Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Looking for reasonably priced rustic ballroom venue..

something like the aldie mansion but not as expensive and maybe a tad bigger

Re: Looking for reasonably priced rustic ballroom venue..

• Check out partyspace.com - they were a huge help for me in wedding planning in the Philly area! They allow you to search for wedding venues and check dates easily. I ended up selecting John James Audubon Center, which like Aldie Mansion is a Jeffrey Miller Catering venue. The venue is huge (up to 300 guests) and absolutely beautiful. They have a bunch of different areas you can utilize for one price (outside area, the barn, and indoor/outdoor pavilion). The food is amazing, you really can't go wrong with any of the JAM catering venues! They also include a lot in their packages - wedding cake, furniture, linens, etc. so you don't have to worry about rentals. 
  • How many guests are you expecting? My venue is Aldie Mansion and some similar venues that I saw were Ridley Creek State Park's Hunting Hill Mansion, Greystone Hall, and Merion Tribute House. But out of all these, Aldie Mansion had the biggest ballroom capacity holding up to 220 people with a dance floor. 

I would search on Partyspace.com like the above poster recommended. You can choose by venue type and location which makes things easier. It will also give you general information for each venue at the bottom of the page (accommodations, capacity, indoor/outdoor space, etc.). Hope you find your venue!