Wedding Party

transportation help?

We are both getting ready at parents homes, with 7 on each side of bridal party. Parents will be going with me in my car to church. Wondering what should we do after the ceremony to the reception for our parents? We are going to have a coach bus bring our out of country family but I should probably get a car for our parents? Also can someone help me understand how pricing works. because we are seeing 3 or 4 hour price quotes. Our ceremony is approx 10 mins from where I will be, and 2 mins from where my fiance will be. Then we are not taking pictures in between, and the ceremony should only last 20 minutes. Our reception spot is about half an hour away from the ceremony. Are we still going to be charged a 3 hour rate per car? 

TIA ladies 

Re: transportation help?

• Uber or a pre-arranged taxi might be a good option in this case. A town car or limo rental usually has at least a 2 hour minimum on it. They will charge you for this 2 hours even if they are only taking you 10 minutes away. I assume you and the groom will be driving your car from the ceremony to reception? Do your parents have a car they could drive themselves to the ceremony in or is that not an option?
  • I agree that a cab/taxi/Uber would be the best. H and I took a cab to the church and to the reception when DD was married. I believe that is also what SIL's parents did. That being said, is there a reason parents can't ride in the coach with the OOC family? DD and SIL had a coach for the WP so that they could take pictures around the city which is why we didn't ride in the coach.
  • Uber Black
    *********************************************************************************