Wedding Etiquette Forum

Delayed thank you notes?

My son's birthday party was 2.5 weeks ago. . . . I am just getting to filling out his Thank yous now.  They should be done and in the mail tomorrow.  Am I way behind on this?  I feel terrible.  His aunt messaged me to ask if I got the card and check they sent when they were unable to attend the party.  We did, but I lumped that in with the thank you list to get them all done at once. . .. perhaps I should have sent that one separately as soon as we got the card and check?

Re: Delayed thank you notes?

• How much earlier did you get the card and check? If it was only a few days I think you're fine, but anymore than that may be should have sent out a thank you when you received the card. But, what's done is done and you're sending them out now. 
  • How much earlier did you get the card and check? If it was only a few days I think you're fine, but anymore than that may be should have sent out a thank you when you received the card. But, what's done is done and you're sending them out now. 

The party was the 28th.  I got the card and check on February 1.
  • kaos16 said:
    How much earlier did you get the card and check? If it was only a few days I think you're fine, but anymore than that may be should have sent out a thank you when you received the card. But, what's done is done and you're sending them out now. 

The party was the 28th.  I got the card and check on February 1.

I think you're fine.

• Yah, totally fine. I was thinking she sent the card well in advance, but no, you're good. 
  • It sounds like you're fine. You got the card and check a little early.
  • I think you are fine. Lots of people don't open birthday cards/gifts until the day of so I don't think you were out of line.

How old is your son? Could he help with thank you notes?

• kaos16 said:
    ernursej said:

I think you are fine. Lots of people don't open birthday cards/gifts until the day of so I don't think you were out of line.

How old is your son? Could he help with thank you notes?

He's one, so any help from him at this point would really just include drooling on the cards!
    Definitely not helpful!