New York-Long Island

Need help with affordable reception venue!

I am not from NY however my FI is...we are having the wedding and reception in MI (where I am from).  However his parents don't believe many of his family and friends will travel to Michigan so they are throwing us a NY reception instead of helping us out financially with the main wedding. 

So since I am not from this area I am wanting suggestions on places for just reception alone...affordable please...although I prolly dont have a say on anything for this :/

Re: Need help with affordable reception venue!

• edited December 2011
    I just had my wedding at Jericho Terrace in Mineloa, NY. I had 150 guests in the Skylight Room.  The ceremony was also in the skylight room.  The cocktail hour was in the terrace part of the Skylight room.  It was absolutely gorgeous!  Just view my pics to see.  I did my pics at Old Westbury Gardens before the ceremony since I am not very traditional and was planning according to convenience which I am glad I did.  I did my wedding on a Friday night it was $80 per person without tax.  I chose Friday night because it saves you money.  The wedding ceremony began at 8pm and the wedding ended at 130am.  We didnt mind the late wedding.  They provided a clergy at a cost and the father was great.  The food there is great from cocktail hour to the sit down.  We also did a photo booth and I got a vintage chest and filled it with props(great idea the guests had a blast).  We also had a cigar roller from LCG Cigars which the men looooved.  Sounds pricey but it wasn't that bad.  I got my grooms cake from Chic Sugars in Queens, NY very very reasonable and super creative.  I got my groom an Xbox 360 cake the guys went nuts lol.  I do recommend Westchester Floral Decorators they are reasonable and amazing.  I also used Dreamlifeweddings.com as my photo and videographer you will not regret it one bit.  I think thats it but happy wedding planning and good luck!!  
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    what do you consider affordable? our affordable and other areas affordable is pretty vast...

• edited December 2011
    You really do need to be specific about what you mean by affordable.  That being said, I got quoted an excellent (by LI standards) price for the Mansion at Timber Point in Great River (near Oakdale, on the South Shore).
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • That GalThat Gal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thatched Cottage in Centerport, NY (?) has low prices.  You can get a 100-150 person complete package for like 10,000.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I am not even sure what affordable is to my FI's parents since they decided on the NY reception and planned on paying. Me and my FI are spending no more than $10,000 on the Michigan wedding and reception and they thought that was expensive :/ Sorry to be so vague I just wanted to get names of places around here and go from there. I know what Ive seen so far prices per head here are twice as much as in Michigan!!!!
  • HOW did you get this for $80/pp????? I saw this post and got so excited because I swore FH n I could never afford this place so I called for information and the guy said he can "assure" me that I will pay well over $100/pp for a Friday night. Now I'm so let down. Not your fault or anything but I'm just curious HOW you got that if you don't mind my asking. I just can't do $100/pp PLUS 20% PLUS taxes :*(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards