Wedding Woes

Happy Monday!!

My sister had the baby last night!! 4 weeks early, but everyone is healthy and doing well. No name yet (they were having a HARD time deciding), but she a has a bunch of hair, and everyone is super excited. 

Re: Happy Monday!!

• Congratulations, Auntie Charlotte!

I'm ready for a nap.  Which is probably bad.  The kids had a good time with their various goings on.  DS's first soccer game was so bad it was good.  He was too young for fall season, so he's among the youngest kids this time around, in the youngest division.  They pack several games onto one field, and at one point, the ball went out of bounds, ended up on another field, and all the kids followed.  So the other field had two balls and four teams in play.  Have you ever seen those animations of when two galaxies collide?  But DS had a good time, and he especially loved having a snack after.

After a lot of back and forth, we're meeting FIL and his wife in the mountains this weekend, and staying in a cabin Saturday night.  Which, I should be complaining about schlepping, but y'all know I love me some mountain time.  We're going to hike Grandfather Mountain Saturday, and FIL wants to have dinner at this restaurant we went to with them a couple of years ago.  Throw in a trip to the Mast General Store and some s'mores in the fire pit, and I'm a happy girl. 

I have a guy in from France Tues.-Thurs., and another guy from China Thurs. and Fri.  I'll be busy with the latter, but the former is from one of our sister companies, and this place isn't big on agendas or anything.  So I have no idea whether I'm meeting with him at some point or not.

• Congrats Auntie!!  Glad all are well!

Have fun in the mountains...were a month out from Denver and Rocky Mountain National Park and I can't wait!

Weekend was fun. Except yesterday when I sneezed I had a huge pain in my right ovary so now I'm freaked and overanalyzing. 

I'm also not ready for work. And need to get going. Adulting sucks. 

This morning I took advantage of Fabletics 2/24 leggings deal for new members. Anyone have any experience?
  • Good morning. 

The weekend was...something.  Teenagers are loud, stinky, and you want to murder them when they wake you up at 3am because they're being loud.  But overall, the kiddo's party went OK.  DH and I agreed that next time, it will be when the weather's warmer and we can force them to stay outside (and camp in the backyard).  

The kids are on spring break.  Of course it's storming like cuh-razy and I looked at the weather for the next 2 weeks, it's supposed to rain every.single.day.  

DH's grandpa got out of ICU and is back in the rehab place he's been at, but FIL seems to feel that his dad probably won't make any sort of real recovery.  :(

And in other news, DH's step-grandpa is in hospice and the nurses seem to feel it's an 'any day now' proposition.  And that whole situation on who would head out there (it's BFE North Carolina, a 13/14 hour drive) is kind of up for debate.  It may just be DH, BIL, and my kids.  SIL is on the fence about going  for a few reasons and it would be cheaper to send the guys in one car and getting one hotel room.  So we'll see...

Also, we likely need to postpone DefConn's bday party now.  It was supposed to be this Saturday, but I'd probably just move it to Easter weekend.  
  • I came down with a stomach bug Friday afternoon which put a damper on date night. We went, just wasn't as fun as we'd planned. We went and saw Beauty & the Beast and I want to see it again. Then, we went to dinner and I couldn't eat. 

Went to my mom's yesterday and found another house we really like in her addition. I was feeling better until this morning and the intestinal issues have returned. 

I think I must be pretty dehydrated because I tried to pump this morning and didn't even get an ounce of milk when I usually get 3-6. I'm exhausted, don't feel well, and pulled a muscle in my back. FML.
  • Congrats auntie Charlotte!!

I hope you guys have fun in the mountains, Heffa. I love me some mountain time too!

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well, DSC. 

Weekend was good! I had a chill night at home on Friday night. I made soup for dinner and baked oatmeal muffins to have for breakfast this week. 

Saturday morning I slept in and it was glorious. Then I had breakfast and relaxed on the couch for a bit. My brother called and wanted me to go out that night, so I worked out and got ready to go out. We had some really yummy food and I had way too much wine. It snuck up on me. We had a blast though. It's not often that my brother wants to hang out with me without his girlfriend around. 

Yesterday morning was church and then more hanging out with the dogs. I had a headache from a combination of wine and allergies so I didn't end up getting any cleaning done. 

DH went to one of the Smithsonians yesterday - the air and space one. Shocker. He said he's saving the rest for me though. I love that man. He figured I'd be least interested in that one (and he was right) so he went with all his pilot friends so they could geek out together over airplanes. 

Other than that not much going on here. 

• Congrats, Auntie @charlotte989875!!!

Saturday we met with our accountant to file our taxes - that's a HUGE load off our shoulders to have that taken care of! And then yesterday I went shopping with a few friends to help another friend start her registry and after we went to lunch. 

I got a lot of rest over the weekend, thanks to H cleaning the house and working on the nursery conversion so I could try to beat the nasty cold that I was fighting off last week - and it worked! I'm overall feeling better, just residually tired. 

I have a leftover salmon flatbread sandwich from lunch yesterday for dinner tonight, so I am looking forward to zipping home tonight!!
  • @mrsconn23, I'm sorry about mrconn's grandpa and step-grandpa.  Good luck with the logistics.

@DrillSergeantCat, I hope you feel better soon!  Re: Beauty and the Beast, do you think it would be too scary for an average 3 y.o.?  Not sure how real the wolves and things are.  My mom wants to see it with us, and Wooz is a definite, but I'm on the fence about DS.
  • @Heffalump the wolves were pretty real, but I don't think they were that scary. I think there were several children in the theater.
  • edited March 2017
    HAPPY SRING EQUINOX EVERYONE!!

congratulations Aunt @charlotte989875!!
    @Heffalump I hope someone got it on video, it sounds hilarious! @mrsconn23 I am proud of you for not murdering them. @DrillSergeantCat I hope you feel better soon.

I am trying to stay positive but am having a hard time. I want to get a job but am intimidated. My self esteem/confidence are really low right now, we are still broke (and probably will be for at least the first year) from moving here, we still don't have a car and, taxis are great from getting from A to B, I would love to just get lost a little.

Other than that, SSDD. One foot in front of the other. My dog is suppose to arrive this weekend but I haven't had an update since last week and, as far as I know, he still doesn't have a plane ticket. DH bought me a new helmet for my birthday and it arrived at his office yesterday so I can't wait to get that. I should be able to start riding again in April and that should seriously help with my mood. I also think I am going sign up for some classes at the yoga place nearby. I will have to pull out of my travel fund but since it doesn't look like a vacation is in the cards for us anytime soon I think self care now is more important.

ETA: At least it wasn't an adult tooth @banana468. Still sucks though, thank god for the whiskey fairy.
  • Giving in and buying a rain coat because I've realized that babies + umbrellas are too much work. I feel like I already have 10 jackets it is kind of ridiculous

Weekend was blah, baby is still sick which means he's not sleeping well which means I'm not sleeping well. Don't worry, H's sleep was not interrupted at all.  :D 
  • @charlotte989875  Congrats! :) You'll have to keep us posted when they choose a name. Yay for being healthy! :D 

@DrillSergeantCat  boo stomach problems :(

I'm slowly getting better from my cold. Today is a real test, as I forgot my meds at home *smacks head*
    Weekend was good. Saturday was my nana's 89th bday, and I called her to divert from the fact we were surprising her for dinner.
    Did some cleaning on Saturday, but it takes so long as with this cold I just get so damn tired. *yawn*

Dinner was good. She was shocked lol! She looked right at me and since she wasn't expecting me, she didn't really see me.
    After dinner we were suppose to go to a friend's place, but I told M I was too tired. So he went and I went to bed lol

Sunday we were going to M's grandparents. We're trying to save gas, so M's parents drove. But we stayed so late, and I was irritated. They're big sports fans and hockey was on - our city was playing - so we had to stay for awhile. I was so irked because I wish we drove so we could leave. Plus I didn't bring my cold meds because I didn't think we were staying that late.
    M doesn't watch enough to care, plus he seemed to be in an argumentative mood so I was irritated with him.

This morning I'm kinda dragging my ass, and M went back to bed after I left so I'm not annoyed. {he chose to stay up later ... guh}
    He's got another interview with a staffing agency today, and hopefully he'll hear back from that other company within next few days :) So I've got my fingers crossed for him!
  • howdy from Texas. 
    Wolverine was on Spring Break last week, so we took Friday off and spent Friday and Saturday at Six Flags in San Antonio. Wolverine had a blast. She's ~49-50" so she was tall enough to ride everything except 4-6 things. She got to do her first upside-down coaster during the trip. The wildest coaster that we went on was the new-ish Batman coaster ( I think it opened in 2015), and the best was probably the last ride on the Iron Rattler - up front, in the dark, like 15 minutes after the park closed. (Not sure where they cut off the line, but the kid told us we'd get on, and we did.) That one is a wooden coaster, and frequently ranks as one of the best in the world. 

Batman: 
    Batman: The Ride Roller Coaster POV Six Flags Fiesta Texas 2015 - YouTube

I'm a coaster nut (and thrill rides in general) so i'm happy that she's finally getting tall enough to go on the good stuff at the parks. We got season passes, and they're transferrable to the other parks, so maybe we'll try to hit up another park or two this year - and we'll probably go back to SA at least one more time before the end of the year. 

we spent yesterday driving home, catching up on chores (him), cooking (me), and watching hockey. 

This week is going to be busy. we have rodeo tickets for Thursday night, so may try to get our a little early on Thursday to make sure we get to see the whole thing. Houston always does the rodeo events (roping/riding/barrel races/etc.) and then follows it with a concert - we're seeing Blink 182. 

• DefConn ran up over $50 in Amazon Instant Video content.  So I put a passcode on the Fire.  He's PISSED.  

Amazon is refunding my money and removing the content, thankfully. 

It's going to be a long-ass 2 weeks.  *sigh*
  • A little bit of humor on a not so humorous day...we have a big order from a customer. This is a BIG customer so they have very particular requirements for their invoices. Friday, my boss spent all day invoicing some of them. I've just done half of them in an hour. He complained about it Friday at 4:30 (quitting time) and I asked him why he didn't let me do them because literally all I did Friday was crochet.
  • @mrsconn23  what on earth did he do!?
  • Yay for new baby. Congrats.
  • @mrsconn23 I'm sorry about your H's grandpa and step-grandpa. And I can't blame you for putting a password on the Fire - that's really good that Amazon refunded you the money. 
  • The weekend was relaxing, so that was nice.  Went grocery shopping on Saturday.  My $188 total at the check-out reminded why it's a bad idea to shop when hungry, lol.

On Sunday, I binge-watched Leah Remini's documentary series about Scientology.  While drinking half a blender full of no-sugar-added strawberry margaritas.  Instead of ice, I use frozen strawberries.  Delicious!  As for the documentary, it seemed pretty biased and got repetitive at times but, overall, was good and eye opening.

For some reason, I couldn't sleep last night.  I probably only got 2-3 hours and I'm definitely feeling it today.  I can't wait to go home.  But it's not even lunch yet, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy I haven't seen Leah Remini's series! What channel is it on? Is it good? Is it like Going Clear? 
  • @short+sassy I haven't seen Leah Remini's series! What channel is it on? Is it good? Is it like Going Clear? 
    I love the series!  It makes no pretense about bias - it's inherent.  It's from the POV of someone who left the church and is trying to out their secrets.  It's some seriously crazy shit! My sis lives in Clearwater and I told her that when I go back in May I want to stalk the campus haha.

I'm blanking on the channel, but it's the same one that has the Intervention shows.

I'm not familiar with Going Clear, but googled it.  It sounds similar.  Leah's show is on the A&E channel, but the series aired back in December (I think).  I'm just a hoarder on my DVR and hadn't watched it yet, lol.  I think its on On Demand.

It especially focused on Scientology requiring their parishioners to ostracize family members/friends, when one of those people leave the order.  But also touched on other abuses going on in the church.  Each episode has a similar theme.  Former high ranking parishioner leaves the order and faces the heartbreak of their kids and/or parents refusing to talk to them again.

Leah (female lead on King of Queens) had been a member for 35 years and had donated millions of dollars and tons of time.  She feels now it is a cult that manipulates and dupes people.  She is trying to bring awareness.

But, cynical that I am sometimes, I can't help but notice she's also been out of the lime light for many years and suspect that is also a large factor in her motivation.  It is very biased against anti-Scientology but, to be fair, the show doesn't pretend to be neutral.

Still, it was eye opening and interesting to hear people's stories about their experiences as Scientologists.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I want to watch the Scientology series sometime, I've always been intrigued by it from the small amount of info I've heard

In other random news I saw that a girl on my Next Door page from a neighborhood by us posted a link to her GoFundMe page to pay for her college.  Really?!?!?
  • @mrsconn23  what on earth did he do!?
    Apparently, it's really easy to buy paid content on the FireTV without the passcode.  Plus he was watching it too much (and unrestricted) as it was, (parenting fail, of course...damn TV as a babysitter) so this is actually helping to keep DH and me more accountable, LOL.  

In other TV-related news, the effing teenagers lost my TV remote.  So that's annoying.  I hope the kiddo turns it up today. 
  • kvruns said:
    I want to watch the Scientology series sometime, I've always been intrigued by it from the small amount of info I've heard
    Watch "Going Clear" first.  It was an HBO documentary and very intriguing.  I hope Leah Remini's series turns up on Hulu or Netflix to binge this summer. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    kvruns said:
    I want to watch the Scientology series sometime, I've always been intrigued by it from the small amount of info I've heard
    Watch "Going Clear" first.  It was an HBO documentary and very intriguing.  I hope Leah Remini's series turns up on Hulu or Netflix to binge this summer. 
    is it available on netflix? We don't have HBO Go or whatever that is called
  • mrsconn23 said:
    @mrsconn23  what on earth did he do!?
    Apparently, it's really easy to buy paid content on the FireTV without the passcode.  Plus he was watching it too much (and unrestricted) as it was, (parenting fail, of course...damn TV as a babysitter) so this is actually helping to keep DH and me more accountable, LOL.  
    Ahh okay. Jeez! At least they're refunding the money :)
  • Urg ..... M is coping a damn attitude with me and I am in ZERO mood to deal with it, so I'm ignoring my phone and I'm pretty sure he is too.

Thank gawd DMX is playing on the radio
    Ya'll gonna make me lose my mind
    Up in here, up in here!
  • kvruns said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    kvruns said:
    is it available on netflix? We don't have HBO Go or whatever that is called
    Oooh...IDK. Maybe it's on Netflix? 
  • @short+sassy @kimmiinthemitten Thank you! I'm actually happy it started in December - I needed a new show to binge watch ;-)