Wedding Woes

Week 4 thread

1235»

Re: Week 4 thread

• Oh, Missouri, I can hate you real easy sometimes:

"Bridget Van Means of Thrive Express Women's Healthcare reflected on the recent presidential election in her speech.

"We know he's a little naughty," Van Means said of President Donald Trump, "but he loves the babies. God's people came out (this election). It was awesome. Catholics, Protestants, the Ku Klux Klan — everyone came out for the babies.""

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/news/state_news/midwest-march-for-life-draws-hundreds-to-jefferson-city/article_2abaa5e8-eb13-11e6-a2df-2f2798861cc7.html?utm_content=buffer1e304&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

• VarunaTT said:
    Oh, Missouri, I can hate you real easy sometimes:

"Bridget Van Means of Thrive Express Women's Healthcare reflected on the recent presidential election in her speech.

"We know he's a little naughty," Van Means said of President Donald Trump, "but he loves the babies. God's people came out (this election). It was awesome. Catholics, Protestants, the Ku Klux Klan — everyone came out for the babies.""

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/news/state_news/midwest-march-for-life-draws-hundreds-to-jefferson-city/article_2abaa5e8-eb13-11e6-a2df-2f2798861cc7.html?utm_content=buffer1e304&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Gotta love people who aren't afraid to tell a reporter their full name and support of the KKK.  Thanks for letting us all know who you are.  Hope your organization is now slammed with concerns over having a spokesperson who is openly racist.

• http://theslot.jezebel.com/utah-goper-wants-everyone-to-forget-about-equal-pay-al-1792475674

Equal Pay bill has a serious downside

Editor:

Here’s the problem with the Equal Pay bill being considered by the Utah Legislature: Traditionally men have earned more than women in the workplace because they are considered the primary breadwinners for families. They need to make enough to support their families and allow the Mother to remain in the home to raise and nurture the children.

If businesses are forced to pay women the same as male earnings, that means they will have to reduce the pay for the men they employ, simple economics.

If that happens, then men will have an even more difficult time earning enough to support their families, which will mean more Mothers will be forced to leave the home (where they may prefer to be) to join the workforce to make up the difference.

And as even more women thus enter the workforce that creates more competition for jobs (even men’s jobs) and puts further downward pressure on the pay for all jobs, meaning more and more Mothers will be forced into the workforce. And that is bad for families and thus for all of society.

It’s a vicious cycle that only gets worse the more equality of pay is forced upon us. It’s a situation of well-meaning intentions, but negative unintended consequences.

We should encourage our Legislators to drop the whole notion. Let the marketplace determine what free-market forces should prevail. It is not the role of government to dictate to businesses what they should pay anyway, either as a Minimum Wage or Equal Pay for men and women.

James C. Green, Wasatch County GOP Vice-Chair

Heber City

• mrsconn23 said:
    http://theslot.jezebel.com/utah-goper-wants-everyone-to-forget-about-equal-pay-al-1792475674

Equal Pay bill has a serious downside

Editor:

Here’s the problem with the Equal Pay bill being considered by the Utah Legislature: Traditionally men have earned more than women in the workplace because they are considered the primary breadwinners for families. They need to make enough to support their families and allow the Mother to remain in the home to raise and nurture the children.

If businesses are forced to pay women the same as male earnings, that means they will have to reduce the pay for the men they employ, simple economics.

If that happens, then men will have an even more difficult time earning enough to support their families, which will mean more Mothers will be forced to leave the home (where they may prefer to be) to join the workforce to make up the difference.

And as even more women thus enter the workforce that creates more competition for jobs (even men’s jobs) and puts further downward pressure on the pay for all jobs, meaning more and more Mothers will be forced into the workforce. And that is bad for families and thus for all of society.

It’s a vicious cycle that only gets worse the more equality of pay is forced upon us. It’s a situation of well-meaning intentions, but negative unintended consequences.

We should encourage our Legislators to drop the whole notion. Let the marketplace determine what free-market forces should prevail. It is not the role of government to dictate to businesses what they should pay anyway, either as a Minimum Wage or Equal Pay for men and women.

James C. Green, Wasatch County GOP Vice-Chair

Heber City

I just threw up everywhere. Fuck you, James C. Green. 
  • The fact that "mothers" is capitalized gave me the biggest heebie jeebies. 

• If you want to have some fun.  This link is a poll on how much we can trust the media.  It is poorly written and one question I had to re-read so many times it was making my head hurt!

https://gop.com/mainstream-media-accountability-survey/

Downside is that you need to put your full name and email.  They will also then solicit you for a donation to TP's re-election (hork), but you can ignore that part.

And this is why I have a junk email address that I never even check!

ETA:  what misleading questions - do you trust Fox/CNN/MSNBC to report the news fairly?  Define fairly.
    They clearly didn't ask a social scientist to design the questions. 
    I responded with "Other:  I think the news should be factual not fair."

I chose "Other" for this question: Do you believe that if Republicans were obstructing Obama like Democrats are doing to President Trump, the mainstream media would attack Republicans?

My answer was that the Republicans did obstruct Obama.  That probably made my whole set of answers thrown out as a paid protesting Democrat!

• I just read this to Hubs and he said I owe my colleagues an apology for driving down their wages by being a woman in a mans job.

I wonder what he thinks about male teachers....hmmm.
  • I just read this to Hubs and he said I owe my colleagues an apology for driving down their wages by being a woman in a mans job.

I wonder what he thinks about male teachers....hmmm.
    Well obviously male teachers exist, and rightfully so because they are teaching our children The Ways of the World. Female teachers should be paid less because, small brains, and they cannot possibly know The Ways of the World as men do.

//end sarcasm
  • Annnd...trump just officially called major news outlets the enemy. Ugh. Plus Pruitt was confirmed today. 

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/17/business/trump-calls-the-news-media-the-enemy-of-the-people.html

• levioosa said:
    Annnd...trump just officially called major news outlets the enemy. Ugh. Plus Pruitt was confirmed today. 

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/17/business/trump-calls-the-news-media-the-enemy-of-the-people.html

How long will it be before he mandates government-controlled media like North Korea?