Chit Chat

Update

2»

Re: Update

• I'm sorry for your news, but I'm glad you will be enjoying the time you have left and spending time with family. Have fun on that cruise! 
  • I'm so sorry CMG. I'll be praying for you and your family. I love your positive outlook and desire to live life to the fullest. Glad to know you'll be around for a while longer :)

• Praying for you and this journey, CMG. I hate you didn't get th enews you wanted but I love your outlook.

• I'm sorry you didn't receive good news. You are in my T&Ps. Keep your positive outlook and live life to the fullest. xoxo
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2017
    Just catching up now, and I'm so sorry to hear this :(  You do have a great outlook though.  You are in my thoughts. 

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    edited January 2017
    Today I went to a ladies club meeting, and when concerns were named, I told everybody.  That way I only have to say it ONCE!
    I have had telephone calls from Mayo, and there are some plastic surgeons who want to try it out on me.  Nope.  You don't get to cut me just because you think you can do something new and different, and maybe write an article in a medical journal about it.
    I really love my doctors and oncologists here in Grand Junction, CO.  They are doing everything that is reasonable for me.  Nobody can cure me.  I'm not dead yet, though.  My husband is discovering that I can be quite a handful.  Ha!  Today I renewed my driver's license, and I passed their vision test.  Well, OK, I didn't volunteer any information, either.
    Thank you all for your kind thoughts.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Your husband just learned this? ;) Sneaky! How did you hide it!!

Also, a friend of mine went to the Mayo clinic and said they were really good. Too bad they couldn't help you :(

You're in my thoughts!
  • Your husband just learned this? ;) Sneaky! How did you hide it!!

Also, a friend of mine went to the Mayo clinic and said they were really good. Too bad they couldn't help you :(

You're in my thoughts!

No, I think she is saying her husband is discovering she is quite a handful because her illness is not robbing her of her feistiness ;).

@CMGragain, It's wonderful you're making the best use of the time that is left.  I hope you grace us with your feistiness for a long time coming :).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited January 2017
    DH doesn't want me to drive.  Part of him was hoping that I would fail the eye test for my license renewal.  I can see perfectly well out of my right eye, and I have some peripheral vision in my left eye.
    I volunteered to drive to Denver with a friend (who cannot drive) for a ladies club.  We will be sampling food and choosing menus for an upcoming national conference.  It will be a lot like wedding planning, so I'm good for this!
    Well, DH is having a hissy fit and telling me that I can't go because it isn't safe for me to drive.  @!%#!!!!
    The state of Colorado says it is safe for me to drive.
    My oncologist says it is safe for me to drive.
    My ophthalmologist says that it is safe for me to drive.
    DH is the only one who is worried.
    I don't think I will tell him when the date is scheduled for the tasting.  I'll just leave him a note.  Maybe I'll buy him a small bag of legal marijuana.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • @CMGragain  He's just concerned. If there was an issue, would you stop driving? Maybe he's just worried about that part. He just needs some reassurance and marijuana
  • I wonder why he is so concerned? My H is legally blind in one eye although he can see a little (light and movement, for example) and I've never questioned his driving ability. Granted, it was that way from birth, so it was never something he had to get used to. 
    edited January 2017
    DH worries about EVERYTHING!  He always has.  Even in high school, he would fuss at me if he thought my miniskirt was too short.  (Maybe this explains why I broke up with him at the end of our senior year!)   This is why he is such a nervous traveler, too.  He worries about losing luggage, missing plane connections, finding something to EAT in an airport, etc.  After all, the U.S. Department of Defense PAID him for 34 years to worry about our country's national security.

For the last two days, DH has been in terrible pain in his back and legs.  This is very new to him.  It is painful for him to drive a car.  Good thing I passed that driver's vision test, isn't it?  I had to drive to another doctor's appointment this afternoon.

He refuses to see a doctor, but he is in terrible pain.  I am ready to drive him to the hospital whenever he finally gives up.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • @CMGragain  He's just concerned. If there was an issue, would you stop driving? Maybe he's just worried about that part. He just needs some reassurance and marijuana
    When I was in my first chemo, back in 2008, I was aware when my eyesight was affected, and I told DH that I couldn't drive at that point.  It lasted for about two months, then my vision improved. 
    I do not drive at night.  My eyes are too light sensitive, and cannot take the headlights of oncoming cars at night.  I know this, so I avoid putting anyone at risk.
    Daylight driving is not a problem.  I have some great new dark sunglasses for driving in bright sunlight.  It does get VERY bright, here, in Colorado!  Not today, though.  Sleet and rain.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg