Wedding Woes

Thursday

Ugh.   I am so tired.  Our smoke detector went off in my room around 4:30am or so and scared the crap out me.  The temps have been in the 60's so I think the humidfier moisture was not dissipating as much last night and I had it on too high.  I turned it off and turned on my fan.  But my sleep was already fucked at that point.  I've also not been sleeping that well at all lately.  

Yesterday was my day off and I went out running around.  I found my nephew tiny Vans with flames on them for his bday (this weekend!) and some clothes for this summer and next winter.  DefConn wants to go pick out a 'special' present for his cousin.  I also picked up a tube of Too Faced Shadow Insurance because I tried sample of it and it's the best eyeshadow primer I've ever used.  :D 

My house is not fucking ready for a party on Saturday (nephew's bday party) and I am too tired to care right now.  We'll get there, eventually. 

Re: Thursday

• I need to clean my house.  I feel like we have been living like heathens since before the holidays.  We are expecting a big ice storm tomorrow so I probably won't do anything more than go to the store to get supplies (snacks and beer) for the weekend.

• @mrsconn23  Jeez that would scare the bejesus out of me!

Not a whole lot last night. Trying to slowly tidy things up on the table because I'd really like to start eating there {we eat at on the couch ...}

My mum and I are looking at doing a spa day in the nicer weather. We need to find price, but got an idea for one place that does massage, facial, mani/pedi and light lunch {since we'll likely be there for awhile I guess?} I'm pretty excited. I've never had a facial, but my mum thinks I'll like it.
    She's not big on pedicures but said since it's part of the package she'll deal.

I have an allergist appt today. My dr suggested about these daily melts that's new to the market, but I have to do it at the allergist office. I'm hopeful because ragweed is one of my worst allergies, and these new melts include ragweed.

I think also tonight I'll be doing more cleaning. *sigh*
  • I have been sick for a week. Yesterday felt like I was trying to swallow razor blades so I went to the urgent care clinic last night. Tested negative for strep and flu so that's good, but he said there's obviously something going on since it's not getting any better.

Mouse's daycare has been putting him in the room with the 1 year olds. He loves it! But they can't get him to nap. He had a 20 minute nap all day yesterday. I got him home, gave him a bottle and we laid down on the couch. Usually, he naps for 30 minutes to an hour. Last night, he fell asleep at 5:30, H got home at 7 and I handed Mouse off to him so I could go to the clinic, I got home at 8:15, we woke him up for a bath, gave him another bottle and he passed back out until 5:30. H gave him a bottle and he went back to sleep until 6:30. I enjoy the sleeping through the night part, but not the falling asleep at 5:30 so I don't get to play with him part.

His birthday is in a month and I need to start planning, but it's so hard to start planning not knowing when baby girl will make her appearance. We have an ultrasound Wednesday so I'll start figuring things out then.
  • Morning!

I'm here. I was tempted to call into work today just because, but I figured I'd save that for another day.

I'm going at 1 for my informal job interview/meeting thing. We'll see what happens! Since they didn't have any official postings on their website, I don't know what position they're looking to fill. That will greatly influence my interest. In my business there are really good jobs and really shitty jobs. Absolutely nothing in between. I also can't take any less pay than I'm getting now, so that will be a factor. Here's hoping it's something good!

Tonight, nothing. I was at church til 10 pm last night, which is waaaay past the time I'm usually out. I'm looking forward to a night at home with the pups.

I also need to clean my house. It looks like a mud pit, too. So many doggy paw prints and fur balls. I just hate doing it, and it's frustrating to work hard to clean it and then have the dogs ruin it in 5 min flat. I guess I need to suck it up and do it anyways.

• There must be something in the air - I also need to clean the house desperately. 

I'm in a thoroughly agitated mood today. My time is currently being split between two deadlines that are due next week and normal day-to-day tasks. This morning I was asked to set up a meeting with the team on Deadline A that I believe is totally overkill - how are they supposed to get their work done for the next milestone if all we do is sit around and have meetings? The workplan is very clear. But I set it up anyway. Only to have the person who asked for the meeting at the time for which I set it to Decline. The. Meeting. Invite.

Me right now:

• The drive into work was crazy today.  I even left the house early because I wanted to get some cash out at the ATM to get half priced breakfast from one of the local stores.  Our firm gives them so much business they do yearly appreciation sales with 50% off your order!  It was also really stupid how they had the detour set up.  I also don't know why they started this before 9 AM, when the evening rush hour would be more able to handle the back up that this road closure brings.  But gee - what do I know!

Last night I went to yoga and when I got home H wasn't feeling that well.  He is lactose intolerant, but he takes a pro-biotic that has helped so much he rarely takes the lactaid pills with food anymore.  But every once in a while, he just can't tolerate foods, so that's probably what happened last night. 

We have our first baby class tonight.  Its the birthing one up tonight.  It's at my doctor's office instead of the hospital.  My doctors do things a little different in that they don't have you push right away when fully dialated.  Its supposedly has greatly reduced the number of C-sections they have performed, so I'm interested to learn more!  We have more classes over the next month and a half, that I tried to spread out.

I got a crock pot meal of pulled pork in this morning.  I will probably air fry up some tator tots to go with.  We have had our air fryer for almost a year now and it is so awesome!  I made French fries in them on Sunday and they came out amazing!  And its hardly any oil and even then, its Olive Oil - so its a "good" oil!

• @DrillSergeantCat  poor Mouse is tired :( is he super cuddly when tired? I love when babies are cuddly lol
  • @DrillSergeantCat  poor Mouse is tired :( is he super cuddly when tired? I love when babies are cuddly lol
    We typically lay down on the couch with him in the crook of my arm and snuggle. 
  • I've been on the hunt for some art pieces for when M finishes the basement. Since it's going to be some sort of "man cave" {I refuse to call it that ...} I'm looking for things that are more "him" 
    I found a few so far!

Since he'll be getting the actual deer head that was my dad's, I figured maybe we could pick up these for something else to hang.
    PJTTERYD Picture IKEA You can personalize your home with artwork that expresses your style

Also, I found a site that I really like the work called lorazombie.com
    Here's a couple pieces I'm going to suggest - plus a couple I really like and want myself lol

{it won't show photos}
    For M:
    http://lorazombie.com/2014/ghostbusters
    http://lorazombie.com/2012/duke
    http://lorazombie.com/2011/space-window

Ones I love:
    http://lorazombie.com/2016/2016/10/20/space-kitty
    http://lorazombie.com/2013/panda-tree
    http://lorazombie.com/2012/breaking-bad-bear

Not like I really know where I'm putting some of the art I already have .... I have a problem lmao!
  • I am not feeling work today and I can't really pinpoint why.  I think I'm super frustrated with some mistakes I keep finding (I've now been given 2 people's files who were let go b/c they didn't know WTF they were doing) and having to backtrack and explain to clients what's happened.  No one is being mean or pushing, but it's getting exhausting.  My to do list is just overwhelming.

I'm ready for the end of the week.  K works this weekend, so no fun GF stuffs.  Also, there's an ice storm coming in.  Everyone is freaking out b/c it's the 10 year anniversary of our horrible, Horrible, HORRIBLE ice storm that was even declared a state (maybe federal?) disaster.  Starting pageant planning.
  • @VarunaTT we must live close because we have an ice storm coming in tonight/tomorrow.  

I still haven't hit up the grocery store for chips or beer because Foster Dog's neuter site abscessed and started bleeding all over my house.  It was the worst.

• @Ro041 oh no! Your poor pup! :-( 
  • @MissKittyDanger

Check out Lex Covato - you might like some of her stuff. 
    http://www.lexcovato.com/
  • I think my decision not to apply to medical school was the right one. The aide just showed my mom how to strip her surgical drain and I wanted to throw up in my bag. On the plus side, I was starving 5 minutes ago and now I definitely am not. So that's something.
  • I'm with you guys on the cleaning train. I'm decluttering my bedroom right now and last night I got rid of five bags of clothes so I feel pretty good.  Today I am tackling the bathroom.  I have so much crap.  I've decided I'm not buying anything else until I've used up what I have, and I'm throwing away shit I haven't used in a few months.  It's raining here so I have no motivation to go out to the gym, but I know I need to go. Ugh. 

@MissKittyDanger for some reason SO is really into deer heads (even though he doesn't hunt at all), and he kept bringing home golden artsy deer heads from Home Goods for awhile.  It drove me nuts.  I also don't know why Home Goods consistently had so much artsy deer stuff.  You could try there.  

• edited January 2017
    Sending healing vibes for Foster Dog and everyone who needs them.

FW gets home this evening- yay! She said, "It was fun, but it's time to go home."

Work is getting crazy again. It's a full moon tonight, and there are times when I wonder if the full moon really does affect people.

Oh, and I also need to clean. Maybe this weekend. 
  • @*Barbie* I will check it out!! :)

@levioosa  I'll keep my eye out! M is an outdoorsy guy and recently got into hunting {this marriage is very Freudian lmfao}
    I know in future he'll be putting up my dad's disarmed guns on the wall, so I kinda wanna go with that theme also :)
  • levioosa said:
    I'm with you guys on the cleaning train. I'm decluttering my bedroom right now and last night I got rid of five bags of clothes so I feel pretty good.  Today I am tackling the bathroom.  I have so much crap.  I've decided I'm not buying anything else until I've used up what I have, and I'm throwing away shit I haven't used in a few months.  It's raining here so I have no motivation to go out to the gym, but I know I need to go. Ugh. 

@MissKittyDanger for some reason SO is really into deer heads (even though he doesn't hunt at all), and he kept bringing home golden artsy deer heads from Home Goods for awhile.  It drove me nuts.  I also don't know why Home Goods consistently had so much artsy deer stuff.  You could try there.  

My former office-mate is an avid deer hunter.  So far, he's mounted the heads of five deer he killed and has them up on various walls in his house.  I think 3 are in his living room.  It was all I could do to keep the big "eewww" look off my face.  I'm not against hunting.  And, although it isn't my taste, I'd maybe tolerate one deer head on the wall if my H REALLY wanted one (he doesn't, thank goodness).  But 5 goes way past the heeby-jeeby line for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • levioosa said:
    I'm with you guys on the cleaning train. I'm decluttering my bedroom right now and last night I got rid of five bags of clothes so I feel pretty good.  Today I am tackling the bathroom.  I have so much crap.  I've decided I'm not buying anything else until I've used up what I have, and I'm throwing away shit I haven't used in a few months.  It's raining here so I have no motivation to go out to the gym, but I know I need to go. Ugh. 

My former office-mate is an avid deer hunter.  So far, he's mounted the heads of five deer he killed and has them up on various walls in his house.  I think 3 are in his living room.  It was all I could do to keep the big "eewww" look off my face.  I'm not against hunting.  And, although it isn't my taste, I'd maybe tolerate one deer head on the wall if my H REALLY wanted one (he doesn't, thank goodness).  But 5 goes way past the heeby-jeeby line for me.
    I don't understand SO's obsession with deer heads. He doesn't hunt.  He could never kill anything.  He hit a bird in his car and was upset for a week.  But he kept bringing home deer head after deer head.  Staaahhhhp, how many deer heads do we need?!

• levioosa said:

I'm assuming your former office-mate wasn't a trophy hunter? My dad hunted with his dad on family land for awhile {because the meat tasted better there}
    I guess that's definitely the difference between growing up with an avid hunter and those who don't.
    As long as you are doing it properly {ie; using the WHOLE animal, not parts/pieces, etc} and not poaching, I'm cool with it.

Deer heads are still creepy. Hence why it'll be going in our basement ;)
  • levioosa said:

Do any of the OG remember when Nico went on the date(s) with the guy who was a big game hunter and basically had a zoo of taxidermied animals in his mansion?
  • *Barbie* said:
    levioosa said:

Do any of the OG remember when Nico went on the date(s) with the guy who was a big game hunter and basically had a zoo of taxidermied animals in his mansion?
    Vaguely. Was the the guy near her or the out of state guy? 
  • Fingers crossed, @thefanciestbeckler!

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Missdangerkitty, I like the panda tree!
    I ordered from here this weekend--labyrinth art:
    https://society6.com/captainlaserbeam/prints

For the rest of today, it's a challenge.  I'll type the crappy parts in a sec.
    BUT, on the plus side, we think we're getting the kiddo a kitten.  So...I'm in the market for a good "how to take care of a kitten as a responsible kid" book
    (No she will NOT be doing this shit, I just want her in the loop and I want her thinking about this stuff some.  and helping).  I'd love some recommendations.  and KITTEN!  eventually.

• I finally broke a multi-day migraine, so the Mr. asked if he could sleep in--I said sure. I got up and promptly stepped in dog pee (which is totally unlike the dog, but, doggie health issues, possibly). I didn't think I could deal with that and the morning routine, so I got the Mr. up.  He dealt then went back to bed
    We were almost done with hair when the basement 'gee, the sump pump is failing' water alarm goes off--I drag Brett up to get it, while I finish hair...and, whoopsie, it wasn't the sump, it wash the washer--it overflowed while washing dog pee towels.

So the Mr. dealt with that I got the kiddo off on the bus. I did more laundry and sat and watched it fill (just what an ADHDer excels at--sitting and waiting while watching paint dry) , it was fine. I went upstairs to steam clean the carpet, and it overflowed on rinse.

I'm not allowed to do more laundry (except the towels I used to dry up the mess--which is a Sisyphean task. wash them, overflow, use them to dry, wash them...)

At least the dog seems OK now--she's using the towel on the pee spot as a pillow. And she missed my laptop cord by like 1/4 inch.

I refuse to deal w/ all of this until my cold is gone.

• @MissKittyDanger, oh yes!  He absolutely used all the deer meat.  He loved hunting anyway, but the delicious meat was his second favorite part.

His fiancé had wealthy friends...well, parents of said friends...who would even go to Africa for big game hunting.  He said their enormous living room and upstairs loft looked like someone had massacred a zoo.  I am decidedly "less okay" with that kind of trophy hunting.

@GBCK, Yay, kitten!  I'm sure everyone has their breed preference.  I'm going to give you my two cents.  Manxes are the bomb.  They rarely make noise and have little, quiet voices when they do.  They also tend to be one of the more social cat breeds.  They are famous for having no tails or just stubs but, in reality, many do have tails.  If you have a "no tail" Manx, it is only weird for a short while.  And then you're like, "Oh, that cat over there HAS a tail.  That looks strange, lol."  They also usually have a double coat.  Double duty for the broom, but they're soft like rabbits.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsconn23 said:
    *Barbie* said:
    levioosa said:

Vaguely. Was the the guy near her or the out of state guy? 
    near her. he had lions and giraffes and stuff. i remember that she slept over and was kind of freaked out about the animals. 

other guy was in TX, but we never managed a GTG. no idea what happened with him.
  • Squeee!!!!!!  I am super, super excited.

I'm a big fan of Chopped.  I just found out that Aaron Sanchez, one of the judges, recently opened a restaurant nearby.  He is originally from L.A. and world famous for his tacos.  I grew up in Orange County, CA and can't believe he has brought So. CA taco goodness all the way out to me in NOLA.  It's like a dream.

I've looked at the menu.  It's spendy.  But looks good and has interesting, unique stuff.  One taco is normally $5 each.  But from 3PM-6PM M-F, tacos are only $2 and margaritas are half off.  I'm stopping by on my way home from work.  I can't even help myself.

I just hope I haven't hyped it up so much in my mind that I'm disappointed.

Wedding Countdown Ticker