Chit Chat

Anyone have an Apple Watch (iWatch - whatever it is called)?

H just got me one as an early "push present" although I'm fairly certain he got me one to justify getting himself one as I haven't had an interest in it. So now I have one - and I don't know what to do with it. I still can't figure out the functionality that I would like from it, so far 2 apps that I think would be helpful with the watch either aren't compatible (Notes) or don't have the functionality I'd like (Starbucks) though I have used text/email and also the GPS/exercise app.  

If you have one, what do you like best about it? 

Re: Anyone have an Apple Watch (iWatch - whatever it is called)?

• I have one and I love it! I mainly use it for checking text messages, emails, etc. I work in surgery, so cannot have my phone out- if I get a call or text, it's nice to be able to just glance at my watch, and make sure it is nothing important that I would need to step out of the OR to respond to. I also like the activity "rings" that show me how my activity level for the day is so far. My "home screen" also has the weather on it, which is nice to be able to just glance at and see what it's like out.

It's definitely not something I "need" but I do really enjoy having it for the little things like these. My husband also works at Apple and got a really good deal on it, so that helps my opinion
  • DH has one.  He's an Apple iPhone addict, so he uses it always.  Checks email, texts, replies to texts, uses apps, entertains the kids with the Mickey watch, fitness tracking, notifications.  He loves it

• DH has one.  He's an Apple iPhone addict, so he uses it always.  Checks email, texts, replies to texts, uses apps, entertains the kids with the Mickey watch, fitness tracking, notifications.  He loves it
    thanks - the apps part is the part I can't figure out how you use most of them. email/text/fitness seems to be the most popular
  • kvruns said:
    H just got me one as an early "push present" although I'm fairly certain he got me one to justify getting himself one as I haven't had an interest in it. So now I have one - and I don't know what to do with it. I still can't figure out the functionality that I would like from it, so far 2 apps that I think would be helpful with the watch either aren't compatible (Notes) or don't have the functionality I'd like (Starbucks) though I have used text/email and also the GPS/exercise app.  

That's the same reason I have one!!  I like being able to text and read emails in court without having to pull my phone out.  It's easy to answer calls without having to grab my phone when I'm with the baby.  I also like the exercise app, although I just got the nike version of the watch and haven't explored the new features pertaining to running yet. . . .I've been slacking!
  • kaos16 said:
    kvruns said:

That's the same reason I have one!!  I like being able to text and read emails in court without having to pull my phone out.  It's easy to answer calls without having to grab my phone when I'm with the baby.  I also like the exercise app, although I just got the nike version of the watch and haven't explored the new features pertaining to running yet. . . .I've been slacking!
    he got us the Nike one too. He used the GPS for a run Sunday and said it seemed about on par distance wise as the Garmin GPS watch he has but the part that shows pace he didn't like, he said it seemed like real-time pace not mile/lap pace or something and was not super helpful.

So you can talk on the phone through the watch? Do you need to hold the watch near your mouth? 
  • kvruns said:
    kaos16 said:
    kvruns said:

he got us the Nike one too. He used the GPS for a run Sunday and said it seemed about on par distance wise as the Garmin GPS watch he has but the part that shows pace he didn't like, he said it seemed like real-time pace not mile/lap pace or something and was not super helpful.

So you can talk on the phone through the watch? Do you need to hold the watch near your mouth? 

yup, you talk into it like a spy!
  • I just got one last weekend and I love it so far. I originally went to get a Fitbit, but for what I wanted, it was just too big and it limited my wrist movement too much. I use it for checking text messages and working out. The one program that I use has the capability to work with the Apple Watch and it is actually easier than pulling out my phone to see what is next or how much time I have left until that circuit is over. I can't always have my phone out at work, and sometimes I don't feel my phone in my pocket (especially if I have bunkers on). If I get a call or text, it's nice to be able to just glance at my watch, and make sure it is nothing important that I would absolutely have to answer. My home screen is just the time, but it has the time for Sydney, Australia in the corner. I like that I can quickly see what time it is there so I know when I can call my sister.

While it's not something that I *need*, it certainly is nice to have the capability of doing everything that it has. I also find that the Apple Watch syncs better with my apps. I had a lot of problems with my Fitbit syncing properly with the app. I don't have any discrepancy across apps with the Apple Watch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker