Wedding Woes

*urgle* the first time anyone ever typed "FUCK, they are offering me benefits"

waiting to hear on the prices, but, chances are, no new job.

(And for the people who are going to say 'thanks obama', this particular way of screwing over employees existed at the Mr's company before the ACA.  But it may still suck more under ACA, no idea, but, it's just suckage )

Re: *urgle* the first time anyone ever typed "FUCK, they are offering me benefits"

• :(  That fucking sucks. 
  • is there a chance you can do it so you're less than FT/wouldn't qualify?

• Sorry to hear!  Yeah, group health plans (in general) have been taking a serious slide for years.  Before and after the ACA.

The company I am currently working for only has one health plan choice.  It is the bare minimum with the highest deductible and OOP max allowed by law.  To cover my H and I, it is $107/month for my portion.

My rueful irony?  I'll be better off, for health insurance, when I get laid off.  Similar suck-a** plan but, after subsidies, it shouldn't cost more than $50/month (if that).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My job offers individual coverage for a decent plan at nearly $40 PER WEEK out of pocket.  Their "family plan" is $120 PER WEEK!!!!!!!  Even the lowest plan is $21 individual and $83 family!  And this is ONLY health coverage...dental, vision, supplemental life (I think we get like $10,000 "free") and the like are all in addition to that!

My Hubby has a quasi-state job.  His PPO plan (individual or group) is $0 out of your weekly pay check.  It is through a reputable company with reasonable deductibles and maximums...but his job will not allow me onto his if I am eligible for coverage through my employer.  It's sad but the best thing that could happen to me (in terms of health care) is to lose my job and get some shit one with no benefit options and go on his plan.

His policies were put into place the year before the adoption of the ACA...he was hired 5 months after the policy change.  Sometimes life isn't fair.

• they won't do PT, and it's $100 a weekish for just ME to be on the crappy plan.  yuch.
  • My job offers individual coverage for a decent plan at nearly $40 PER WEEK out of pocket.  Their "family plan" is $120 PER WEEK!!!!!!!  Even the lowest plan is $21 individual and $83 family!  And this is ONLY health coverage...dental, vision, supplemental life (I think we get like $10,000 "free") and the like are all in addition to that!

Mine's more. Someone asked HR "is this increase normal for companies?" Yes. This is what happens when more sick people get insured and more people have to pay for said sick people, and more people have to subsidize even more people who can't afford normal premiums. 

• Ugh, that SUUUUUCKS.  I'm sorry

Mine's more. Someone asked HR "is this increase normal for companies?" Yes. This is what happens when more sick people get insured and more people have to pay for said sick people, and more people have to subsidize even more people who can't afford normal premiums. 

Our company pays a ridiculous amount to cover us. I think it is near $100 per person?  It is all just so crazy.