Attire & Accessories Forum

Help! I love my dress but not my tattoo. Cape ideas?

My dress is gorgeous and so soft. I fell in love with the classic lines.... But I my tattoo is peeking over the bodice and it just won't do. 

Ideas to cover it up are greatly appreciated! But no makeup, don't want to worry about it rubbing off on my beeautiful dress!

Photos if you have them, please! 

Re: Help! I love my dress but not my tattoo. Cape ideas?

• Nope, it hasn't been fitted yet. 
  • You can also do makeup and then apply a transparent dressing over top. The makeup will cover and the transparent dressing will prevent transfer. You will have to experiment with the makeup and dressing (cutting it to size etc) but I've seen many of my friends do this and they loved the results.
  • Has your dress been fitted yet? It looks like it could be snugged up a little higher. Add some fashion tape to hold it in place and voila!
    This. Before you spend a bunch of money on a cape that would cover some of your beautiful dress, talk to your seamstress about what it'll actually look like fitted and, if the tattoo still peaks through, whether fashion tape will do the job.
    *********************************************************************************

• Ahhh! I went to private christian school growing up, hiding a tattoo was a must not to get expelled! I actually have birds on my top left shoulder, only 6 but they love to peak though! 
    Check out if fitting it will help or they have tape that is your skin color that is not noticeable if you do it the right way.
    I always used make up, maybe air brushing will stay or put something on the inside of the dress, so the make up does not ruin anything.
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2017
    Get it fitted first.

You can always get a cape or bolero jacket/shrug, but then you would be covering up your dress (which looks fabulous on you!). If you do decide to go with a bolero jacket, you can get one that is sheer or lace, which would help cover the tattoo but not completely cover your dress.
  • edited January 2017
    There's a thread about cape veils a few pages back. Might be worth a look.

ETA: Here it is: http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/1072101/cape-veils#latest
  • After you've had it fitted see where things are at.  I'd opt for a pin or edge detailed veil that'll land right there.  Your Tattoo is just fine IMO - why worry about covering it up!