Wedding Woes

Poll: Speaking of heat.....

2»

Re: Poll: Speaking of heat.....

• MesmrEwe said:
    Ours is around 74... I'm hypothyroid so am constantly FREEZING!  I have no idea what the garage/gym temp is but I'm wanting to get that on a digital timer sometime soon.  When I go out of town and DH is here - then the thermostat gets set to 68...  

I am, too!  Badly.  I have almost no thyroid function without medicine.

I have another weird symptom.  I have no hair on my legs.  It stopped growing years ago.  My doctor said, although he's never heard of that, he can see why it could happen.  For example, low thyroid in men can cause baldness.  I'm just glad it affected my legs and not my long, lustrous locks.

Unfortunately, I also have the very common symptom of a super sluggish metabolism.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MesmrEwe said:
    Ours is around 74... I'm hypothyroid so am constantly FREEZING!  I have no idea what the garage/gym temp is but I'm wanting to get that on a digital timer sometime soon.  When I go out of town and DH is here - then the thermostat gets set to 68...  

I have another weird symptom.  I have no hair on my legs.  It stopped growing years ago.  My doctor said, although he's never heard of that, he can see why it could happen.  For example, low thyroid in men can cause baldness.  I'm just glad it affected my legs and not my long, lustrous locks.

Unfortunately, I also have the very common symptom of a super sluggish metabolism.

That doesn't sound so bad as long as it sticks with just legs ;)
  • MesmrEwe said:

That doesn't sound so bad as long as it sticks with just legs ;)

It is a rare silver lining, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Living in Alaska, no pets. During winter we keep the main floor at 60 during the day when the townhouse-style condo is empty. Thermostat is set to come on to 64 during the morning and evening. We also have a woodstove that we use pretty much every night (as long as we're home by 8) because I am always cold. The radiant heat off the woodstove warms me so much better than the baseboard hot water building heat.

I also suffer from hypothyroidism and I'm so much warmer now that I'm on thyroid-replacement meds.

Bedroom is set to 60, I like to sleep cold with lots of blankets and he just sticks his feet out if he gets too hot. I have an electric blanket for when he's not home to snuggle with.

Summer has been bad recently though. The condo faces south and west and the upstairs bedroom gets too hot during the day (74+) and doesn't cool down at all at night. We have noisy neighbors on all sides so we can't leave the windows open. I'm actually thinking about installing A/C in the bedroom.

• Northeast Ohio here. I think our thermostat is broken because it says 62, but it feels warmer.  

I dislike being cold, but FW is hot all the time due to her HRT, so I pile on blankets and sweaters.