in. The message was a recording but had the woman's name in it. I don't recognize the name and don't know anyone who'd be in prison there. I declined the call both times. It was a recording so no real way to say, hey wrong number, unless I give the prison itself a call, and I doubt they'd go out of their way to find the woman and tell her. It hasn't happened since. 

Actually, I'm sure none of these "prison calls" were wrong numbers per se.  It's not unusual for prisoners to dial random numbers in their area code in the hopes of having someone accept the charges.  Then they can try and get someone new to chit chat with them.

I've gotten phone calls like that occasionally on business lines for various places I have worked.

What bored people do who have a lot of time on their hands.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards