Wedding Woes

FRIDAY!

Half day for me.  Massage time this afternoon. 

@Heffalump. Woozle's v-day letter has like this:  

Could she BE any sweeter?

Tomorrow is bday dinner at my parent's house.  Working a little OT this weekend and then, nothing else is really going on.  :D 

What's up for the weekend?  

Re: FRIDAY!

• I plan to sleep all weekend.  This exhaustion is seriously like none other.  It feels like my brain has completely turned itself off, and like people are communicating with me in a foreign language.  I think I'm just burned out, but I can't take any time off until mid-April (if I'm lucky).  Also, I have cramps, which are making me grumpy.  And we were out of coffee this morning.

I am going to Sam's Club after work to stock up on essentials, and then DH and I are going to try to get the dog door tomorrow (again).  Maybe Twiggy will stop badgering us if he can go in and out freely.  Right now, he oscillates between wanting to be outside and tearing back inside in a panic to find out if we've abandoned him.  He has bounced around so many homes in his short life that it's hard to be upset with him, but I do get tired of opening and closing the back door.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I'm exhausted. H woke up in the middle of the night (he's normally a sound sleeper), but got up and was making a ton of noise, so I woke up. I sleep terrible and could not fall back asleep for hours. So I'm dragging today, not prepared for classes at all. 

Car is getting worked on, just maintenance, but hopefully nothing else pops up. I did receive the notice that there is a recall out on it, but no fix yet. Awesome. 

Hoping my Friday picks up a bit. 
  • Not a whole lot last night. We're trying to get tax stuff together, so we can file sooner than later.

Told M last night that he needs to get that basement swept either tonight or tomorrow morning because I have shit I wanna do while he's out. I'm hoping he'll actually do it.
    He's also gotta put up that curtain rod. I'm not putting up curtains because we don't get much light in our bedroom and zero direct sunlight. In nicer weather, the tree in front creates a lot of shade. I might just get a nice valance curtain.

I have to have a serious conversation about M job hunting. We've done "the baby budget" to see how much day care is - approx - and how much I'd get while on maternity leave - approx also - and he needs to make more in order to pay for house stuff.
    What we each put aside per pay for mortgage + property taxes + condo fees is same amount as daycare.
    {ex: we put aside around $350/pay, the home daycare fee is about $225/week - slightly more but I already have that budgeted}

The conversation has to happen, and he needs to understand if for whatever reason I got pregnant now, we'd be fucked financially. I can only save so much.
  • I think I've ended up with a stomach bug.  So I'm home today.  Blerg.

Betsey's protein levels only went up with her latest bloodwork.  This most likely means her kidneys are already failing.  We have about a week of medicine to give her to see how she responds and gauge how bad it is.  Vet said if she were human, she would be on dialysis and the transplant list already. :(  So it may just be us keeping her as comfortable as possible.  My poor girl.  
  • I think I've ended up with a stomach bug.  So I'm home today.  Blerg.

Betsey's protein levels only went up with her latest bloodwork.  This most likely means her kidneys are already failing.  We have about a week of medicine to give her to see how she responds and gauge how bad it is.  Vet said if she were human, she would be on dialysis and the transplant list already. :(  So it may just be us keeping her as comfortable as possible.  My poor girl.  

I hope you feel better soon, and vibes for Betsey.
  • Happy Friday!

Came home from work last night to find a gigantic hawk perched about 10 feet away from me. That's probably the closest I've ever been to one in the wild. It sat there for a few minutes and posed for pictures. So cool.

Not much going on here today. I'm super tired. Our system is down so we're all just sitting around. Cool.

I don't have any plans tonight other than working out (maybe) and watching TV.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to a LulaRoe party. Then lunch with 2 of my best friends. Then birthday dinner for my mom. DH is driving up for it and she is so giddy over that :) it's really cute.

Mom and I were going to go get tattoos this weekend too, but I can't get ahold of the guy that usually does them for us. I guess it will have to wait for another time.

I'm hoping to relax all day on Sunday.

• @OliveOilsMom I'm sorry you're sick :( I'm sure having a stomach bug while pregnant is awful. I'm sorry about Betsey as well. Hugs.

• @VarunaTT those earrings are very pretty!  Happy anniversary.

We have science class this morning, but I don't want to do anything else.

Tomorrow morning we're all going to a show at the planetarium.  Tomorrow afternoon M2 and my mom are going to Disney on Ice.  DH and I are taking the boys to a college basketball game. 

Sunday MIL and gMIL are coming over to bring the kids some Christmas presents and see the cats.  I'm trying not to be annoyed the sFIL is skipping 6let's First Communion because it will be draft day.
  • @thefanciestbeckler I'm obsessed with LLR.  It helps that I keep winning stuff in the giveaways!

@OliveOilsMom I'm sorry to hear about Betsey.  Poor girl!

My cough is still keeping me up at night and, well, producing, so I just called to see if my real doctor can get me in today.  I'm over this cough.  I'm also WFH so the guy and girl are taking turns on my lap.

This weekend we're having dinner at H's aunts for MIL's birthday and that's it!  I want to do something since I've been a dud for the last two weekends thanks to being sick but don't know what.
  • @OliveOIlsMom, I'm so sorry to hear about Betsey.

I woke up with a headache this morning and Aleve didn't help at all.  At least today is my half day.  I have a few short errands to run and then I can go home and take a nap.  Hopefully it will be gone when I wake up.

Mystery lunch shop tomorrow with H.  All the gourmet sausages and beer for me.

Sunday will be mellow.

Right now I'm stalking my boss to ask for vacation time off.  Frick!!!  It's like...he's in his office with someone.  I check back a few minutes later.  He's gone.  I check back a few minutes later.  He's in his office someone else.  Luckily my office isn't too far from his.  Though, most of the time, I wouldn't describe that as lucky, lmao.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love LLR @thefanciestbeckler and @kimmiinthemitten. I'm wearing an Irma with dress pants and a sweater today! Seriously, I can't get enough. 
  • Kitty is totally normal today, yay!  

@OliveOilsMom I am so sorry about Betsey. =(  

My parents are coming over for dinner tonight and then I think we're just relaxing tomorrow.  Sunday is SO's mom's b-day dinner.  He's supposed to go up to the mountains this weekend to stay Saturday night and visit, but he's trying to get out of it.  I'm excited to have a relatively restful weekend after all of the travel last week.  

• Hugs to you @OliveOilsMom!

Tonight we're taking Moose to the vet. He has an ear infection and his hot spots are back.  :/ Depending on when we get done, we're going to our usual Friday night meeting.

Tomorrow and Sunday, we're going to a couples retreat at the VA. I had already had a lot of plans for the weekend, but we need this. Whenever and however we get married, I want us to be as strong as we can be.
  • Thanks for the well wishes all.  I'm over the worst of it now, just trying to eat for the baby is a chore though.

And unfortunately, Betsey just seems to be declining further.  We will take her back to the vet tomorrow, but I don't know that there is anything they can do for her, sadly.  Right now she is sleeping and we are keeping her as comfortable as possible, getting lots of pets from H & I.
  • Thanks for the well wishes all.  I'm over the worst of it now, just trying to eat for the baby is a chore though.

And unfortunately, Betsey just seems to be declining further.  We will take her back to the vet tomorrow, but I don't know that there is anything they can do for her, sadly.  Right now she is sleeping and we are keeping her as comfortable as possible, getting lots of pets from H & I.
    Just catching up on all the news I missed last week when I was in training and I just want to tell you how much my heart goes out to you, @OliveOilsMom

You and Betsey and your whole fam are in my thoughts. If I knew you IRL I'd be over at your house with some snacks and movies in solidarity in a heartbeat. Hugs for you. And smooches/belly rubs for Betsey.