DIY Wedding Forum
Options

Current Projects

kwiksilverkwiksilver member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited March 2017 in DIY Wedding Forum
Just wanted to share a couple of the things I have been working on :smile:

First, even though we are having a daytime wedding, I wanted to have some lighting/decor for inside the tent.  I saw this "rag garland" on the internet somewhere and thought it would look nice.  Plus between my mother and I, we have miles of random fabric that wasn't allocated to projects, so I haven't spent anything on this, aside from 10 boxes of mini lights, that I got from a local buy n sell for $20

Second, I am making a couple of cupcake stands, with Dollarama supplies.  I got some different size tin platters, and a few glasses that I felt were ok.  Gorilla Glue and spray paint from the hardware.  I haven't painted it yet, but I'm pretty happy with the first one.  I have supplies for a second.

I have a few other things on the go, but I don't have pictures of them yet.  I am really enjoying the crafting aspect of this wedding thing, since it's one of my strengths.

Also I've picked up a lot of super awesome items for the wedding in general.  I wish we had a board for posting "wedding stuff hauls" but maybe that's too AWish 

Re: Current Projects

• Options
    I love the second one so much! I may steal the idea for non-wedding parties. ^_^
  • Options
    Those are both really nifty! 
  • Options
    I love your idea for the cupcake stand! Just one thing to consider - is the spray paint you got from the hardware store food safe? Rust Oleum and a few other brands make food safe spray paint that is specifically labelled as such. 
  • Options
    I love your idea for the cupcake stand! Just one thing to consider - is the spray paint you got from the hardware store food safe? Rust Oleum and a few other brands make food safe spray paint that is specifically labelled as such. 
    Thank you for mentioning this. The stuff I got isn't food safe, but I plan to finish the insides of the trays with clear food-safe epoxy. Or I will line them with parchment paper, I have to experiment yet. But a lot of people don't think about these things, so I am glad you asked :)