Wedding Woes
Options

SUPER Happy Friday!!

Re: SUPER Happy Friday!!

• Options
    hugs @VarunaTT

6let update- he does indeed have hearing issues.  He had his tonsils adenoids out at 3.5.  It's not unheard of but not common for them to grow back.  His grew back and started to cut of the tube that drains fluid from the ear.  Doc doesn't know if it's just adenoids or if the tubes are also compromised so he's scheduled for a CT scan on the 27th.  He'll be having some sort of surgery, but we won't know until the scan.  After that his hearing should go right back to normal.

Apparently two factors contribute to adenoid regrowth- the younger you had them removed and reflux.  He has reflux.  Yay for my goofy kid.
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten  so when you file taxes, you can't even claim child care!? that's crazy!
    Up here, basically because M makes more money he would claim the kid and I would claim the daycare costs
  • Options
    @sparklepants41  baby sparkle isn't even born and you're looking at preschools! lol How come so early? Also boo work, yay dinner!
    Tell me about it - I already have the jalapeno-sized fetus on TWO waitlists for preschools near us that are booked through October (Beans would enroll for the infant room at the end of October). But yeah, in the Boston area, the really good preschools fill up fast!! It's crazy!
    That sounds like such a weird conversation. "Hi my future child is about the size of a jalapeno but we need to look at your daycare."
    Okay that is just creepy. That is pretty much WORD FOR WORD what I said to the manager of a daycare two days ago. She knows what this market is like, so she just laughed and said people usually wait until the baby is an avocado, but she liked my proactive nature LOL
    "I'll be back as a new food growing in me" LMFAO
    And tbh if I had to do that while growing a child, I'd say that too. I'd be lying if I said there was no snark or sarcasm ...
  • Options
    Heffa - If you like strawberries, dried strawberries are amazing! They are almost like gummy bears!  I buy them in the bulk section at Wegmans.  I've not been to a Trader Joe's but I feel like they may have them too!
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten  so when you file taxes, you can't even claim child care!? that's crazy!
    Up here, basically because M makes more money he would claim the kid and I would claim the daycare costs
    Child care and student loan interest can be deducted up to a certain income threshold, and even then it's proportional.

@VarunaTT I forgot to send you hugs in my last post.  But if you're working towards 'meh' that sounds like an improvement over the last few months.  Hope the day flies by for you!
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2017
    Wha?  I claimed daycare for the kids.  You are capped at a $600 tax break (per kid, I think.  I never paid daycare at the same time for both kids) and it's basically a percentage of what you paid (since DefConn went to daycare for only 6 months last year, I didn't get the full $600 credit based on what we paid).   You can also choose to do a daycare flex spending account, if your employer offers it.   The money comes out pre-tax, so you can't claim daycare on your taxes if you go that route.  We never did it because of the fact that you are capped and we'd run out not even halfway through the year, and the money would still be coming out of our check.  And in the end, it wasn't that much of a tax savings. 
  • Options
    Child care and student loan interest can be deducted up to a certain income threshold, and even then it's proportional.

@VarunaTT I forgot to send you hugs in my last post.  But if you're working towards 'meh' that sounds like an improvement over the last few months.  Hope the day flies by for you!
    That's ridiculous! Are you allowed to push it to another year? Like if you have enough deductions for one year can you push extra deductions to the next?
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten oh, not even. That's in Northern California. I'm in so cal. But we don't get a lot of rain so people tend to freak out. And we're supposed to get like 2 months of rain in a day and a half, so that is a cause for concern too. I wish we had better reservoirs here because that much rain is amazing and I feel like we're just wasting a resource. 

• Options
    @mrsconn23 I don't have kids so I don't fully understand that credit, so maybe I misspoke and they only receive a small amount back for that credit but I know their income is considered too high for the student loan credit and I thought child care too.  Neither of their jobs offer flex spending for anything either, including health insurance even though BIL works for an insurance agency.    
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 I don't have kids so I don't fully understand that credit, so maybe I misspoke and they only receive a small amount back for that credit but I know their income is considered too high for the student loan credit and I thought child care too.  Neither of their jobs offer flex spending for anything either, including health insurance even though BIL works for an insurance agency.    
    I have no idea on the income thresholds for the credits.  For us, the daycare thing is now 'moo' because DefConn's in school and stays home with me on breaks.  We may put him in camps this summer, but we won't receive a tax break for those fees.   

I actually told DH not too long ago that we need to revisit what we claim and probably up our cash donations to charity going forward to balance out the loss of daycare and also, that the kiddo's going to be 18 soon and therefore we can no longer claim him.  My goal is always to break about as even as possible.  I don't rely on a tax return, but having to pay fucking sucks. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    I have no idea on the income thresholds for the credits.  For us, the daycare thing is now 'moo' because DefConn's in school and stays home with me on breaks.  We may put him in camps this summer, but we won't receive a tax break for those fees.   

I actually told DH not too long ago that we need to revisit what we claim and probably up our cash donations to charity going forward to balance out the loss of daycare and also, that the kiddo's going to be 18 soon and therefore we can no longer claim him.  My goal is always to break about as even as possible.  I don't rely on a tax return, but having to pay fucking sucks. 
    If your plan year is 1/1, it would be too late for this year, but you can use a dependent care FSA to pay for summer camps, as long as it's not overnight. Just a thought since you don't qualify for the credit but it would still give you a potential tax benefit.
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

Seriously? They just upped the tax breaks for kids to be put into after school activities {mostly physical activity}
  • Options
    I'm volunteering this weekend at the Houston Food Bank (one of the country's biggest) and working on several writing and research projects. Hopefully I don't have to come into the office this weekend.
  • Options
    Yay Friday!  H has a long weekend so he's home and all morning persony, and I'm home and like leave me alone.

Not much this weekend, a going away party for a friend who is moving to Florida that I did a poor job of planning so we're bar hopping.

@charlotte989875 how long are you in Buffalo for?  Have fun with your sissy and good luck with the interview.

@sparklepants41 my sis started looking way early too in Florida.  @MissKittyDanger we were just talking this morning about how she really hope Trump follows through with his day care promises.  Currently, they don't qualify to write their expenses off of on their taxes.

@levioosa Are you close to the dam that they evacuated over earlier in the week?
    Just until Sunday. I've got to comeback back to work in between now and the interview so there's will be a lot of driving between Toledo and Buffalo over the next few weeks. 
  • Options
    Heffa - If you like strawberries, dried strawberries are amazing! They are almost like gummy bears!  I buy them in the bulk section at Wegmans.  I've not been to a Trader Joe's but I feel like they may have them too!

I will definitely check those out.  I feel like I've seen them there, so hopefully I'll be lucky.

I'm going to see if I can get chocolate covered sunflower seeds to toss in DS's trail mix, so there is something non-chocolate, even if it's hidden in chocolate.  That boy is a chocoholic like his momma. :)

@mrsconn23, I saw that in the Fearless Flyer and wondered!  Okay, it's going on my list.  DH is a peanut butter fiend so he may like it, too.

Off to my 1:00 meeting, which means I went to lunch earlier than usual so I could be back earlier than usual.  Stop messing with my lunch!  ::shakes fist::
  • Options
    TMI time: I just got my period, ugh.  I knew it was coming, but still.  

Don't read further preggos...

But I have to bitch for a second...Almost 6 years on and I'm still reminded my kid's giant head ruined my vagina.  I have not been able to wear tampons since I gave birth because of how they sit in my vagina (they push on my episiotomy scar and it's super uncomfortable...can't do certain sex positions for the same reason).  I just tried one today and it was a big, fat "NOPE!"...STILL.   I didn't realize that I'm out of liners, but I found a pad that's for heavy period days...which I'm lucky that my periods aren't heavy (thank you IUD)...but it would be nice to wear a fucking tampon instead.  

It's a good thing the DefConn is damn adorable. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

But I have to bitch for a second...Almost 6 years on and I'm still reminded my kid's giant head ruined my vagina.  I have not been able to wear tampons since I gave birth because of how they sit in my vagina (they push on my episiotomy scar and it's super uncomfortable...can't do certain sex positions for the same reason).  I just tried one today and it was a big, fat "NOPE!"...STILL.   I didn't realize that I'm out of liners, but I found a pad that's for heavy period days...which I'm lucky that my periods aren't heavy (thank you IUD)...but it would be nice to wear a fucking tampon instead.  

have you heard of DivaCup? they make different sizes. My friend who's had 4 kids swears by it {price and how it fits/sits}
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

have you heard of DivaCup? they make different sizes. My friend who's had 4 kids swears by it {price and how it fits/sits}
    Yeah, I have and that's really not my thing.  ;)   I have thought off and on about looking into those thinx undies.  
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:

Yeah, I have and that's really not my thing.  ;)   I have thought off and on about looking into those thinx undies.  
    Ahh ... I've heard of them and I'm curious but the idea weirds me out lmao! If you get them you must share your wisdom!
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Ahh ... I've heard of them and I'm curious but the idea weirds me out lmao! If you get them you must share your wisdom!
    Please let me know how those work, as I too am curious.  I don't think I could get away with them on heavier days though (((TMI I am a heavy/clotted bleeder))).
  • Options
    A girl I went to HS with tried them and was open about it on FB...she loved them, but I'm leery of them too.  It just sounds weird.

I can't imagine not being able to wear a tampon, that sucks @mrsconn23.
  • Options
    Hey, WW! 

Booked three tours of senior apartments and retirement communities this weekend (two tomorrow, one Sunday). Also going to be helping with bingo at a nursing home, meeting my sponsor, and possibly going to my drum circle. In between, I need to work out and get back to my book club book (A Fighting Chance by Elizabeth Warren). I just started it last night, and book club meets a week from tomorrow. If the weather holds, we may take the dog to the park.
  • Options
    Hugs to you, @VarunaTT!
  • Options
    Hugs for you, @VarunaTT! Crappy anniversaries really suck.