Chit Chat

Favorite cookie recipes?

A friend of FW's and mine lost his partner a few days ago, and I promised to bake for the dinner after the memorial service on Saturday. I need something other than my standard recipes. Any suggestions?

Re: Favorite cookie recipes?

• edited October 2016
    This is simple but the most delicious chocolate chip cookie I've ever had:

http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2013/05/13/chewy-chocolate-chunk-cookies/

Im so sorry for your loss
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Sorry for your loss.  The pan cookie variation of the chocolate chip cookie recipe on the back of the nestle toll house chip bag has become something that family expects of me at parties now, they're that yummy.  I just adjust the sugar ratio to 1 cup brown sugar- half cup white sugar, and I add chopped walnuts with the chips.  Looks like a brownie, tastes like a cookie :) 
  • eileenrob said:
    Sorry for your loss.  The pan cookie variation of the chocolate chip cookie recipe on the back of the nestle toll house chip bag has become something that family expects of me at parties now, they're that yummy.  I just adjust the sugar ratio to 1 cup brown sugar- half cup white sugar, and I add chopped walnuts with the chips.  Looks like a brownie, tastes like a cookie :) 

I make those twice a month for H. He loves them!

@Ourwildkingdom I'm sorry for your loss. I've been using this cookie recipe list for years - I know it says Christmas but they're not all gingerbread and peppermint. I've made several from this list and I LOVE the pistachio pudding, maple glazed oatmeal and apple pie snickerdoodles.

http://chocolatechocolateandmore.com/50-christmas-cookies/

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • edited October 2016
    Those recipes look delicious, @ShesSoCold! Definitely going to try at least one or two.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards