Wedding Woes

If you're happy, stop googling

Dear Prudence,
My boyfriend and I have been together for six years. Lately sex has become sporadic. First i was on my period, then he had to work early, then we were too tired to do it or not in the mood and it just spiralled from there. Now we’re looking at around six months without. But I’m OK with it. I’m happy with just hugs and kisses and curling up at night. I have spoken to my boyfriend about this dry spell and he seems OK too, though he voiced he would like more. Are we just an odd couple or should I be worried? I feel very happy right now but if I google every result says we’re on the verge of a breakup because we’re not having sex.

—Is No Sex Bad?

Re: If you're happy, stop googling

• Personally, even if we were content about it I'd still wonder what was up. My thought would be to still talk to the bf about it, not in 'heavy conversation' style but more "are we good without?" kinda deal.

Also, depends on how the sex drive was before. That might be a bigger concern if you're going from often to not often.
  • Put away the Google.  Instead, if you are worried, but the moves on your BF.  Some couples need to work to get back in a regular sex routine, as unromantic as that may sound.

So set an alarm for 30 minutes earlier than BFs work alarm and have some fun.  Or maybe have a cup of coffee (half-caff, whatever) so you aren't tired and can have some fun before bedtime.  Or invite BF into the shower as soon as he gets home from work - dinner can wait!  Sex will go back into being a routine part of life.

• LW needs to put away Mr. Google, and talk to his/her boyfriend about the dry spell and how they can both spice things up. It may be that a weekend getaway is just what the LW needs to rekindle things.