Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Four Months for Photos?

I'm hoping this is the best board to post this on! My husband and I absolutely loved our photographer and have been anxiously awaiting our pictures. Well, our wedding was September 17, and all of a sudden four and a half months have passed without a word on our photos. Our engagement pictures took quite awhile to come back, I think about a month and a half if I remember correctly, and I know she does a lot of editing, so we weren't really worried at first. Today, I took a look on her website and it says clients can expect their disk within about two months. This alarmed me a little. I was hoping to here if anyone else shared this experience and , if so, how you handled it. We aren't angry or impatient, we really just want to know what's taking so long. Thanks in advance!

Re: Four Months for Photos?

• What does your contract say?
  • Our contract says "Image processing and USB creation and delivery take approximately 4 to 6 weeks. During high volume periods, time to deliver may take longer."
  • I'm hoping this is the best board to post this on! My husband and I absolutely loved our photographer and have been anxiously awaiting our pictures. Well, our wedding was September 17, and all of a sudden four and a half months have passed without a word on our photos. Our engagement pictures took quite awhile to come back, I think about a month and a half if I remember correctly, and I know she does a lot of editing, so we weren't really worried at first. Today, I took a look on her website and it says clients can expect their disk within about two months. This alarmed me a little. I was hoping to here if anyone else shared this experience and , if so, how you handled it. We aren't angry or impatient, we really just want to know what's taking so long. Thanks in advance!
    When you called them what did they say?
  • @justsie I have not called her yet. Honestly, I was hoping for a bit of advice before doing so, which is why  I posted here. I have a bit of social anxiety and like to prepare myself before heading into a new situation.
  • @justsie I have not called her yet. Honestly, I was hoping for a bit of advice before doing so, which is why  I posted here. I have a bit of social anxiety and like to prepare myself before heading into a new situation.
    I would call and ask if she had a timeline of when you can expect your photos. Say that your contract said 4-6 weeks and you understand that high volume can extend that, but now you're 4 months past and you're really looking forward to seeing them. And go from there. 

I would also recommend after your phone call following up with an email restating whatever you agreed on so there's a paper trail.