New York-Long Island

Is 50 ppl for $10K dec 2010 possible? Need ideas

I live in Texas but all my family's in NY. We want to do a Dec 11 wedding for about 50 people on a budget of $10K in NY. Is this possible to accomplish this including photographer, video, food, drinks, dj, flowers, etc? I am not picky about flowers or centerpieces and fine with a cocktail party type of reception and even scaling down to wine & beer if necessary. Also want a cucpake tower as a birthday cake vs a wedding cake. (It's also my 40th birthday!)

Can anyone recommend venues and/or vendors? Thanks!

Re: Is 50 ppl for $10K dec 2010 possible? Need ideas

• edited December 2011
    The Brentwood Country Club does a package for 10K I believe for 100 people... maybe they could give you a better deal on 50 if that's all your looking for.  Their package includes cocktail hour, DJ, photographer, and flowers I believe.   My FSIL and FBIL got married there and have nothing but good things to say.  One of the weddings was in Early January and all the holiday decorations were still up.  The pictures came out nice with them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    absolutely... there are plenty of places that will do that. try the fox hollow or thatched cottage
  • edited December 2011
    or try the mediteranian manor on main street in patchogue. or the pine grove off main street in patchogue.
  • brideinsatbrideinsat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone. I am hitting the phones!!
  • brideinsatbrideinsat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So Thatched Cottage, Brentwood CC, Stewart Manor, Fox Hollow all great prices but all booked that night............I found a place available in Sea Cliff, but they can't start till 7:30 and the church ceremony is at 1:30 in Queens. Any ideas?

• edited December 2011
    Cheatu la mer in lindenhurst? venetian yacht club in babylon? Timber point country club in islip? the Holiday Inn in Hauppauge? call the Millridge Inn, they may be able to do something small too. keep us posted. I can do some research if you need more  suggestions. I work in nassau country so I have some good resources. How about Cafe on the Green? I think it's the whitestone/bayside area of queens.
  • dagrodagro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is possible.  You should also look into restaurants.  I know Honu in Huntington, and Two in New Hyde Park hold smaller weddings.  Both are great, and should be in your budget.
  • KatiNoEKatiNoE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the George Washington Manor. I know they do smaller weddings and I've heard it's gorgeous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards