Wedding Woes

Let's get the Thursday party started

2»

Re: Let's get the Thursday party started

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2017
    @sparklepants41, awww so happy for you and glad everything is great with the baby.  I didn't know you knew the sex either for some reason.
    LOL at @Misskittydanger, no, no cat i owned would allow me to do that either. 
    @charlotte989875 and @kimmiinthemitten, I hope you get to try some pizza.  What ever you do, don't go to Lou Malnati's.  yucky.  Don't do it.  don't dooooo it.  Uno's or Giordano's. 

Here's my yelp review for one Lou's near me, but I found this to be across the board with them:

I got confused and ordered here instead of Giordano's.  It only reconfirmed my decision to never order from them again!  They get 1 star because of their easy online ordering system.  That, and you can't do zero stars. 

1st of all.  The ingredients. Bland.  Tasteless.  They do NOT use quality ingredients but charge you quality ingredient prices.
    2nd.  The crust.  I ordered the 'crispier' option (5 more minutes in the oven).  What I got could NOT have been crispy. If it was, I'd hate to see what the regular crust was.  After waiting 1.5 hours for this pizza, it could have gone in the oven longer.
    3rd, the salad.  BLAND. Exactly like their pizza ingredients.  I threw out a huge salad because it was so tasteless.
    4th, the "garlic" you pay extra for.  Just crushed on top...should be in the sauce anyway.  When you order garlic as an extra paid topping, how about nice big garlic chunks you can taste?  That 'ingredient' should be in the pizza anyway!

Bottom line, my meal was almost $50.  It's a lot of money to throw away on a horrible meal.  Never again, Lou! Never again!

• Been looking up harnesses for the cats because M and I are entertaining the idea of bringing the cats outside if he's BBQ'ing or we eat outside.

Can someone invent an easier harness? Penny is not going to let me shove her legs into one ....

Side note, apparently everyone in my office is lacking today lmao!! Serious convo that just happened ... {b = boss, c = coworker}

B - *hands me files* These are ready to go
    Me - *puts them aside to finish what I'm doing
    B - *goes up to C* where the file for XYZ?
    C - I ... put it on your desk?
    Me - *looks at files just given* Uhm ... it's on my desk?
    B - Oh .... what. Why?
    Me - you just gave them to me saying they were ready :')
    B - *stares and blinks at me* Oh .... I'll be okay :')
    C - Oh good! I'm not the only one brain dead today!

*we all laugh*

We tried to walk Nip on three different occasions.  We didn't have trouble putting her in the harness.  Though she "crab walked" for awhile the first time.  It was actually hilarious.

She didn't seem to mind the harness and the leash, especially after the first time.  But she wasn't any fun to walk.  We probably should have tried harder to teach her.

Dog=You tug on their leash.  They move it along and/or in the direction you want.  Maybe you have to tug multiple times, sometimes, but they get the hint eventually.

Cat (at least my cat)=Tug the leash as hard as you want.  Strangle me with it.  I don't give a s**t.  I'm going to sit here and smell this bush/tree/piece of grass, for no apparent reason, for the next 5 minutes.  Are you still tugging?  Make that 10 minutes.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Been looking up harnesses for the cats because M and I are entertaining the idea of bringing the cats outside if he's BBQ'ing or we eat outside.

Can someone invent an easier harness? Penny is not going to let me shove her legs into one ....

Side note, apparently everyone in my office is lacking today lmao!! Serious convo that just happened ... {b = boss, c = coworker}

B - Oh .... what. Why?

*we all laugh*

We tried to walk Nip on three different occasions.  We didn't have trouble putting her in the harness.  Though she "crab walked" for awhile the first time.  It was actually hilarious.

She didn't seem to mind the harness and the leash, especially after the first time.  But she wasn't any fun to walk.  We probably should have tried harder to teach her.

Dog=You tug on their leash.  They move it along and/or in the direction you want.  Maybe you have to tug multiple times, sometimes, but they get the hint eventually.

Cat (at least my cat)=Tug the leash as hard as you want.  Strangle me with it.  I don't give a s**t.  I'm going to sit here and smell this bush/tree/piece of grass, for no apparent reason, for the next 5 minutes.  Are you still tugging?  Make that 10 minutes.

I don't think we'll walk the cats, but I do not trust them without leash/harness in the yard.

Penny without leash: Bye! We love you. Have a nice life <3 Find a family who can care for you at least!
    Angel without a leash: get half way into field behind our house, I open cat food. He returns.

It'd be interesting if we could try and walk them .... I think Penny would be more reactive to it since she likes to explore stuff.

B - Oh .... what. Why?

*we all laugh*

I don't think we'll walk the cats, but I do not trust them without leash/harness in the yard.

Penny without leash: Bye! We love you. Have a nice life <3 Find a family who can care for you at least!
    Angel without a leash: get half way into field behind our house, I open cat food. He returns.

It'd be interesting if we could try and walk them .... I think Penny would be more reactive to it since she likes to explore stuff.

We have a large, fully fenced in backyard.  We let Nip out into the yard sometimes, though not usually at night.  Make no mistake.  She could climb over the fence if she wanted to, she just doesn't.  Or she does.  But returns shortly after.  So we are none the wiser, lol.

We used to have a "cat door" for her.  Or more specifically, she made one for herself and we allowed it.  We have a window a/c in our front room and she would squeeze herself around the foam on the sides and get out.  Then she'd just come back into the house the same way.

It actually worked great!  Until the day a feral cat got into our house the same way.  When we got home, the feral cat was thankfully still about 5-6' away from Nip, but had her backed into a corner :(.  My H scared the feral down the hall while I held our dog.  We were wondering how we'd get it out of the house once we got it out of the bedroom.  But, boop!, it ran and then jumped right back out of the window it had used to come in.  Poor Nip was unharmed, but was shaking and terrified for hours after that.

We immediately fixed the sides between the a/c and the pane so they were more permanent and little beasties couldn't come in anymore.  Unfortunately, the same was true for Nip and she lost her easy access to the outside.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

B - Oh .... what. Why?

*we all laugh*

We have a large, fully fenced in backyard.  We let Nip out into the yard sometimes, though not usually at night.  Make no mistake.  She could climb over the fence if she wanted to, she just doesn't.  Or she does.  But returns shortly after.  So we are none the wiser, lol.

We used to have a "cat door" for her.  Or more specifically, she made one for herself and we allowed it.  We have a window a/c in our front room and she would squeeze herself around the foam on the sides and get out.  Then she'd just come back into the house the same way.

It actually worked great!  Until the day a feral cat got into our house the same way.  When we got home, the feral cat was thankfully still about 5-6' away from Nip, but had her backed into a corner :(.  My H scared the feral down the hall while I held our dog.  We were wondering how we'd get it out of the house once we got it out of the bedroom.  But, boop!, it ran and then jumped right back out of the window it had used to come in.  Poor Nip was unharmed, but was shaking and terrified for hours after that.

We immediately fixed the sides between the a/c and the pane so they were more permanent and little beasties couldn't come in anymore.  Unfortunately, the same was true for Nip and she lost her easy access to the outside.

Ours is fully fenced too but our cats are not to be trusted lmfao
  • @CharmedPam I'm actually not a fan of Giordanas, I'm a Gino's East gal:).  Not to be confused with giardiniera, I do love me some of that!

I think we're going to Gibsons Monday night so at least I know I'm in for some good steak and even better dirty martinis!

• @CharmedPam I'm actually not a fan of Giordanas, I'm a Gino's East gal:).  Not to be confused with giardiniera, I do love me some of that!

I think we're going to Gibsons Monday night so at least I know I'm in for some good steak and even better dirty martinis!

I had that for the first time when I was in Boston last Sept.  Darn it!  Why isn't that stuff everywhere?

Everyone can keep their fru-fru too sweet cocktails.  Give me a dirty martini any day, preferably gin but vodka will do in a pinch.  You're a woman after my own heart, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2017
    @CharmedPam I'm actually not a fan of Giordanas, I'm a Gino's East gal:).  Not to be confused with giardiniera, I do love me some of that!

Oh, you know what?  that's what I mean by Uno's. Gino's East. LOL. You got my stamp of approval on that one too.

edit:  we go to gibsons a lot for work too.  I'm not much for steak, so get the burger.  Nothing special.  Their family size sides are amazing.  I can eat the shit out of the brussel sprouts. 

edit edit:  they're really good because I'm sure it's 50% butter and 50% sprout.

• I've been lobbying for Bavettes over Gibsons but I'm not buying so I'm not complaining either!