Wedding Woes
Options

"We met online."

2»

Re: "We met online."

• Options
    Another cute story about my parents.
    My dad was friends with my mum's brother, and mum's brother kept telling my mum that he had a friend she had to meet.
    Kept saying "If he's a friend of yours, I don't wanna meet him" {lol}

On my mum's (23rd I think) bday, she went bowling with her friends and then to the bar {local bar} My dad walks by, my mum sees him and says "nice ass" and her brother says "Hey, wanna meet him?"
    She jokes he wore ugliest outfit - it was 1984 for reference - and he bored her when she made unfortunate mistake of asking what he did as job.
  • Options
    KatWAG said:
    Funny story about 2 friends. They went to high school, didn't date, didn't even really know each other. Even sat at the same table for prom!
    Didn't end up hooking up until almost 5 yrs ago {5yrs in Feb} I always laugh at that story :)
    I can do one better. H and I went to the same elementary school, middle school and high school. We grew up 6 blocks from each other and had a ton of mutual friends. He actually used to come to my high school lacrosse games to watch other friends play. But we never met or had even heard of each other. 

We met drunk at a bar 7 years after I graduated HS. 
    Lol nothing says "meeting people" like bars :)
  • Options

We met online too.  It was Match.  I can barely keep up with most of the dating websites/apps now.  A co-worker does Bumble - I had no idea what it was when she starting telling me about it! 

The LW and her SO have been going out for a month and are serious.  Who cares how they met?  They are happy and good for each other.

• Options
    we met on Match. my parents found out at our rehearsal dinner, and were a little pearl clutchy. (keep in mind, we met in 2004 and got married in 2006, so this was in the early days of internet dating). we had just told our parents that we met at college and had friends in common. 

^^^ this is funny, because when i went on a crusade to get my sister to find a bf, mom was fully supportive of the online thing. sister's now on her 2nd 2 year relationship from match - my guess is she'll marry this one. 
  • Options
    KatWAG said:
    Funny story about 2 friends. They went to high school, didn't date, didn't even really know each other. Even sat at the same table for prom!
    Didn't end up hooking up until almost 5 yrs ago {5yrs in Feb} I always laugh at that story :)
    I can do one better. H and I went to the same elementary school, middle school and high school. We grew up 6 blocks from each other and had a ton of mutual friends. He actually used to come to my high school lacrosse games to watch other friends play. But we never met or had even heard of each other. 

My fiancé and I went to the same high school, lived about 5 min from each other, my parents know some of his grandparents co workers and we have the same family doctor 
  • Options
    Keisha84 said:
    KatWAG said:

My fiancé and I went to the same high school, lived about 5 min from each other, my parents know some of his grandparents co workers and we have the same family doctor 
    my first thought is "and the green grass grows all around" lol :P