Chit Chat
Options

The Bachelor

Please tell me someone else is watching this shit show.

My sister talked me into a fantasy draft so now I'm in, because I'm Type A and must win.  The best is hubs watches with me.

My favorite to win is either Vanessa or the NICU nurse chick and I think Christin is the next bachelorette.  He is very sad Lacy spent all of her free time consoling Corinne and thinks that ruined her.

Re: The Bachelor

• Options
    I had to shut it off. Every season it gets more and more whiny.
  • Options
    I watch every year with my BFF. My boyfriend got sucked in, too. It's a train wreck and we love it. It's really become more of a social thing for us. I have Vanessa in my fantasy draft to win the whole thing. I have the shark, the nicu nurse, and Danielle who won the Backstreet Boys rounding out my top 4. Which girl did you pick as your final rose winner?
  • Options
    I'm watching. I get sucked in every year. My H watches with me too. 

Corinne is just so awful with the nanny nonsense. Also, WTF you are NOT a business owner. You're working for a company that your parents started. NOT YOU. And Nick is already annoying me with how into her he is. However, the whole trench coat whipped cream thing fell flat and that was hilarious. 

I like Vanessa too. 
  • Options
    Absolutely watching!  

I don't hate Nick as much as I thought I would (but I still think he's a disgusting skank).  Corinne is an awesome villain who reminds me of Courtney from Ben the winemaker's season.  (btw, her book is HILARIOUS).

I'm waiting for a dark horse to emerge and be awesome.  Granted, whomever he picks won't last too long.  He's just a player.
  • Options
    Did anyone read Andi's book? She included a story about her and Nick in the fantasy suite. 
  • Options
    Did anyone read Andi's book? She included a story about her and Nick in the fantasy suite. 
    I read part of her book.  I'll (hopefully) never go through another breakup, so it really wasn't that beneficial to me.  But I did read the part about the fantasy suite with Nick.  EWWWWW.
  • Options
    Every episode H asks "when are the girls going to turn on him?"  I can't stand him.
  • Options
    I love it-not sure when it starts again in the UK though
  • Options
    YES!! My friends are doing a bracket as well! I don't like this season as much as previous ones so far, but maybe it's because Nick annoys the bajeezus out of me?
  • Options
    So I'm going to go against the crowd here and say I really love Nick! Full disclosure, I didn't watch either Andi or Kaitlyn's seasons so I've only seen him on BiP but he's the first bachelor in a long time who I can actually understand a woman having an attraction to... the super sensitive/bland and/or country boys do absolutely nothing for me and it seems like they've been leaning hard in that direction the last few seasons. I was dreading them picking Luke from JoJo's season to be the new Bachelor and am very pleased they didn't go with him.

Vanessa, NICU nurse, and winner of the Backstreet Boys dance contest seem like the ones to beat to me. I agree with PP who said Corinne is just like Courtney... she's great drama but I kind of wish they hadn't gone so extreme with her because it's so obviously scripted and fake (I'm hoping, lol). I enjoy it more when I can suspend my disbelief that this is all completely manufactured, but Corinne is too entitled to be real.

I'm wondering where the drama is going to come from for the rest of this season because I assume Corinne is going to get the boot pretty early given it's already so clear she isn't "wife material." They're going to need more crazy to start coming out of the woodwork pretty soon!
  • Options
    This is my first time watching, so I'm really not that experienced in the world of the bachelor... 
    hate Corinne, she's just all things horrible lol
    im rooting for Danielle that won the BSB comp, she seems pretty genuine and they have a good connection so far! 
    I also love how straight up and honest raven is, I think it's great that she's just telling Nick exactly what she thinks, I don't really see too much of a spark there though 
    haha I also would love to see Alexis (dolphin girl) go far because she is just such great entertainment!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I do agree that Nick is more appealing than previous Bachelors. They typically aren't my type of dude (Ben, Chris? SNORE). But I did watch him on both Andi and Kaitlyn's seasons. 

Also, I still crack up over Shawn calling him "The Other Guy" and refusing to say his name. 
  • Options
    scribe95 said:
    I think the older I get the less patience I have for the Corinne-like storylines. They aren't funny or amusing. Just pathetic. And taking time away from other perhaps decent people. 

It's so clear she is a producer pick that it's not even halfway convincing. They gave her a special bouncy house and whip cream etc. The funny part is I don't think Nick is into her at all. He looks uncomfortable when he is with her but like he has to keep her on.
    THIS! Corinne is awkward AF. It almost seems like she doesn't want to be there?
  • Options

I'm watching! I actually really like Nick. Something about him is super hot to me and I don't know what it is. I hated him on Andi and Kaitlyn's seasons. Bachelor in Paradise changed me.

Corinne is the worst. I was cracking up over how awkward trench coat and whipped cream thing was. And how does she fall asleep like that all the time??? I keep thinking she's always drunk or potentially high.

So far almost none of the other girls have been memorable to me. I do like Vanessa and I thought they had good chemistry. Poor thing. Getting sick on an awesome date like that is something that would happen to me.

• Options
    edited January 2017
  • Options
    The bachelor/bachelorette/BIP are my guilty pleasures. I can't look away. 

I'm with @TheMostHappy15. I like Nick. And I liked him in both Andi's season and Kaitlyn's season. I think Nick got a very unfair bad rap based on his comment about having sex with her during After the Final Rose. In my opinion, she basically forced him to say it. She would not give him closure (apparently, he tried to go see her before AFR, but she wouldn't talk to him or see him when they could have hashed out at least a little bit beforehand in private) and wouldn't acknowledge anything during AFR. He tiptoed around it before finally asking why they had sex if he wasn't the one she was going to choose because she either wasn't getting it or was purposefully playing dumb (my vote) and wouldn't give him any reasons or closure on it. The only other thing he did during the season that people didn't like was be "too cocky" or "over confident" or whatever. I didn't really get that. Honestly, they should all have his level of confidence in the relationship or why are they there. He didn't do anything wrong in Kaitlyn's season except come in late. And I was pulling for her to choose him because Sean was a giant d-bag. 

Corinne only got three seconds into her intro and I already hated her. She was obviously drunk throughout much of the season 2 evening portion of the group date. And it's OK for her to interrupt but girl does it back and it's not? What? As we say in my family, "Your logic is your own." 
  • Options

Sooooo does anyone else feel like the Bachelor is kind of jumping the shark with this latest episode? I mentioned in a previous post that the thing that bugs me about Corinne is everything she is doing is so obviously fake/scripted, but I feel like they took that element to a whole other level this week between the haunted house group date and the two-on-one in the swamp! The tarot card reading was so obviously fake, the stuff with Corinne stabbing a voodoo doll was ridiculous, and I don’t even know what to say about the weird “I am the water element” ritual/ceremony that Taylor took part in at the end… personally I just find it a lot less entertaining when they go so over the top with it because I can no longer suspend my disbelief that any small part of this is real. Anyone else have that feeling?

I also wonder if people who are a part of Louisiana/Creole voodoo culture are pissed about how it’s being portrayed in the show. It’s definitely a very real, spiritual thing to people who practice it (from what I understand), and one that has a lot of connections to issues of heritage and race as well so that makes it kind of extra dicey to be so flippant about. I haven’t personally seen any backlash though. It just made me a little uncomfortable.

• Options

Sooooo does anyone else feel like the Bachelor is kind of jumping the shark with this latest episode? I mentioned in a previous post that the thing that bugs me about Corinne is everything she is doing is so obviously fake/scripted, but I feel like they took that element to a whole other level this week between the haunted house group date and the two-on-one in the swamp! The tarot card reading was so obviously fake, the stuff with Corinne stabbing a voodoo doll was ridiculous, and I don’t even know what to say about the weird “I am the water element” ritual/ceremony that Taylor took part in at the end… personally I just find it a lot less entertaining when they go so over the top with it because I can no longer suspend my disbelief that any small part of this is real. Anyone else have that feeling?

I also wonder if people who are a part of Louisiana/Creole voodoo culture are pissed about how it’s being portrayed in the show. It’s definitely a very real, spiritual thing to people who practice it (from what I understand), and one that has a lot of connections to issues of heritage and race as well so that makes it kind of extra dicey to be so flippant about. I haven’t personally seen any backlash though. It just made me a little uncomfortable.

I agree. I'm not super thrilled with the way this season is going. It is coming off as very scripted, and I honestly haven't even seen much of a romantic connection between Nick and any of the girls. The whole voodoo doll/tarot card thing was really weird and definitely staged, as was the haunted house. I know they usually have the one wild card like Corinne that the bachelor/bachelorette has to keep around for a while, but this time it's just too much.  

• Options
    It's very obvious that they wait for the two on one date for two contestants that hate each other the most/have the most drama. They did it with Chad and the short marine guy on JoJo's season. Olivia and Emily on Ben's season. I think Ashley and Kelsey on the farmer's season. It's super lame. But, of course, I still watch. 
  • Options
    Id be interested to see how much screen time Corrinne got this week vs. how much Nick got.

• Options
    lnixon8 said:
    Id be interested to see how much screen time Corrinne got this week vs. how much Nick got.

I was thinking the same thing! This episode seemed to be way more about Corrinne than Nick. Lol.

• Options
    scribe95 said:

This season is so full of obvious producer manipulation that I am barely watching now. 
    Yeah like it's not usually this bad, is it? I'm a relative newcomer to watching the Bachelor but I just can't recall it being this blatant before.
  • Options
    scribe95 said:

This season is so full of obvious producer manipulation that I am barely watching now. 
    Right, like Taylor just magically able to show up at their secret restaurant location without producer assistance?

Although, she was annoying too so BYE!