Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

See, we are not alone in our opinions

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3942610/The-wedding-guest-complaints-revealed-NO-ONE-likes-cash-bar.html#comments

Comments are pretty funny.

CN - Daily Mail on what guests complain about when it comes to weddings.  Cash bars, long gaps, evening guests (tiered guests), etc.  basically most everything we say on here.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: See, we are not alone in our opinions

• Options
    But it's going to be different for me, because I'm a speshul snoeflayk and everyone has told me they don't mind.
  • Options
    They're obsessed with canapés. 
  • Options
    Not having a back up plan for an outdoor wedding - bridal vision over guest's comfort!
  • Options
    Was this an error?  

"If you manage your budget correctly, a cash bar is the best investment (along with amazing food) to keep your guests singing your praises for months to come."

Did they mean to write full bar?

SaveSave
  • Options
    monkeysip said:
    Was this an error?  

"If you manage your budget correctly, a cash bar is the best investment (along with amazing food) to keep your guests singing your praises for months to come."

I think so too.
  • Options
    SP29 said:
    monkeysip said:
    Was this an error?  

I think so too.
    Daily Mail is known for misspellings, missing words and just poor editing.     I'm pretty sure they meant to say a full bar is best.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated.