Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Destination Wedding - People Assuming they are invited

Big problem occurring in my wedding planning right now. The people invited to my 

Re: Destination Wedding - People Assuming they are invited

• Options
    edited January 2017
    "Friend, thank you so much for all of your excitement.  That means a lot to me. We are however having an immediate family only wedding, I'm sure you understand."

Then, stop posting about your wedding plans on social media.  It's fanning the flames.
  • Options
    Ah see the only reason i posted it was because they kept talking bout it.....so i made a post saying thanks everyone for the excitement, we are having a ceremony with immediate family only. lol! It did not work. 
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    What's with the weird half delete?
    I was wondering that too. 
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2017
    Check out her posts.  She has another thread that asked about having a shower, but only inviting immediate family to her destination wedding.  She wasn't pleased with the answers.  I don't have to tell you what the very good advice other posters gave her was, do I?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2017
    Ah see the only reason i posted it was because they kept talking bout it.....so i made a post saying thanks everyone for the excitement, we are having a ceremony with immediate family only. lol! It did not work. 
    According to your post last week, you are not having a destination wedding for immediate family only.  You are inviting aunts, uncles and first cousins, as well as having a bridal party.  Sorry, but that does not fit the definition of "immediate family".
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Say it directly to the person or persons that are assuming they are invited.