Wedding Woes

FRIDAY!

2»

Re: FRIDAY!

• mrsconn23 said:
    I set a goal in April to lose 20lbs and just have more stamina for activity by the time we left for Hawaii. 

I hit it today...A week early.  :D I'm fucking proud of myself.  I feel the best I've felt since I was pregnant. 

Congrats!!! That's fantastic!!!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • mrsconn23 said:
    I set a goal in April to lose 20lbs and just have more stamina for activity by the time we left for Hawaii. 

I hit it today...A week early.  :D I'm fucking proud of myself.  I feel the best I've felt since I was pregnant. 

Congrats!!! That's fantastic!!!
    That's awesome.

I'm down 24 pounds right now.  If feels great.   Might even get one last 14er in before it started getting really cold.

Now I just need to maintain, as I'm at my perceived ideal weight.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • If anyone knows how it feels to be the worst team in the league it's Bills fans, so I'm on @ShesSoCold's side. Although I doubt anyone else here (except maybe a Brown's fan @AtomicBlonde) knows what it feels like to have a 16 year playoff drought. 
    Browns fan here. Anytime we're near the playoffs, we choke.

My Indians clinched the AL Central title, though.
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2016
    My DH is a Jets' fan.  My Eagles are not much better.

I'm not sure what's worse, never getting to the playoffs or choking every time you do?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    My DH is a Jets' fan.  My Eagles are not much better.

I'm not sure what's worse, never getting to the playoffs or choking every time you do?

IMO, choking. At least you can say, "Welp, at least we got to the playoffs" at the end of the year.

Jets fans better be happy that our front office blows ass and we didn't even give Forte an offer even though we STILL have enough cap space for him. But I'm not salty or anything...

I can't even say, "Welp, we were better than the Lions" lately. :P

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • We're putting an offer in on a house.  The one that prompted DH to get snippy with me for asking to see yesterday. I've got the weird panicky flutters in my chest about it. I want this house. It's the only one that feels like home. It's been on the market for a week and I'm really afraid someone has put an offer in while I consented to look at other box neighborhood homes a little more central to our chosen area.  We will see what our realtor says.

I'm a Browns "enthusiast." DH is the Browns fan. But I can't exactly write home about the Saints. They're... Just making me sad.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I got called a snooty assed bitch who should shove a rusty pole up my ass because I said that being bullied and molested as a child is not a valid excuse for raping a 6 year old child today. 
  • edited September 2016
    I got called a snooty assed bitch who should shove a rusty pole up my ass because I said that being bullied and molested as a child is not a valid excuse for raping a 6 year old child today. 
    WTF??????!!!!!!!! There is no valid excuse for hurting a child! 
  • I got called a snooty assed bitch who should shove a rusty pole up my ass because I said that being bullied and molested as a child is not a valid excuse for raping a 6 year old child today. 
    WTF??????!!!!!!!! There is no valid excuse for hurting a child! 
    I'm choosing to take it as a compliment. I think the part that pissed her off was me saying that giving these people excuses is what creates the Brock Turner's of the world.
  • crowsgirl15crowsgirl15 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2016
    @crowsgirl15 how did your meeting go yesterday?

Today is month end. I did some of the work yesterday so today shouldn't be too bad. I've got some really old invoices I need to get with some customers on. 

I sent an email to the caterer about her overcharging us and still haven't heard back from her. I'm going to go see her after work if I don't get a response today. 

We are planning on taking the dog to the dog park this weekend and I need to go to the grocery store. Other than that, we're doing nothing!
    It was uncomfortable, but I think ok in the long run. I basically said "This isn't going to happen again. And the way I'm going to prove that is by it never happening again." 

I also need to set some boundaries and give myself a hard and fast bedtime (i.e. let my boss know I won't be answering the phone after 10pm when I need to be in the office at 5am), so I can make sure that I don't put myself in this position again. But I'll do that next week. For now, I'll just stay as contrite as humanly possible.

Thank you so much for thinking of me <3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards