New York-Long Island
Options

maids dresses

I'm not sure if this is done or how it would even look.  I  am having a matron of honor and 2 brides maids.  They are all different sizes and have different tastes.  I know normally the matron can wear a diffent shade of the same dress.  I was thinking of letting them all pic out the dress (same color and length).  Has anyone ever seen or heard of this being done?  Groom is not in favor.

Re: maids dresses

• Options
    edited December 2011
    People do it all the time. You can find a line (Alfred Angelo or anything by David's Bridal for example) choose a fabric and color and they can get just about any shape/style of dress that they want. I think it looks great, AND your maids have the benefit of finding a dress they might actually wear again.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I let my MOH choose a different dress.  I personally liked the idea of everyone in the same dress, but I wanted to make her stand out a bit more.  However, it can be done beautifully.  There are lots of girls over on wedding party who have pics in their bios with wedding parties that look that way.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly - you can do whatever you want!!! I've seen many weddings where the girls have different dresses in the same color and same material. I think it looks fine!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards