Attire & Accessories Forum

MuMu Bridesmaids: Overdone, too boho?

Hi! I've been to about 4 weddings recently that have done Show Me Your Mumu dresses, and I was considering them for my wedding. Is it getting too overdone? I don't want to be unoriginal but I love two fabrics that they have.
Also, I'm worried about it being too "Boho" when my "theme" is southern classy. 
Thanks!

Re: MuMu Bridesmaids: Overdone, too boho?

• Hi! I've been to about 4 weddings recently that have done Show Me Your Mumu dresses, and I was considering them for my wedding. Is it getting too overdone? I don't want to be unoriginal but I love two fabrics that they have.
    Also, I'm worried about it being too "Boho" when my "theme" is southern classy. 
    Thanks!

Literally nothing about a wedding is unique, so I wouldn't worry about "overdone." I have never seen those dresses or heard of that site before, so there's that. "Southern classy" is also going to widely vary in people's interpretation, but there's nothing about most of those dresses that is trashy.

If they're in the budget range you privately asked each of your bridesmaids for, and you think each of them can find a style they'd be comfortable wearing, go for it. Those should be your main considerations.
  • When I think of "southern classy" I think preppy, seersucker, gloves, tailored, hats, pastels. No where in any of that would the word "boho" come up.

If you skip the trendy, typical flower crown, the mumu looks way less boho, but I still wouldn't consider it "southern classy". Also, I think that type of dress looks SUPER dated in photos. 

If you want southern classy, what about something like:
    Image result for southern preppy
    Image result for southern bridesmaid
    Image result for southern bridesmaid dress
    *********************************************************************************

• Literally nothing about a wedding is unique, so I wouldn't worry about "overdone." I have never seen those dresses or heard of that site before, so there's that. "Southern classy" is also going to widely vary in people's interpretation, but there's nothing about most of those dresses that is trashy.

If they're in the budget range you privately asked each of your bridesmaids for, and you think each of them can find a style they'd be comfortable wearing, go for it. Those should be your main considerations.

This^^

I have no idea what "Southern Classy" would be.  I am not personally a fan of those dresses at all, but I don't have the body type that looks good in such an unstructured dress like those MuMu's. As long as the BMs can all afford it and are comfortable wearing them, you're good to go!

• My SIL wanted to use Show Me You MuMu dresses and one problem we ran into was the availability of sizes. Also, be aware that any returns must be made within 14 days, so if you change your mind or a dress doesn't fit properly there isn't a ton of time to return. There also aren't exchanges, you'd have to return and repurchase, and returns can take up to 3 weeks, so if you can't front the money for a second purchase, this might be an issue. 

But if the style and sizes work for your bridesmaids I wouldn't worry about the dresses being "overdone".
  • I've never seen these dresses before, so I don't think they're overdone.

They're nice dresses, but from what I saw on the first page of dresses, more casual, and yes, boho. I'm not seeing "Southern Classy". Southern Classy to me is something like a day at the Kentucky Derby.

However, if they are what you want, and your BMs would be comfortable wearing these dresses (I agree that they are not a universally flattering style- so be careful there- I imagine they'll either look great or NOT), and they are in the budget, go for it.
  • I had to google Mumu dresses I've never heard of them, so I don't think they're overdone.  (Being original and unique, if that's important to you, would probably more be like not having BMs at all.)  The least expensive BM dress I saw was $92, so as long as that isn't higher than any of your BM's budgets (which you'll have to find out, privately, before you select a dress), go ahead.  But ditto PP concerns about limited sizes and short return window.
  • Ditto PPs. I have never heard of the company before. As long as your bridesmaids are comfortable in them and they're within the budget, then fine. 

That said, nothing about those dresses says southern or classy to me. They definitely look boho. Nothing wrong with that, just that I don't think they go with your theme (not that they necessarily have to). 
  • If I knew what your dress looked like, or what your other wedding details look like, I could give you some advice. I had no clue what those dresses were, so I also googled them. I think they are awesome. I wouldn't be able to use them if I had bridesmaids, because there's no way they would go with my gown. 
  • msuprincess04msuprincess04 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2016

Vendor @knotporscha

ETA: vendor post removed

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • @msuprincess04 - who are you reporting as a vendor?
    *********************************************************************************

• @msuprincess04 - who are you reporting as a vendor?

The post has already been removed.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"