Attire and Accessories

Dressilyme Wedding dress too short & bad fit!!

13»

Re: Dressilyme Wedding dress too short & bad fit!!

  • DrillSergeantCatDrillSergeantCat Oklahoma City, OK
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary First Answer
    member
    lnixon8 said:
    ernursej said:
    It absolutely baffles me that anyone could think you could pay less than 5% of what something would normally cost and get anywhere close to what you want, or anything even usable, for that matter. You get what you pay for. (I realize OP deleted, but this is for the benefit of lurkers too)

    There are so many people that want more for less. My favourite scams are those buy one bottle of wine and get 6-36 bottles in return. I also love the people that you mention it is a pyramid scheme and they get all pissed off.
    Just got tagged in a wine thing. In Maryland it is illegal to do this. I let the person know to be careful shipping wine so it doesn't get confiscated by USPS- didn't even btoher mentioning it a huge scam/illegal to do chain mail of any kind.... she said she will order online from companies that will deliver.  My dad owns a liquor store and I've been to a few of those tupperware/pampered chef but for wine parties so I know shipping is insane: super expensive and the person must be there to accept it.
    I just dropped it before it got to the "lets spread cheer, don't be a debbie downer" since I was tagged by H's super well meaning cousin.
    The whole secret sister thing has started here too and one of the news stations pushed a story about how it's a pyramid scheme and it's illegal and considered mail fraud.
    MesmrEwe
  • lnixon8 said:
    ernursej said:
    It absolutely baffles me that anyone could think you could pay less than 5% of what something would normally cost and get anywhere close to what you want, or anything even usable, for that matter. You get what you pay for. (I realize OP deleted, but this is for the benefit of lurkers too)

    There are so many people that want more for less. My favourite scams are those buy one bottle of wine and get 6-36 bottles in return. I also love the people that you mention it is a pyramid scheme and they get all pissed off.
    Just got tagged in a wine thing. In Maryland it is illegal to do this. I let the person know to be careful shipping wine so it doesn't get confiscated by USPS- didn't even btoher mentioning it a huge scam/illegal to do chain mail of any kind.... she said she will order online from companies that will deliver.  My dad owns a liquor store and I've been to a few of those tupperware/pampered chef but for wine parties so I know shipping is insane: super expensive and the person must be there to accept it.
    I just dropped it before it got to the "lets spread cheer, don't be a debbie downer" since I was tagged by H's super well meaning cousin.
    The whole secret sister thing has started here too and one of the news stations pushed a story about how it's a pyramid scheme and it's illegal and considered mail fraud.
    Its making me question some of the people that I thought were smart that are falling for it. I just want one person to come out of the wood work and say what they got. 95% will be nothing and I bet the other 5% is like a happy meal toy or dollar store candle.


  • DrillSergeantCatDrillSergeantCat Oklahoma City, OK
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary First Answer
    member
    lnixon8 said:
    Its making me question some of the people that I thought were smart that are falling for it. I just want one person to come out of the wood work and say what they got. 95% will be nothing and I bet the other 5% is like a happy meal toy or dollar store candle.
    One of my friends is actually doing it. She got some bath bombs, but I think the only people participating with her are people she knows.
  • lnixon8 said:
    ernursej said:
    It absolutely baffles me that anyone could think you could pay less than 5% of what something would normally cost and get anywhere close to what you want, or anything even usable, for that matter. You get what you pay for. (I realize OP deleted, but this is for the benefit of lurkers too)

    There are so many people that want more for less. My favourite scams are those buy one bottle of wine and get 6-36 bottles in return. I also love the people that you mention it is a pyramid scheme and they get all pissed off.
    Just got tagged in a wine thing. In Maryland it is illegal to do this. I let the person know to be careful shipping wine so it doesn't get confiscated by USPS- didn't even btoher mentioning it a huge scam/illegal to do chain mail of any kind.... she said she will order online from companies that will deliver.  My dad owns a liquor store and I've been to a few of those tupperware/pampered chef but for wine parties so I know shipping is insane: super expensive and the person must be there to accept it.
    I just dropped it before it got to the "lets spread cheer, don't be a debbie downer" since I was tagged by H's super well meaning cousin.
    Do people not understand that if six people all buy one bottle of wine that only equals six bottles of wine? Like, you just get a different bottle of wine from the one you purchased, which is cool, but like math is good. 
    Its a chain/pyramid scheme.
    1. Mary
    2. Sue
    3. Larry
    4. john
    5. anita
    6. Lnixon8
    I only send one bottle to the person whose name is at the top of the list. Its up to the people beneath to come up with their own 6 people.  It takes 6 cycles to get to you. If Sue tells 6 people then your name slowly crawls up the list. hence why most people get nothing.

    If it was just a wine swap with 12 friends and everyone got a bottle it would fine. 


    eileenrob
  • edited September 29
    Just thought I'd update, about £50 later and no more than 2 hours of work and my dress looked like this  :p Oh, and by the way, all my seriously sparkly jewellery - China  
  • Just thought I'd update, about £50 later and no more than 2 hours of work and my dress looked like this  :p Oh, and by the way, all my seriously sparkly jewellery - China  
  • Felt like a princess and had comments all night from 150 plus guests :)
    So you don;t need to be a snob to look and feel gorgeous. And I supported the Chinese economy while I was at it :wink:
    The bag was probably the most expensive thing I had on me at that point 
  • Felt like a princess and had comments all night from 150 plus guests :)
    So you don;t need to be a snob to look and feel gorgeous. And I supported the Chinese economy while I was at it :wink:
    The bag was probably the most expensive thing I had on me at that point! :
    Oh, and guess where the purple bridesmaid dresses were from....  :D 
    And to top off what was a brilliant wedding night,  we got given a surprise honeymoon to the Maldives! :smiley: 
    PS. The bipolar comment?? Godsake, what is it with spiteful girls these days, just love each other!  <3

    I hope all you ladies have/had the loveliest day ever! Treasure every minute coz it defo goes too quick! 
  • I think the Chinese economy is doing quite well all on its own. 
    InLoveInQueens
13»
Sign In or Register to comment.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards