New Jersey

Thoughts on April weddings?

Hi! Does anyone have thoughts on April weddings, based on weather and flowers ?

Re: Thoughts on April weddings?

• You mean specifically in New Jersey? I think it is a very nice time of year to get married overall, but if you are having an outdoor ceremony, make sure you give your guests a heads-up; it can still get chilly, especially in the evenings, and seasonal allergies are an issue for some people at that time of year as well.
  • sorry! should have been more detailed. april wedding in south jersey, but ceremony would be in a church. I am worried about it being cold or possibly snow? also weather flowers will be available.

we have a venue we really love and are trying to nail down the date before putting down a deposit. they have a couple early and mid april dates that are cheaper than june 2018.

• The weather at that time of year can go either way. It can get cold, but we've also had Aprils here where temperatures went into triple digits! Snow is possible but unlikely. 

There will certainly be flowers available, but the availability and cost will depend on what you're looking to use and whether they're seasonal. You'll need to discuss this with a florist. But either way it's not a reason not to get married in April.
  • My husband and I just got married on April 27th. Although it was cloudy, the weather was in the mid 70's and right after we walked out of the church doors the sun came out. It was perfect. It was a Thursday wedding, the next day it was almost 90 degrees out. Sun was blazing. Our photos came out great and we got the right kind of greenery and cherry blossoms in our shots. You should be fine :)