Wedding Woes

UGH at this whole world

So I put on my workout gear and got cat called in the parking lot for my trouble. I am so tired of this, y'all. He was young, but old enough to drive, and thus way past old enough to know better.

I was like "NO" and went off on him, Julia Sugarbaker style. I don't even know what all I said, something about keeping his comments about women's bodies to himself and how inappropriate it is to make those kinds of comments to strangers. His friend had the good sense to tell him to shut up, but of course he decided to tell me to fuck off instead. I told him he should take his friend's advice, and Friend said, "Oh, he's not my friend!"

Then a guy came walking out to his car, also from the Y, from the looks of things, so the other two guys left. I'm half afraid I'll find my car keyed when I'm done, but I'm sick of it, y'all. So sick and tired of it.

Re: UGH at this whole world

• Yeah it's funny how these guys always think they are the good guys. All these uptight bitches should just calm down and enjoy their attention.  :|

• Sorry to hear that you ran into a jerk...but so glad that you said something to put him in his place.  I can only hope that it makes him think about what he is doing and how it makes others feel.

Sometimes I wish I could just smack these people...but I don't think that would really solve anything.

• This all started after I got out of my car, so I had the sun shade up already.  (I'm in the south, and it's supposed to be 84 and sunny today.)  So after my workout, I was walking back and was like "Did I remember to lock the car?"  So then I was paranoid that I didn't lock the car and the guy was going to be hiding in the back seat or something, and I couldn't see in because of the sun shade.  I opened the trunk first and peeked in through there to make sure everything was cool.  (It's an Outback, so the back-back is pretty roomy--I actually crawled in and looked over the seats.)

It was at least encouraging that the guy with him told him to shut up.  I realized in retrospect that me vs. two young guys maybe wasn't extra-smart, but it was broad daylight in a pretty busy area.  And he didn't look dangerous, just stupid.  I really do hope he thinks twice before he comments on someone else's ass, but maybe that's overly optimistic.

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2016
    UGH! is right!  Dear god, what a moron.  We do not have to shut up and take it, fuckers.  

I was cat-called in the grocery store parking lot last year.  I told the guy he was being 'fucking inappropriate'.   There were enough people around that I felt 'safe' telling him off. 

A few months ago, I had to park down the street from a restaurant where I was meeting my sister and some friends.  I got hit in 3 or 4 times walking down the street and ignored them all, because I was terrified of being volatile and them reacting since I had no defenses/witnesses.  Plus one guy had a dog, which made me more edgy. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards