Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Would this be ok? Night before...

Ok, so I thought I would run something by you guys.  We are getting married in October.  We've been engaged for over two years and set the date not long after getting engaged knowing I was trying to get into school and we would not know when it would work out.  Luckily I was able to get in to my program right away, which is great.  However, because I am in a demanding program, I will only be able to take a couple of hours at the end of the day on the Friday before our wedding and they have agreed to let me have the Monday after the wedding off as well.  I will also have a 3 hour exam the morning before the wedding.

We have just found out that due to another wedding at our venue the night before, we won't be able to have a rehearsal.  Which is fine.  People are adults and know how to walk down an aisle and stand in a line.  I cannot do it the Thursday night because of the big exam the next day and most of our family and friends are coming in from out of town so they will not be in sooner than Thursday.  I don't mind not having a rehearsal at all and was actually thinking it may be nice to have dinner with my sister and bridal party if they want because I'm not going to be able to do a bachelorette or anything that they have offered due to time constraints with school.  It won't be a crazy night, just a quick dinner to see everyone and say hi.  

I have some other friends coming in from out of town.  Again, because of time constraints, we won't be doing anything after the wedding to see people from out of town after the wedding.  I would love to get to spend a little more time with some of these friends.... so here is the actual question.  Is it okay to just see if people would want to do dinner the night before?  Nothing hosted, just inviting some friends out to dinner like any other night to get to spend a little extra time?  

Or is this something I would have to host?

Ugh, I hope that made sense... Thanks!

Re: Would this be ok? Night before...

• Options
    Thank you!