Attire & Accessories Forum

Advice on Bustier/Corset

Hey there beautiful brides!  I purchased my wedding dress this weekend, and love it!  It's ivory, strapless, and now I am in need of support garments...

Any plus-sized gals in west FL or central FL with some shops to go to? I do NOT want to buy online. I want to deal with actual people face-to-face. :smile:

Thank you!

Re: Advice on Bustier/Corset

• This is an international board so I can't recommend any specific places...

That said, I am a larger woman (40H) and I was able to purchase a basic long line bra to go under my gown on my wedding day.  I have heard many people on the boards got away with sewn in cups because once the dress is properly fitted it holds everything in place on its own.  If you are looking for a long line I know Lane Bryant sells them online only (around here anyway) but their in-store returns are hassle free if it doesn't work out.

• I bought a long line strapless bra from Alfred Angelo that I love. I bought it in store, but they do online ordering as well. 
  • Go to Nordstrom's.  I know you said you didn't want to go online but JC Penny is a great source however they don't carry them in-store.  David's is actually where I purchased my long-lines from (yes, you can go in and just purchase these alone)..