Wedding Woes

This morning is bullshit

2»

Re: This morning is bullshit

• *Barbie* said:
    @OurWildKingdom - you should have called to have the neighbor's car towed. there's no reason for them to be blocking a driveway. 

I would have done the same.  Lyft and busses are money out of your pocket! Make them pay!
    This!   I'm not spending my money because you fail to understand the concept of what you can legally do.

Sorrynotsorry.
  • 6fsn said:
    I don't have a primary care physician because I don't get sick that often and when I do, I don't want to have to wait a week to get in to see someone. I'm having extreme pelvic pain and my OB just told me that she can't do anything and I'll need to see my PCP. I'm already seeing the OB and the perinatologist. Now I'm supposed to add another doctor and possibly a physical therapist. I'll just suffer through the next 4 months like I did last time. UGH!! My day was going decently until that phone call.
    Pretty much every practice I've been in holds sick day appointments. I'm sure you can find a pcp that does this, but sadly they probably won't get you in for a first appointment right away. Mine also does my yearly physical and paps when necessary. 

I am am shocked the ob referred you out though. Mine always said to see them first. 
    The last one I had would have at least a week's wait for an appointment. I have an appointment with the perinatologist tomorrow so I'll ask him for help. I need someone to understand that I can't fucking walk and I need help. 
  • Sorry I haven't been able to pop back on since this morning.

Seems like everyone is having a rough day. All 3 of us in the office are sick in different ways. One is getting over bronchitis and losing her voice, other has bad migraine from being sick yesterday, and I have a damn sinus cold.
    Basically we're all brain dead. lol

I was initially sweating bullets a little bit, hoping he wasn't coming to "talk to me" about my extended personal phone call with the Costco jerks.  I have a voice that carries, so I try to almost whisper when I am on the phone, but we aren't allowed to close our office doors, so there is only so much I can do.  At least it wasn't that!  Phew.

What sort of fresh Hell is that?
    What the hell sort of point is there to an actual office (as opposed to the open office bullshit) if you can't close the damn doors when you need to?
  • I don't have a primary care physician because I don't get sick that often and when I do, I don't want to have to wait a week to get in to see someone. I'm having extreme pelvic pain and my OB just told me that she can't do anything and I'll need to see my PCP. I'm already seeing the OB and the perinatologist. Now I'm supposed to add another doctor and possibly a physical therapist. I'll just suffer through the next 4 months like I did last time. UGH!! My day was going decently until that phone call.
    This is odd to me--it's 100% the opposite of everything I dealt w/ throughout pregnancy--every doctor refused to sign off on anything and told my OB to write the scripts
  • Sorry everyone is having a bad day.

My day is just neutral.    When we moved last week DH wanted to switch sides of the bed.  Last night coming home from surgery (and while he was still out-of-it from the anesthesia) I talked him into switching back.    I had a much better  sleep than in the last week. Not the best,  because DH kept waking me up to tell me he was up, but better than other nights.

Today consisted of me getting pain meds for DH, picking up our curtains that needed hemming and  me finally finishing up the top floor of the old townhouse (2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a laundry room). I also did some of the main floor.   

When I got back from the old place I found DH (less than 24 post-surgery mind you) cleaning the main level floors.  He had also hung up a vintage window sash/mirror we had ordered (it came while I was gone) and hung up a few other things.  I guess the pain meds are working :)

On another random note - this place has so many different sounds than the last place.  They are only a parking lot apart and built by the same people.  Granted we face west now and not east, but still.   It's really noticeable.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I should clarify that we share a house; these folks are on the first floor, we're on the second and third floors. So the driveway is theirs too.
  • is it just me or did Rory definitely sound/look older. Which I know makes sense but it took me back for a minute. Lorelei looks exactly the same, I'd love to age like her!
  • kvruns said:
    is it just me or did Rory definitely sound/look older. Which I know makes sense but it took me back for a minute. Lorelei looks exactly the same, I'd love to age like her!
    I definitely felt the same way. Emily looked and sounded exactly the same way too, that woman does not age. I can't wait to watch them all. My sisters in law and I are planning a watch party with all the Gilmore favorite foods (coffee, red vines, Chinese). 
  • GBCK said:
    This is odd to me--it's 100% the opposite of everything I dealt w/ throughout pregnancy--every doctor refused to sign off on anything and told my OB to write the scripts
    Right. I have a feeling that if I went to a family practitioner for this, they'd refer me right back. I'm really hoping the perinatologist will help me.
  • kvruns said:
    is it just me or did Rory definitely sound/look older. Which I know makes sense but it took me back for a minute. Lorelei looks exactly the same, I'd love to age like her!
    I know, and she's 49 playing someone who is supposed to be 48, right? so....like, she's not even playing anyone not of her age.  She looks amazing. 

• GBCK said:

I was initially sweating bullets a little bit, hoping he wasn't coming to "talk to me" about my extended personal phone call with the Costco jerks.  I have a voice that carries, so I try to almost whisper when I am on the phone, but we aren't allowed to close our office doors, so there is only so much I can do.  At least it wasn't that!  Phew.

What sort of fresh Hell is that?
    What the hell sort of point is there to an actual office (as opposed to the open office bullshit) if you can't close the damn doors when you need to?

Who knows!  I think they just want everyone available at all times or want to make sure people are working and not goofing off.

The majority of the time it is a non-issue.  Its just when I'm going to have a phone conversation for more than a few minutes, I would like to be courteous and do what I can to block the sound of my voice from carrying down the halls.  I briefly worked in one of the cubes here.  An office, even with an open door, is 100x better.

It's not some written down policy or anything.  But shortly after I started here, a coworker had closed her office door for some reason.  The big boss screamed at her that she can't close her door.  Then he did a general scream down the hall for all of us little bunnies pretending not to be listening that was something like, "Everyone, office doors are to be kept open."

I know I'm making him sound like a jerk.  He normally isn't.  A bit stern and brusque, but fair and is a good manager.  However, he does occasionally have a temper.  It never been directed at me and I definitely cross my fingers it never is!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards