Wedding Etiquette Forum

Calling for opinions on STD wording

2»

Re: Calling for opinions on STD wording

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2016
    Much better!  I still think you could put last names under the faces without spoiling the design.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I think last names are good to include if you're inviting people who may not instantly know who you are (parents' friends, distant relatives, etc). We included our last names because I used my full first name (most people know me by my nickname) to avoid confusion.
    This.  My mom got an invitation for a baby shower and had no idea who the people were (first names only, and not particularly common names).  She figured out later that it was for her niece's husband's adult daughter, who she's  met a few times but doesn't know well.

• Love the redesign. 

I think its a know your crowd thing with last names. Are these postcards or going in envelopes? You can always have your last names on the return address. 
  • Redesign = way better.  I agree that the last name debate isn't that serious because it all depends on your crowd.

• With the wedding website on there I don't think last names are necessary. Anyone who is confused can just hop online and find out which Meghan and Chris this is.
    This.  
  • So glad you guys love the redesign! I like it so much better and really needed your pieces of advice.

STDs will be going out in envelopes, so we'll have our return address on it with last names.
  • Please use capital letters where needed (I, Friday, October,Chris, Meghan etc). 
  • YogaSandy said:
    Please use capital letters where needed (I, Friday, October,Chris, Meghan etc). 
    I think this is a style choice -it looks great as is without capitals
  • YogaSandy said:
    I agree.  The overuse of lowercase letters looks lazy to me, not informal.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• SwissMs said:
    YogaSandy said:

YogaSandy said:
    I think it's fine in lower case, but I think when you do this, you need to go all or nothing with the lower case letters. A mix looks sloppy.
  • SP29 said:
    SwissMs said:
    YogaSandy said:

YogaSandy said:
    I think it's fine in lower case, but I think when you do this, you need to go all or nothing with the lower case letters. A mix looks sloppy.
    meh, i dk if it's that big of a deal. i've seen more than a few pieces of stationary in a similar style. i'll toy around with mixing it up