New Jersey
Options

Ashford Vs. Mallard- HELP please!

edited February 2017 in New Jersey
Hi All!

My FH and I are both equally torn between the Ashford and Mallard (although both are incredibly out of our price range, but we're trying to look at this without thinking about $ at the moment). We're planning on our wedding to be Summer 2018 on a Saturday night with a separate wedding ceremony in a church then going to the venue for the reception. Here are our pros/ cons:

Ashford
pros:it's gorgeous, and it's a lower traffic area (less risk of people running late), very elegant
cons: we don't like how the ballroom is separate from the cocktail hour and where the rooms are, the bridal salon is separate from the bridal suite, and not sure how i feel about cocktail hour being in several different rooms (seems like an awkward set up to me)

Mallard
pros: on the water, beautiful views, outside area for guests to walk around during cocktail hour or the reception, bridal suite is AMAZING
cons: high traffic area, not as elegant as ashford

Has anyone had a wedding or been to weddings at either venue? We would love ANY reviews from either wedding venue (positive and negative!!). ANY insight would be much appreciated, since we've never attended weddings at either venue! thank you very much!!

Re: Ashford Vs. Mallard- HELP please!

• Options
    I haven't been to either venue, but I would suggest doing a pro-con list and weighing everything out.  I wouldn't weigh a lot on the bridal suites...when I first started looking I also wanted a  beautiful bridal suite, but for me I am also okay getting ready in a hotel.  I also have over 20 people in my bridal party so getting ready at the venue didn't seem like a great option.  Just remember you're only in the suite for a certain period of time (and your guests aren't in there!). 

For me and my fiance, having some outdoor space and a beautiful view were the most important to us...tied with that or slightly below is food.  Some places we looked at had CRAZY amounts of food, but no view. Some places (like lake Mohawk) had a crazy good view but very, very little food offered in packages.  Just find your balance!
  • Options
    These were actually my final 2 picks as well. However, they both have very different atmospheres. Mallard is a lot more "beachy" and Ashford feels a lot more formal. The Mallard bridal suite is obviously amazing. However, not too many people are going to see it. We ultimately went with the Ashford. My fiance was not crazy about the dance floor at Mallard being separate from the tables. I think it all comes down to personal preference. 

Hope this helps! It is hard to find reviews / other brides feedback on these places since it is a little pricey. If you need any more insight feel free to message me. 
  • Options
    Look at Bonnet Island, owned by the same as Mallard and very close. It's a little bit further back from Rt 72 and its gorgeous. The bridal suite is not as nice as Mallard's, but the views are almost the same.