Wedding Woes

Spring/Summer Makeup Vs Fall/Winter Makeup {and skin care!}

Curious, but what things do you change up when the seasons change?

For myself, when it's more spring I tend to reach for lighter things as the heat rises.
Lip glosses or more vibrant lipsticks. More colour as always and I swap my moisturizers.

What do you do!?

Re: Spring/Summer Makeup Vs Fall/Winter Makeup {and skin care!}

• I honestly don't change much of anything. I might bump my nighttime moisturizer up to something heavier if the winter dries my skin out. But the last few years our winter has been more like spring, so that hasn't even been necessary.

I think I gravitate more towards brighter lip colors in the Spring/Summer, but I'll honestly wear whatever I'm feeling pretty much any time of year. Lol.

• @thefanciestbeckler  I've got oily/combo skin so I have to change my moisturizer. I pretty much do same with lip colours, but I feel weird wearing a deeper/darker colour in summer lmao :P unless it's like end of summer when it's half fall.

And boo you and your spring-like winter!
  • Pretty much I add more sunblock and bug repellent.  I use a moisturizer with SPF but in summer I use an actual sunblock too.
  • Like @fanciestbeckler, I also live in a temperate climate.  My face moisturizer stays the same all year.  Though I do need to use more lotion for my legs during the winter.

I also wear the same make-up colors all year long.  I tend to keep my make-up pretty light anyway.  But that is especially true in the summer.  It is so gross and miserably hot here, I won't wear anything but lipstick.  And even that needs to be moist, almost like chapstick.  No mattes.  Sometimes I'll also use a powder concealer.  Not even for the coverage, just for something to soak up the sweat and oil...and I don't even have oily skin.

You all up north stay holed in during the winter.  I stay holed in during the summer, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Like @fanciestbeckler, I also live in a temperate climate.  My face moisturizer stays the same all year.  Though I do need to use more lotion for my legs during the winter.

I also wear the same make-up colors all year long.  I tend to keep my make-up pretty light anyway.  But that is especially true in the summer.  It is so gross and miserably hot here, I won't wear anything but lipstick.  And even that needs to be moist, almost like chapstick.  No mattes.  Sometimes I'll also use a powder concealer.  Not even for the coverage, just for something to soak up the sweat and oil...and I don't even have oily skin.

You all up north stay holed in during the winter.  I stay holed in during the summer, lol.

So much this @short+sassy :sweat_smile:

I stay holed up in summer when it's +40 with humidex lmao
  • VarunaTT said:

But really, when I do my face, I use all sorts of colors in eyeshadow, eyeliner, lipstick, etc.  It just depends how I feel, so I can't really say the season determines anything.  i'm just as likely to wear my blood red NARS in June as January.

I have found that I'm having to up my moisturizer a bit during the winter now, but it's more "I actually have to use it" rather than "control the oil".
    I love you for that gif :')
  • 6fsn said:
    Pretty much I add more sunblock and bug repellent.  I use a moisturizer with SPF but in summer I use an actual sunblock too.
    Have you checked some tinted moisturizers? I know NARS has one with a good SPF count
  • 6fsn said:
    Pretty much I add more sunblock and bug repellent.  I use a moisturizer with SPF but in summer I use an actual sunblock too.
    Have you checked some tinted moisturizers? I know NARS has one with a good SPF count
    I love tinted moisturizer! I use Laura Mercier's oil free tinted moisturizer year-round. I think it has SPF 20...
  • I use a heavier moisturizer in the winter. Eye cream stays the same. I also don't normally use a CC in the summer but a lighter weight tinted moisturizer. I tend to wear less makeup in the summer and lighter colors.
  • I use a heavier moisturizer in the winter. Eye cream stays the same. I also don't normally use a CC in the summer but a lighter weight tinted moisturizer. I tend to wear less makeup in the summer and lighter colors.
    What eye cream are you using? I'm always curious on what works.

Also, if you're looking for something light for summer {assuming you're oily/combo skin} Benefit "Bigger Than BB Cream" is amazing! Liquid to powder and controls oil :)
  • My eye cream and daily moisturizer (w/ SPF) stay the same, but in the winter I also use moisturizer after my night shower- when it's cold my skin is dry and needs it, but if it's warm or hot/humid, my skin is oily.
    I don't wear makeup unless it's a special occasion- regardless of time of year I'll use mascara and pink lip gloss (I'm pretty boring). 
  • 6fsn said:
    I use a tinted moisturizer with an spf year round too.  Betweeen the pool, zoo, and sporting events we're pretty much outside from sunup to sundown and it just doesn't cut it. 
    What eye cream are you using? I'm always curious on what works.

Also, if you're looking for something light for summer {assuming you're oily/combo skin} Benefit "Bigger Than BB Cream" is amazing! Liquid to powder and controls oil :)
    Not oily at all even in the summer. I'm using an algenist eye cream. I like it. Kind of pricey but it lasts a long time.
  • In the winter I put on a thicker night cream and skip primer (I haven't found one that I like for wintertime) and I love a dark vampy lip or darker eyes with a neutral lip. In the summer I switch to a thinner night cream, add an SPF moisturizer before I put on my primer and then my make up. I tend to stick with more themes in the summer months (like date night gets dark eyes and a dark lip, or I'm more light handed all around). I find I don't like to have specific features stand out as much. 
  • I do the same thing year round. Moisturizer with SPF day/night, a tinted skin corrector cream in the day under my cover up.

But I'm not very adventurous with my make up, so I stick to the neutral colours I know look good on me. I'd like to be more adventurous, but it's just not something I'm "good" at. Always worried whether it's "too much" or just "bold!" (in a good way).
  • No changes for me.  My moisturizer has SPF, though it doesn't seem very useful in the winter.  And I usually only wear mascara, cos I'm too lazy/tired to get up any earlier to put more on.  

• I switch from full coverage foundation to a BB cream (once I get a tan that allows my face to have one consistent color) and drop the bronzer. But I'm olive so skin tone is key and it's awful in the winter.