Wedding Woes
Options

How is it week 5

2»

Re: How is it week 5

• Options
    As someone that took a research class or two, that survey gave me the eye twitches. 
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    I think one of the things that's really bothering me is that Republicans are behaving (and this isn't the first time) like, "We won, shove our agenda down the throats of everyone b/c majority rule."  Well no, that's no actually what democracy is.  Democracy is majority rule with protection of minority rights.  Republicans, for better or worse, in leadership positions are supposed to try and represent all of us, not just the ones we like.

And that kills me, b/c I think Dems (at least the leadership I do look up to), really do try to represent everyone as best they can, while protecting minority rights.  They're not always great at it and I think they compromise WAY too much, but they try.  Obama bent over backwards in compromise.  Compromise is what's been pushing Dems more to the right over the years.  

I just don't know where to go from here.  

Can we divorce the Republicans?  Is that what California is trying to do?
    We offered to take California. There's a bunch of Canucks that live there anyway. We'll take the west coast.
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    I think one of the things that's really bothering me is that Republicans are behaving (and this isn't the first time) like, "We won, shove our agenda down the throats of everyone b/c majority rule."  Well no, that's no actually what democracy is.  Democracy is majority rule with protection of minority rights.  Republicans, for better or worse, in leadership positions are supposed to try and represent all of us, not just the ones we like.

And that kills me, b/c I think Dems (at least the leadership I do look up to), really do try to represent everyone as best they can, while protecting minority rights.  They're not always great at it and I think they compromise WAY too much, but they try.  Obama bent over backwards in compromise.  Compromise is what's been pushing Dems more to the right over the years.  

We offered to take California. There's a bunch of Canucks that live there anyway. We'll take the west coast.
    Can you take New England too? Please?
    I will :)
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:

Can you take New England too? Please?
    Sure, and New York!
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:

Yup, I vote we take the whole west coast and Hawaii!
  • Options
    As someone living in Texas I know you guys don't want us- we suck. I'm hoping maybe we can all hole up in one city and survive walking dead at the prison style. 
  • Options
    justsie said:
    As someone living in Texas I know you guys don't want us- we suck. I'm hoping maybe we can all hole up in one city and survive walking dead at the prison style. 
    You guys couldn't handle our gun laws :smile:

I actually have a friend up here who is from Texas (she's married to a local and works up here as she's in an in demand industry) and the one thing she misses the most is true Tex-mex food, we only have Mexican food up here
  • Options
    justsie said:

I actually have a friend up here who is from Texas (she's married to a local and works up here as she's in an in demand industry) and the one thing she misses the most is true Tex-mex food, we only have Mexican food up here
    I also hear real Texas BBQ can't be beat!

• Options
    This seriously makes me want to stockpile novels and textbooks. 

• Options
    SP29 said:
    justsie said:

Neither can the fried okra that comes with it.
    "Marriage is so disruptive to one's social circle." - Mr. Woodhouse
  • Options
    SP29 said:
    justsie said:

Neither can the fried okra that comes with it.
    If you like sweet BBQ I'd be agreeable, but I know some people who don't (????????) 
    I've never been a okra fan. I also was born in Louisiana and cannot handle spicy foods. Basically, I shame my heritage. 
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2017
    SP29 said:
    justsie said:

You heard 100% correctly.

Actually, the politics are the one bad thing about Texas. Get rid of that and it rocks!
  • Options
    My grandparents are TX transplants by way of Chicago, then Pittsburgh, before they retired to San Antonio over 20 years ago.  My grandfather has perfected brisket...haven't had anything close to it anywhere else.