Getting in Shape

lower tummy tighting

Hi!
I have a lost a few pounds and tried my dress which now fits great at the top but looks not so great in the lower tummy. I will be wearing a shaper, but wanted to know if anyone knows of any great lower tummy exercises that can be done at home that will help. I only have a month!

Re: lower tummy tighting

• Leg lifts! These burn but they work. Lay down with your arms at your sides or under you, keep your legs straight and keep them off the ground 6in throughout the exercise. Lift your legs to the air and bring them back down, don't let your legs hit the ground. Repeat 10-20 times per set

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In order to lose fat in your stomach you need to lose weight all over. You cannot spot reduce - as in, tummy exercises will make your tummy stronger but they will not make it smaller. 
  • In order to lose fat in your stomach you need to lose weight all over. You cannot spot reduce - as in, tummy exercises will make your tummy stronger but they will not make it smaller. 
    This. You can't really spot reduce. Try any exercises that are meant to strengthen your core. Also, look for ab exercises that use weight. That will help to tone. 
    This. You can't really spot reduce. Try any exercises that are meant to strengthen your core. Also, look for ab exercises that use weight. That will help to tone. 
    Agreed. You can't spot treat. But you can increase the strength and endurance of those muscles. Though strength is great for weight loss- so you go girl! But don't forget about everything else.

Planks, glute bridges, squats, lunges, push ups, donkey kicks, dead bugs, supermans are all great exercises that target multiple muscles while requiring good core control to complete them well. Focus on form and then add weight.
  • Squats - Deadlifts...  You can't have a strong squat without having a strong "core".  And deadlifts - they just cure all of the world's problems.  Really - with a month, unless you're in super lean shape to begin with, you aren't going to get a ton of progress in that short of a timespan without some pretty intense work with a Bodybuilding type trainer, and even then...
  • Yes to everything above.  And while I don't want to be the downer, remember that a lot of the lower abs 'pudge' can actually be your uterus sitting there, giving most women a little more in that area

• I would recommend using the myfitnesspal app and weighing your food and a bit of excersize. That was worked for me in the past
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards