Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Best foundation for wedding day

Hi Everyone! I am getting married in a somewhat remote location where the makeup artists that I've looked at seem a decade or so behind on the trends. I feel quite confident in my own makeup skills and so I plan to do my own makeup for my wedding. I'm looking for recommendations of foundations that worked well and lasted all day. What did you use for your wedding day? Or what did your makeup artist use for your wedding day and/or trial run? 

If it's helpful, I have medium-olive skin (I am mostly Italian). I am also getting married late summer so I will be a little more tan than my average year-round skin tone. I also tend to get a little oily so oil-free or mattifying recommendations would be awesome! 

Re: Best foundation for wedding day

• I highly suggest going in somewhere like Sephora and discussing with them what you need.  The key is less in the actual foundation and more in the other finishing products that you use - I find a nice translucent powder sets my foundation for extended periods.  I've also had luck with Urban Decay's oil control, make-up setting spray (in Paris during a humid August).  Both were recommended by Sephora girls.  Because they work for the store and not one particular company (like at a department store) they are familiar with a bunch of different products and will mix and match so you get what you need.
  • Definitely go to Sephora, and if possible get samples, or get a trial done there with the products you are looking at.  Then go about your day, or do something slightly physically exerting so you can see how the makeup holds up before you buy it.  I really like my routine, but I was in a wedding once where they used Makeup HD for the foundation, which is supposed to be long lasting and good for photos.  My skin did not like it.  I broke out, and I looked super greasy (I'm sure the weather didn't help much either).

I've had great success with Urban Decay Pore Perfecting Primer, and the Anti-aging eye primer, Naked Palates, and the All Nighter Setting Spray.  I use Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder.  Right now I'm using Tarte's Rainforest of the Sea foundation, but that's mainly because Maybelline stopped making my foundation. Oh, and the Dior Eyelash Primer is fantastic, if you can get a sample or use your points to get it at Sephora. 

• I'm looking into this now. I heard "Make up for ever ultra HD" was made for photo's and HD moments like weddings.  I've been looking at youtube reviews. LOL. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards