Chit Chat
Options

Postseason baseball!

Anyone else watching? 

Go Tribe! 

Re: Postseason baseball!

• Options
    I'm pacing around the living room watching my Mets and the Giants. No score in the 8th..I knew it was going to be a pitchers' duel but I can't even sit down  :o
  • Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2016
    I'm not watching.

However, I am watching HH - international for some reason. I found out in Italy, unfurnished means you need to provide the kitchen too.  Cabinets, counters, appliances, etc.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I was so excited the Jays won! However, I suspect that's where the fun stops because I guarantee there's bad blood between the Jays and Rangers after the spring series.
  • Options
    cupcait927cupcait927 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2016
    Not thrilled at all that the Blue Jays won. The Orioles are only slightly more tolerable but still better than the Jays. It doesn't matter anyway because I'm a Yankees fan and we couldn't keep it together at the end of the season to even get into the wild card game. H is also a Yankees fan but his backup team is the Giants so he's happy. I'll be rooting for the Cubs. 
  • Options
    Watched the Giants/Mets last night. Despite being scoreless for 8 innings, it was a little intense. Gillaspie's hit came as a surprise, I don't even know who the kid is. It was funny how the crowd got silent so fast. Go Giants!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    The Indians are up by two games! So excited!
  • Options
    I'll be watching the cubs/giants game tonight, but won't be up for all of it, unfortunately.  

• Options
    I watched the Jays/Rangers last night.

I definitely jump on the bandwagon ;). Good game though!
  • Options
    SP29 said:
    I watched the Jays/Rangers last night.

I definitely jump on the bandwagon ;). Good game though!
    I'm ok with bandwagons as long as someone is cheering with me.
  • Options
    It's a sweep! Sorry RedSox fans!
  • Options
    So who's excited for the World Series?????? 
  • Options
    It's just a tad insane here at the moment!  An hour after the game and I don't think one fan has left Wrigley yet.  And the streets outside remained filled the entire game!
    http://fansided.com/2016/10/22/chicago-cubs-fans-sing-go-cubs-go-clinching-national-league-pennant-video/
  • Options
    Unless there's a strong rivalry, I usually go for the NL over AL...no exception this year, I want the Cubs to win, but it's partially so I can stop hearing about how long it's been.  I totally get the allure of a team going for it for the first time in over a century, but fans of lots of franchises haven't experienced their team winning in their lifetime.  The stories about the 105-year-old superfans are adorable, but status updates from my 20- and 30-something friends with the "finally our turn!" I'm kind of like "yeah join the club"   :D but good luck Chicago!
  • Options
    eileenrob said:
    Unless there's a strong rivalry, I usually go for the NL over AL...no exception this year, I want the Cubs to win, but it's partially so I can stop hearing about how long it's been.  I totally get the allure of a team going for it for the first time in over a century, but fans of lots of franchises haven't experienced their team winning in their lifetime.  The stories about the 105-year-old superfans are adorable, but status updates from my 20- and 30-something friends with the "finally our turn!" I'm kind of like "yeah join the club"   :D but good luck Chicago!
    Unless you live here its hard to understand, Chicago is a Cubs town. Its cult-like. There is an entire neighborhood built around the field. Yes, we have other teams, some of which are actually good. But we have been the laughing stock of baseball for decades. I think 3 decades of loosing gives us a reason to grumble. To be a real, true Cubs fan is hard; no matter whether its been for 25 years or 105 years. 

A little trivia for you: The cubs haven't won the World Series 108 years, and havent even made it to the World Series in 71 years. But the second longest drought in baseball is held by the Indians, who last won the WS in 1948. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KatWAG said:
    eileenrob said:
    Unless you live here its hard to understand, Chicago is a Cubs town. Its cult-like. There is an entire neighborhood built around the field. Yes, we have other teams, some of which are actually good. But we have been the laughing stock of baseball for decades. I think 3 decades of loosing gives us a reason to grumble. To be a real, true Cubs fan is hard; no matter whether its been for 25 years or 105 years. 

A little trivia for you: The cubs haven't won the World Series 108 years, and havent even made it to the World Series in 71 years. But the second longest drought in baseball is held by the Indians, who last won the WS in 1948. 
    That's my point, is the 70-year-old diehard Indians fan less desperate for their team to win than the 70-year-old Cubs fan?  Would the 40-yr-old Mariners fan not love to win the WS as much as the 40-yr-old Cubs fan?  The 20-yr-old Rockies fan vs the 20-yr-old Cubs fan...etc with plenty of teams.  A real, true fan of any team that hasn't won in a while has it tough.
    And the Cubs aren't a laughingstock.  Regardless of their record, they're one of the marquee teams in the sport, thanks to gorgeous Wrigley (and I guess the drought too)...like when sites sell jerseys/posters/diaper bags, the Cubs are one of the teams (along with the Yankees, Red Sox, Giants, Dodgers, and Cardinals) that are always represented. 
    And most of my Chicago-area friends are Cubs fans (a couple are White Sox fans and we relate to each other well, being the second-place team in your own city sucks...I'm a Mets fan among lots of Yankees fans) and do also say that Chicago is Cubs town.  So I can only imagine the atmosphere right now.  My opinion that a true fan of any team that hasn't won in their lifetime has it tough doesn't take away my hope that the Cubs win, so best of luck! 
  • Options
    KatWAG said:
    eileenrob said:

I grew up in So. CA, but one of my HS friends was born in and had a lot of family in Chicago.  She was a huge Cubs fan.

We were out walking around the mall one day and she was wearing a Cubs hat.  A guy walked up to her and said something like, "Oh, you're a Cubs fan?"  She responded, "Yeah!  I'm a die-hard Cubs fan!"  His response, "You'd have to be."  But it wasn't said mean.  We all had a good laugh.  That was 20ish years ago. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KatWAG said:
    eileenrob said:

Up until a few years ago, my BIL lived on Cornelia.  Sure wish he was still there! 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rls-KYnI6XM&app=desktop
  • Options
    MobKaz said:
    KatWAG said:
    eileenrob said:

Up until a few years ago, my BIL lived on Cornelia.  Sure wish he was still there! 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rls-KYnI6XM&app=desktop
    I lived on cornelia and LSD for years!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    eileenrob said:
    KatWAG said:
    eileenrob said:

That's my point, is the 70-year-old diehard Indians fan less desperate for their team to win than the 70-year-old Cubs fan?  Would the 40-yr-old Mariners fan not love to win the WS as much as the 40-yr-old Cubs fan?  The 20-yr-old Rockies fan vs the 20-yr-old Cubs fan...etc with plenty of teams.  A real, true fan of any team that hasn't won in a while has it tough.
    And the Cubs aren't a laughingstock.  Regardless of their record, they're one of the marquee teams in the sport, thanks to gorgeous Wrigley (and I guess the drought too)...like when sites sell jerseys/posters/diaper bags, the Cubs are one of the teams (along with the Yankees, Red Sox, Giants, Dodgers, and Cardinals) that are always represented. 
    And most of my Chicago-area friends are Cubs fans (a couple are White Sox fans and we relate to each other well, being the second-place team in your own city sucks...I'm a Mets fan among lots of Yankees fans) and do also say that Chicago is Cubs town.  So I can only imagine the atmosphere right now.  My opinion that a true fan of any team that hasn't won in their lifetime has it tough doesn't take away my hope that the Cubs win, so best of luck! 
    Yes, they are less desperate. Because the Indians fans have won the WS in the last 70 years, where the Cubs have not. So we have 40 ish more years of pent up desperation.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I don't really follow baseball but, if I'm understanding everything correctly, are the Cubs and the Indians, the two teams that have the longest record in baseball for not winning a World Series?

I could see where that does make the current World Series an especially fun and exciting one.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I don't really follow baseball but, if I'm understanding everything correctly, are the Cubs and the Indians, the two teams that have the longest record in baseball for not winning a World Series?

I could see where that does make the current World Series an especially fun and exciting one.

You are correct!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards